Sage Intacct Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.7
Sage Intacct Chief Executive Officer Steve Hare
Steve Hare
Pros
  • "True understanding of work/life balance(in 106 reviews)

• "Great place to start your career(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Currently there is no 401K match(in 21 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains, but that is a good problem to have(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Leading with Authenticity and Integrity

Jun 24, 2020 - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

With their experienced leadership team, they really know how to be strategic. Their highest priority has been and continues to be to see and treat their customers and employees as humans with needs, and they are continuously working in service to those needs. I have been especially impressed by their response to the additional challenges presented by COVID and social concerns elevated by the BLM movement. They are adept at striking balance between being ambitious with innovation, and respecting the humans that need to have balance in order to execute with excellence. They have gone above and beyond to demonstrate what strong leadership looks like, and I am grateful to have an opportunity to work in a authentically inclusive corporate culture. Our company strives to engage our users to become "Customers for Life," and our corporate authenticity and integrity makes me want to be an Employee for Life.

Cons

Rapid growth and a dispersed workforce creates natural challenges with silos. Efforts are underway to address this natural growing pain.

2 people found this review helpful

Sage Intacct Response

Sr Recruiting Coodinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! This year so far has been a rollercoaster but one thing is always certain that, as a team, we can achieve anything. It is important that we continuously create a space where our number one value is putting both our customers and colleagues first. That is why Sage Intacct strongly believes in and supports the Black Lives Matter movement and we are actively addressing and working towards a better tomorrow.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for.

May 5, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great. Collaborative work environment. Great opportunity for someone in sales.

Cons

Older internal processes sometimes take a bit longer than I'd like to update.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Mar 11, 2021 - Sales Enablement Specialist in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a caring group. Does not just give lip service to wanting employees to have balanced, happy lives. Requiring employees to take 3 paid, scheduled days off in next 90 is one example. Truly unique for a large, established co. Celebrates women’s month and other strong gender programs.

Cons

Little chaotic, lots of acquisitions merged together. Lot of work to do to make it better, but products and services for clients are great.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Sage Intacct and Sage really care about their people, the community, the environment and more!

Mar 19, 2021 - Senior Manager Information Security in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive and cooperative working environment Respect, cooperation and teamwork is exemplified. The company promotes diversity, equality and empathy. Best company I have worked for in my long 28+ year career!

Cons

None. Truly. So glad I came to work for Sage Intacct and Sage.

5. 5.0

Stable & Productive Work Environment

Mar 18, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mature company with very competitive compensation, both salary and benefits. A culture that promotes productivity without being stressful or demanding. A focus on keeping work at work, with virtually no crunch time/mandatory overtime at all, even for salaried positions.

Cons

Though the culture is relaxed and unstressful, it is definitely a work environment, and younger employees looking for a silicon valley startup culture might be a little let down.

6. 2.0

Beware of Upcoming Changes

Nov 18, 2020 - Worker Bee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sage Intacct was just pronounced a Best Place to Work for a 10th year in a row, and a lot of the underlying goodness is still here: colleagues that have their heart in the right place, a good product, a desire to do right by the customer, competency and a growth mindset.

Cons

Intacct was acquired by Sage in 2017 but was operated as a separate unit until August-September 2020. Now it's integration in full force. Beloved Sage Intacct leaders are being terminated or leaving voluntarily. New policies and processes are being put in place, some of which are quite eyebrow raising. For example, it is now nearly impossible to relocate to another state; this requires approval at the highest level from the UK, which is usually not provided. There are enough canaries in the coalmine now to indicate that Sage Intacct is turning from an agile and awesome Silicon Valley startup into a a typical large company - of European flavor at that - with all the baggage that comes with it. This already sucks for startup-minded colleagues, who are starting to leave, and I anticipate will soon suck for customers. If you are a "big company" type of person, Sage is the right place for you. The rest, join Sage Intacct at your own risk.

8 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Amazing!

Apr 5, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, benefits, and company are amazing.

Cons

Alongside training, we should have some examples of real work to compare and work on.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great starting point, no room for promotion

Mar 23, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great sales tools available -Learn SaaS selling -Fun team

Cons

-No room for growth -Forcing SDRs to go into account management instead of supporting those who want to move into AE roles as well -Leadership does not genuinely care about SDRs even though we bring in massive amount of pipeline and opportunities for the business

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

UX Designer

Apr 5, 2021 - Principal User Experience Designer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good collaboration and overall culture

Cons

Lack of traditional design process

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture of doing the right thing

Sep 23, 2020 - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my 8 years of working for other software companies, Sage Intacct strikes the unique balance of doing that right thing by its customers and employees and being a first class software company. The culture of empathy and mission is evident. I started during Covid when everyone was afraid of what was next. Leadership at Sage Intacct led with empathy and competence. The result was that our customers were taken care and our teams were empowered. I've been apart of smaller organizations where the ability to serve our customers was lacking and I've been apart of publically traded companies where egos often got in the way. One company in particular was purchased by Oracle (NetSuite) and that company really changed the culture. I find that Sage's purchase of Intacct has not had the same negative effect. In addition * Competitive Pay * Good benefits * Managers are coaches * Sales enablement is rock solid * Customers rank SI #1 in customer satisfaction * Work from Home (even before Covid)

Cons

I really can't think of many cons. Covid sucks so there's a lot we aren't able to experience right now. But that's everywhere.

Sage Intacct Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review and for your positive outlook on the exciting changes Sage Intacct is going through! We appreciate all that you do in putting our customers first and making Sage Intacct an overall great SaaS company!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 492 Reviews