Sage Reviews in Lawrenceville, GA | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sage CEO Stephen Kelly
Stephen Kelly

Pros
  • Growing company with great work life balance (in 68 reviews)

• Good benefits and rewards from the company (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • It's sad when upper management tells you if you don't like it find another job (in 51 reviews)

• New senior management could give a damn about people (in 22 reviews)

"Technical Support Analyst"

Former Contractor - Technical Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Contractor - Technical Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Smart people to work with.

Cons

If you are in customer service and support prepare to be taken advantage of daily.

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sage started off wonderful; the training was thorough and very hands on, clear expectations were set, many resources for help and assistant on the job, laid-back office atmosphere, lenient policies on attendance and daily work flow

Cons

As Sage progresses you see more micro-management, lots of policies being changed, unrealistic goals to be met, larger workloads with little to no training and no compensation for the increased workload, unrealistic procedures to resolve issues

Advice to Management

Don't push your employees and put unnecessary stresses on them for company faults

Feb 23, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Sage is wonderful and we put emphasis on colleague learning and development - for example Linda.com in The Sage Academy has 1000s of hours of training...from personal and ... More

"Shareholders First"

Current Employee - Sales in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are very close knit and friendly. It's like going to war together. Everything is a struggle and as a result everyone bonds together against the common enemy.

Vacation time accrues quicker than most companies and 5 days are offered annually for volunteer work.

The ever changing commission structures can sometimes work to your advantage and play out in large dividends.

Cons

Constant inconsistency coupled to poor strategy results in short term wins with long term losses.

Sage is a company that smile in your face and stab you in the back. You're nothing but a number. Sales, Service, Management or whatever role you play in the show. It's nothing more than a show to impress shareholders.
    Many times I've spoke with people affiliated with Sage and they all say the same thing... "Shareholders first."
    Investors come before training programs to enable competent managers and employees. They come before customer service and product innovations. They come before market research to improve processes.
    Employees continue to come in and leave within 1 year cycles. Everyone wants to join another team as soon as they start... And when they move they immediately regret it. Progression is almost useless. I have watched multiple people accept "Promotions" and constantly talk about lower pay which ultimately leads to them leaving the company.

Advice to Management

Stop putting on a show and do some true introspection. Stop pretending you care and be honest with your employees. Stop acting like you have a clear path forward... And most importantly take a closer look at your NA executives... They are killing what could be a great company.

Mar 27, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for reviewing Sage. We totally agree with you, our people are great - our greatest asset hence the investment Sage makes in them. Whether that's the learning & development platform called ... More

"Software as a disservice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the people you work with are good people. The business partners from the channel are also great to work with.

Cons

Never in my life have I worked for such an unprofessional company. I have been in situations innumerable times that made me question my morales and the integrity of this company.
    The entire "sales floor" is little more than a bunch of over paid bill collectors. They use fear and intimidation instead of service and value to renew customers. Oftentimes they also prey on customers ignorance to move people from over priced perpetual software onto over priced subscriptions that offer no value or improvements in the solution.
    Commission structures are subject to change at a moments notice and can be retroactively applied to recoup money sales reps rightfully earned. Quotas are made unobtainable for the aforementioned "bill collectors" resulting in "alternative" methods of revenue generation. Often of an unscrupulous nature.
    The channel program is a joke. The partners are treated like garbage. The channel managers are little more than glorified lead distributors who all seem to be on highly paid vacation. The attempted blend of indirect and direct sales is a complete disaster resulting in animosity on both sides of the business.
    VPs, directors and managers all concern themselves more with interpersonal relationships and favoritism than actual leadership. Everyone of them is cracking a whip instead leading the charge.

It's spiraling out of control and the writing is clearly on the wall.

Advice to Management

Clean house literally. Let go of every single leader in the entire North American divison who cannot tell you a 50 ft drop on the business or perform the process they are managing. Stop hiring tyrants and "yes men". Search for leaders who can truly lead and inovate ways to improve processes. Provide actual training to employees and I'm power them with knowledge. Stop pretending to be a direct sales company and focus on your quality of service and updates to your solutions instead of greater margins. And most importantly stop calling yourself a SAAS company... You're offering little more than an extended warranty.

Mar 27, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for spending time writing your review. Unethical behaviour is not tolerated at Sage as detailed in our Code of Conduct, all colleagues here have access to the free and confidential ... More

"Calls At the Speed Of Life"

Former Contractor - Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Contractor - Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Many Shifts, Good Work life balance, Beautiful office, Free PacMan

Cons

Day to day change
    Unrealistic Expectations
    Temp til you die

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Some supervisors cant even help you because they dont know the product so how can they really be effective leaders.

"A company for the Shareholders"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits- Dental, Vision, Medical, Gym reimbursement.
    Start with vacation time
    Overtime available if needed
    Pay is decent if you can hit goal.
    Work/Life balance is good

Cons

Company is becoming to vested in the shareholders rather than the employees. Doubling or even tripling goals from the previous year without making improvements to the product- and at the same time increasing the price of the product 2 to 4 times a year.
    Micro-managing is ridiculous because of the impossible-to-hit goals.
    Sage puts on a facade of being a huge family and "OneSage", but again, all of its changes are for the shareholders, not the employees.
    Too many changes happen in a year with compensation.

Advice to Management

Pick a compensation plan and don't change it when your employees start making money.
    Properly compensate mid-market sales- they are selling multi-thousand dollar (tens of thousands) software and you award them with hundred dollar bonuses. This is why your mid-market teams drastically change every few months. No one will sell you millions a month for a 2 grand check.
    Stop increasing prices and irritating off customers
    Don't act like we have a say in the company and we are a family then tell us to "quit if you don't like it".

Jan 24, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the benefits and feel you have a good work-life balance. That is important no matter where you work. It’s ... More

"Negative CEO"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, friendly people, known product.

Cons

lack of growth opportunity. CEO who accentuates the negative instead of the positive. Makes you wonder why to come to work.

Advice to Management

Management individuals wear too many hats that's is why they don't move people up. Management appears to be insecure.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people to work with.

Cons

Compensation structure always changing. just when you start making a little money everything gets changes. You may get 1 month with a good check but you can be guaranteed if you do, the commission plan will change the following month and it always means less money for you until you get the hang of it, In which case it will change again. It changes about every 2 or 3 months. Most of the Management have never been on the phones in the positions they manage . Most have never used the software and are unable to help you.

"Sage is a Joke"

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting Team in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Finance/Accounting Team in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ONLYreason I stay at this company is the people. I'm not talking about top management, I am referring to my team. Sage has many great people on the teams here. That is about all I can say.

Cons

Cons are plentiful! This entire "transformation" that was done in the finance and accounting are is a complete fiasco. We've got people doing the functions of 2 or more people and Sage does NOT care. Sage refers to work life balance. There is NONE. They do not look to the back office teams and see how much we are doing. Not one person I know is not deflated. Now we get to have a team "building" event next week that NO ONE is looking forward to. It just means that we have to give more of our time (in the evenings) to get our work done which means more time away from our family which means NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. I'm really saddened it has come to this and I'm not certain what can be done to turn things around in regards to employee morale. I would absolutely NOT recommend anyone to work here. Bonuses this year were a joke. Yes I'm thankful something was paid out, but did whomever come up with the calculation even look at a majority of the people and what they gave up for Sage in the last year. The bonus was a joke when I think about the hours of my life that I will never get back. I will not make that mistake again. This year, I worked harder than I have ever worked before at this company and gave it my ALL. I would have rather had NO bonus than the miniscule amount that I was given.

Advice to Management

Talk is cheap. Things are NOT better here. No, you can't pat yourselves on the back. You have not done a good job with this "transformation". People are dying over here, our health is declining from the volume and the stress. Oh, and taking a day off without working is UNHEARD of and essentially expected. Now that we have vacation caps, we now have to spend time managing our PTO and begin taking it even though we still have to work. This year, I am not doing that. I will take my time off and I WILL NOT work on my PTO. Do not schedule any more "team buidling" events for us please as that creates more work for us. DO something about the day to day - we need headcount and you won't give it to us. Do something that matters to us not to you and the fact you can pat your back because we have a team building event. Sage lives MATTER! Help us get out of the mess you have created or else more people , more good people will leave.

11. "Support world"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment and people. CEO has a clear direction and ensures the ELT expresses that direction to their direct reports.

Cons

need to have mroe career development type programs to offer to colleagues

Jan 9, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review and I agree the people and our environment here at Sage are great. Yes, Stephen Kelly, our CEO, has laid out where we are going and what we need to do to get there. Thanks ... More