Sage Intacct Reviews | Glassdoor

Sage Intacct Reviews

Updated January 11, 2019

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is exactly what I was hoping for as a parent of small children" (in 63 reviews)

• "A great place with leaders who lead by example" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Currently there is no 401K match" (in 19 reviews)

• "Company is growing fast but some processes are still inefficient and process improvements are slow" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Sage Intacct because the focus is in the right place - Customer Success. The entire company is built around it and that fosters a culture of cooperation and innovation. I've been with the company almost a year now and they live their core values. I love going to work and I love the people I work with.

Cons

To be honest, I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work! You guys ROCK!

2. "Truly an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super smart amazing people, Great team atmosphere, Tons of great perks & company sponsored events, but most importantly you really get the feeling people are genuinely excited to be apart of Sage-Intacct!

Cons

As a rapidly growing business we've seen some growing pains, business processes should be reviewed frequently & scale-able solutions put in place for future growth. No 401k match - yet ;)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks for making Sage-Intacct an amazing place to work!

3. "A Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best workplaces in the valley. There's great commaraderie here and great co workers. The company takes care of its employees and makes sure they are heard.

Cons

They may need to be more competitive with salaries in comparison to the Bay Area market numbers.

Advice to Management

Keep on being accessible and always have an open mind to the employees who look up to you.

4. "Sr product manager"

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time

Pros

Awesome work culture , awesome team work

Cons

None for far looks like none

5. "Director of Marketing, Financial Services"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sage Intacct has a strong collaborative and supportive culture. There is an openness to exploring new ways of engaging target audiences and sharing learnings with extended team members.

Cons

I work remotely so it is important to take the time to connect with core team members regularly to ensure strong engagement.

Advice to Management

The company culture is amazing. It is positive, supportive, and collaborative.

6. "2nd Family"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time

Pros

- The people.. they're my second family
    - Great work/life balance

Cons

- There is no perfect company

Advice to Management

- Keep investing in your people; that's how you'll keep them

7. "The company is good but Management will not back you."

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company tries very hard to maintain their culture. They have grown considerably over the last few years and have done a great job of maintaining that culture.

Cons

Management does not always have your back. If you have an issue or a complaint about your direct report and go over their head it won't matter because they will back management over their workers. I'm know there are better managers at the company I have not run across them yet.

Advice to Management

If you have several employees complaining about a manager then do something about it. I don't see that anything has been done regarding this manager.

8. "Sales Development Representative, Inbound"

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team, everyone here is very friendly
    Work hard, play hard attitude
    Territories are split up in a way that toes aren't stepped on
    Honest team members

Cons

Early start (could also be a pro depending on how you look at it)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good encouragement and the check-ins

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Sage Intacct full-time

Pros

• Great environment! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The culture here is what makes it a great place to work.
    • Great location in the heart of Downtown San Jose located in a nice building
    • Great perks (Free snacks, drinks, occasional breakfast and lunch)
    • Benefit packages are great as well (Although it's gotten a little worse for 2019)
    • No micromanagement - Leaders allow you to work at your will as long as you perform well.
    • Best of all, an amazing team of talented individuals who strive to perform at their best and a company to provide the tools and assistance to do so
    • Good opportunity to grow within the company and learn lots of great skills
    • Great PTO, WFH and work life balance opportunities

Cons

• Training has not been the greatest - Seems that this is still in progress in some departments. It was difficult to learn the product at first as the first few weeks of training did not provide any helpful information. Mainly just videos that will make you want to fall asleep. Unfortunately, this made me unprepared for when I began to actually work, but teammates are always willing to help which is great.
    • A little bit of favoritism is played in some departments and kinda takes away the value of a team environment.
    • Stressful environment - Accounting is not an easy subject and can get really frustrating for clients and for the employees. However, Sage is helpful in giving you the time you need to manage your work/stress.
    • No 401k Match unfortunately.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to provide better training for new hires, so that they are more prepared for their role (The fundamental class is great)

Overall great experience and I look forward to my future with Sage.

10. "Sals development"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at Sage Intacct full-time

Pros

It’s starts out great, especially if this is your introduction to software sales. The people they hire are full of culture and most of them are hard workers. Good on a resume.

Cons

Where to start?

Everything depends on territory which is delegated by your managers. Territories are hardly ever fixed/repaired so there are clear territories that will promote you before others or hold you back longer.

Huge favorites game. Don’t dare speak out to management or disagree as that will alienate yourself from moving up. People are “promoted” through taps on the shoulders and others they don’t want to promote should have “applied online” and follow a broken process.

Turnover is unreal. I saw upwards of 15 people leave during my year tenure, and that’s just in sales dev. This attributes to the lack of promotion. 6 mos turns into 1 year and some people have worked in role 2yrs+ without promotion.

Culture from management is fake. Smiles and create a great brand reading off of Glassdoor but it’s a mirage when you join sales dev. (HR pushes you to write a review when you just join as you are the most happy)

Too many unqualified VPs and Directors.

Great product but front line sales is an issue.

Advice to Management

You have a great product and great minds enter the company. Fire the people holding your organization back. Give up the groups that management has been a part of or the company won’t last. You have great talent leaving to other companies. HR needs to stand up and take a hard look at how sales dev is being run and evaluate management.