Sage Reviews in Lawrenceville, GA | Glassdoor

Sage Lawrenceville Reviews

Updated March 20, 2017

Lawrenceville, GA

Pros
  • Growing company with great work life balance (in 65 reviews)

• Good benefits and rewards from the company (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • It's sad when upper management tells you if you don't like it find another job (in 51 reviews)

• New senior management could give a damn about people (in 21 reviews)

"Ask the right questions"

Former Employee - Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of great people at Sage who work hard and will help you out to achieve the goals.

Cons

Many have been at Sage for over 15 years and continue to do it the way it has always been done. They are stuck in the past and will revert back to that. If you are not open to the ways of the past and/or able to kiss it a little, then you will not last long. Watch out for knives at times.

"Sage does not deliver on employee promises"

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sage will always hit their financial targets, no matter what.

Cons

Sage continues to engage in business practices that negatively impact their employees at every turn. They continually cut employee benefits in an effort to boost financial performance perception, and they operate with the "do more with less people" mentality. They use a completely outdated process for performance management, forcing managers to have to arbitrarily score employees with "unsatisfactory and needs improvement" in order to hit the bell curve quota established by HR. Merit increases are tiny, even for high performers. Don't expect to be rewarded for your hard work in keeping their customers happy. They will continue to under-appreciate you and nit pick at you about meaningless arbitrary goals that have NOTHING to do with serving the customer.

Advice to Management

Stephen Kelly, service is delivered through the hard work and diligent efforts of your people. Don't treat them like "resources". Treat them like human beings, appreciate their work and show you value them by investing in their development and financial growth. Take a page from Salesforce.com - they are successful because they not only SAY they value their employees, but they actually invest the dollars to back their claim. Don't arbitrarily force your line managers to rank order their employees. It is possible to have a high performing team that doesn't have an underperformer in its ranks.

"Innovative employer"

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborate environments with peers which allows the flexibility to broaden your knowledge base in learning about all we do with Support, Sales, Service, Finance and Human Resources

Cons

Since going to the Google environment style, it's intentional value was to allow a more collaboration it feels like the exact opposite has occurred. Feels like you are under more scrutiny because if you have time to chat you should be able to complete more action items. So now the environment is more heads down with headphones on.

Advice to Management

Enjoying collaborative environment but allow us to feel collaborative

Nov 11, 2016 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Hi there and thanks for your review. It's great seeing the new office environment in Lawrenceville but disappointing to hear your feedback about it. Have you used the 'Roundtable' forums to inform ... More

"Sage is part of the family"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with great work life balance. pressure to be the best and bring out the best in you versus allow you to become complaisant. Great online training free to all employees via Lydia.com for anyone willing to grow as an individual. Constant training, and creation of new products to offer our customers to create more "stickiness" and decrease churn. Tons of events to promote Charities, giving back to the community and educating the youth.

Cons

In a world of constant change to reach the goals set for 2020 so consistency is out but if you are dynamic and forward thinking it is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Ensure that upper and lower management are on the same page. lower management should ask themselves "Would I say that to an employee if Stephen Kelly was standing next to me?".

Oct 27, 2016 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. It is fantastic to hear you experience a good work-life balance - that is so important to us. Linda.com is the most amazing tool isn't it...we love it! Thousands of courses ... More

"Inside sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

I had a manager whom had weekly sales using belligerent yelling and screaming at the 10 of us every week. She actually screamed report me to HR! I've been twice and I'm not going anywhere. But you all are! After 2 years here I literally just resigned one before I threw up working for this manager any longer.

Cons

Outdated products with people using forcing customers to upgrade products by misleading them, then being rewarded as top reps.

Advice to Management

Advice to management. Read these reviews before you get sued. I can't give a negative rating do used 1 star.

"Great company, great opportunity, be flexible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Sage is a great company. It offers a number of product lines, so we cater to almost everyone.
    Sage is constantly evolving and growing, meaning there are many opportunities for staff to evolve and grow with it. Be patient & flexible.
    Sage offers round table sessions to allow for employee feedback.
    Sage offers employee engagement opportunities, to not only give back to others but to build moral within the organization.
    We know who our leadership is & they are approachable. I can walk up to the global CEO and have a conversation about our customers or products, and he owns it. He doesn't just pass the buck. They try to be as transparent as possible. I always feel like we are in the loop of what is happening on a global scale.

Cons

With the numerous products Sage offers, there is not enough integration between them. There needs to be more talking between products that will offer a full service solution.

Additional training is always a plus. Its difficult to get training on specific product lines if you work in a different group but work with that product line.

Advice to Management

Continue to accept feedback. Be transparent & offer training access to all Sage employees.

Oct 31, 2016 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We totally agree that there are lots of opportunities at Sage for you to carve out a great career. Our CEO Stephen Kelly has a clear vision and that has been ... More

"Cruel and oppressive leadership in Lawrenceville - STAY AWAY"

Current Employee - Sales in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice office, great colleagues and some products are good.

Cons

Male chauvinist tyrants describe the leadership team in Lawrenceville, GA perfectly. This team has created a hostile work environment. Non-management colleagues are disrespected and will pay the consquences if you don't agree with leadership.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You have a serious problem that will lead to a lawsuit if you don't stop this behavior.

"Long term employees are not valued"

Current Employee - Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck and decent benefits. PTO is generous and the five volunteer days are a plus. Most of the people that work there are awesome.

Cons

Newer people with less experience are coming in making more money than current employees and a better bonus plan with minimum of 20%. Older employees are still on a 4% bonus plan and have not been given a date when it will be changed. The older employees are doing most of the work and not being rewarded. Morale is low and there are a lot of new people that do not know what they're doing and the older people are trying to correct things before it's too late. It's about to be too late because the people with the knowledge are walking out the door in droves because they do not feel valued. With the current changes in the company there is no room for advancement or growth unless you are in sales

Advice to Management

Value your current employees that has made the company successful. Pay them more than the less experienced that are coming in the door so they can be appreciated. Put everyone on the same bonus plan so everyone can make money. We should not be doing most of the work and being paid the least. If nothing is done when the knowledge leaves it will never be duplicated and the damage will be permanent.

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/home life balance..5 paid charity volunteer days a year...community involvement...open to feedback from employees...many cross training opportunities.

Cons

There have been several changes in the direction of the company over the past years due to changes in upper management.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees informed of changes and listen to their feedback.

Jul 12, 2016 – Global Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We agree the Sage Foundation - where you can use up to 5 days to help a charity - is a great idea and you are right, we love hearing from our colleagues and appreciate ... More

"Proceed with Caution"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In 9 months, I have been through 4 different pay structures. Each of them slowly decreasing my income. The company is going through major changes and job security is zero. If you are considering a sales position- proceed with caution. Ask many questions in the interview regarding compensation and be prepared to survive on your base salary alone.

Pros: PTO, benefits, in the process of major (forward?) change

Cons

Cons: ever changing compensation plans, higher (achievable) sales goals, outdated management style (although they are trying to change). Co-workers with a lot of drama... Upward mobility is challenging (especially if you're not part of the clique). The sales teams are being replaced by younger people, it's a great indicator that the company no longer wants to invest in its sales department.

Advice to Management

Step into the 21st century... embrace diversity, reward your sales team since they are the revenue engine of your company. Encourage your managers to cut back on the "bad apples" in the teams, work on enhancing a professional envorinment -not a locker room gang.

May 24, 2016 – Internal & External Communications Specialist, NA

Thank you for taking the time provide a review of Sage and for sharing your concerns with our current direction. Our strategic growth plan is designed to benefit our colleagues as well as our ... More