Sage Hospitality Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 10, 2017

5.0
Walter L. Isenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits include a free public transportation (RTD) pass, on-site gym, planned community service opportunities and lots of fun people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• good benefits, fun team, active work environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is complacent and too comfortable (in 8 reviews)

• Back to the low pay everyone seems to look out for number one instead of taking care of the people that do the grunt work so turn over rate is high (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"LOVE my job !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have truly loved my time at Sage. They do their best to put their associates first and find development opportunities for them. My team is like a family to me and I feel very thankful to be part of Sage as it continues to grow.

Cons

As the company gets bigger, it's always going to be hard to keep a consistent message from the Home Office to the properties in the field but compared to other places I've worked, I think there's better communication and better understanding of what's needed. Sometimes, with larger organizations the corporate office can be disconnected from the real issues in the field but I think Sage is at a good size in that regard. Not too big but also not too small.

Advice to Management

Keep sight of all these wonderful initiatives and priorities as the company continues to grow!

2. "A great place to work !"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team spirt! Always looking for ways to improve. Very involved in community service. Leaders have the ability to lead their teams.

Cons

Been here about a year and so far. I enjoy working here. All departments want to help and make the company better.

Aug 14, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your first year of employment at Sage. I am glad that you have experienced our team spirit and community service involvement. I hope that your... More

3. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care about their employees, they work with other brands and companies to offer specialty discounts to employees, and there is plenty of room for advancement.

Cons

Cons are property specific, so they're irrelevant to SAGE itself

Jul 31, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you for your review of Sage! I am glad that you have seen us ‘enriching lives one experience at a time’ including that of our associates. We strive to do that each and every day and it is... More

"Can't believe I get to work here everyday!"

Pros

From the very first contact after my application, I was impressed by the care and dedication Sage Hospitality demonstrated to me, even just as a candidate. Their communication was always courteous, timely, and friendly! I could tell just from emails with them that they love their jobs and their company, and it was truly contagious.
    They are so intentional and genuine with everything they do. Management and coworkers are willing to be transparent and even vulnerable. They share their company values openly and are committed to them whole-heartedly. They aren't just some words written on a wall somewhere. I definitely consider myself lucky to now be part of such an incredible team.

Cons

There is so much growth, and "newness" (which is a great thing!) that adaptability definitely needs to be a key strength for employees. Perhaps there could be more training surrounding how to be adaptable. There is a lot of support from everyone, but maybe some more tangible skills could be beneficial.

May 30, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Thank you so much for such a great review. The experiences you have had so far are exactly what we strive for each and every day. It makes me proud to know that each department does their part in... More

5. "Great opportunities!!"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sage has been an incredible company to work for. They truly take care for their associates. Over the last several years of hard work and great passion for the business, I have been afforded many great opportunities to advance my career. I highly recommend this company if you are results-driven, passionate and looking to advance your career.

Cons

Sage is not always the best at procedures and systems but we more than make up for it in how we take care of our people.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Take care of your people. Be heart-led leaders!

May 30, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

Congratulations on being with Sage for over 10 years! That speaks volumes as to our Sage culture and our ability to provide advancement opportunities for our associates. I want Sage to continue to... More

6. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allows me to run my business without interference. Trusts me to make on site decisions. Allows me to do charity work and actually makes it part of my performance review.

Cons

Orientation process is not exactly fine tuned. You need to be a self starter.

May 25, 2017 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

It is great to hear from a recently hired General Manager that you feel empowered to act independently and that you too value community service and its’ impact. We take pride in our hiring process... More

7. "Best in Class!"

Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, transparent, development, community involvment

Cons

Keeping up with the growth!

May 9, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback!

8. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sage is a great company! The values the company has is what they strive for every day. They make a difference in every community where they have a hotel. Continue enriching lives, one experience at a time!

Cons

This is a difficult industry as the labor pool is a challenge. This isn't unique to Sage though.

Advice to Management

Continue to blend the two hotel divisions.

May 9, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

We appreciate your review of Sage and are delighted to have you on our team. Thanks for helping us continue to create places people go to, not through!

9. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company values mean a lot to me... Integrity, Goal driven, teamwork, community mided, etc.

Cons

Company is based in Denver. Must be willing to relocate to advance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 13, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you are enjoying your career with Sage!

10. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

great culture of the company, passionate individuals empowered to take care of our guests, resonant leaders

Cons

comp/benefits could use some improvement

Jan 9, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

We appreciate your review, thanks!