Sage Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Sage Products Reviews

Updated 16 Dec 2018

Found 86 reviews

3.8
Sage Products CEO Vince Foglia (no image)
Vince Foglia
  1. "Don’t fix what’s not broken"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

I worked at Sage Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hmm? Cary is a beautiful town and conveniently located near the Metra station. There are still some great people left.

Cons

Took away profit sharing bonuses 3p. Have to beg for paid lunch meetings unless the FDA is involved. Absolute lies from top management. Or at the very least, no transparency. Can’t recognize all the new faces. Bringing in recent grads and paying them next to nothing.

Advice to Management

Remember what made Sage successful.

Sage Products2018-01-21

"Stryker is Killing what Sage Used to be..."

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you had asked me 2 years ago about Sage, I would have wholeheartedly recommended it as an outstanding place to work. Amazing products that truly save patient lives, incredible culture, and very family-oriented with an incredible sense of teamwork both inter and intra-regionally. It's a very demanding sales job with some long hours, late nights and early mornings, but the compensation was excellent and you... really had a sense of purpose knowing that your blood, sweat and tears were literally saving patients lives (and preventing nurses from getting injured).

Cons

Stryker purchased Sage, and it's going down the tubes. There was a eerie calm after the ink dried, and it seemed like status quo for a while, but typical of Stryker acquisitions, the core of what made Sage amazing is getting eroded on a daily basis. Several top individuals in management have either been let go or have quit. I estimate at least 50% of the field sales force is actively looking for other... opportunities (myself included). Credit where credit is due, Stryker really helped dig us out of the last product recall, but other than that they've really made a mess of the culture.

Advice to Management

Mr. Vince Foglia, thank you for building an amazing company that I had several great years at. You've made an incredible impact on healthcare and also philanthropically within the community, and I wish you and all your charitable pursuits the best of success. To current management, I have no idea what your vision is, but your top people are either leaving or have left. Maybe that's the plan? The phrase "better... together" is getting very old - we were truthfully way better off on our own, before the acquisition. And a quick public speaking tip - maybe don't share an anecdote about a dilemma over which $40k wrist watch to purchase in front of a group of people who may have annual salaries in that range. It's bad optics.

Sage Products2018-01-15
  3. "NPD Intern"

I worked at Sage Products full-time

Pros

Interesting work, good work environment, great people

Cons

Not really team base activities, boring city

Sage Products2017-11-07
  4. "Sales"

I have been working at Sage Products full-time

Pros

This is a great company with a great culture

Cons

The company was recently acquired

Sage Products2017-10-06
  5. "Sales Analyst"

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and great quality of Co-Workers. Really good benefits, including nice 401K contributions. Onsite health clinic as well as workout space.

Cons

Difficulty finding opportunity to move up unless having significant sales experience.

Sage Products2017-09-20
  6. "QC Lead"

I worked at Sage Products full-time

Pros

Great environment, family like collegaues

Cons

not enough communications between departments and management

Sage Products2017-08-11

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great products, great company, great job, want to retire here.

Cons

The commission structure could be better. It promotes sand bagging because if you lose sales in a product category then you best not be selling it till next year.

Advice to Management

Stop applying your sales pressure to the sales reps. we get it. we want to make money and sales too

Sage Products2017-05-22
  8. "Great Company"

I worked at Sage Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I didn't appreciate what being a "sales driven" company truly meant until after I left. When inevitable challenges arise, upper management considers options to make it right.

Cons

After 40+yrs of being privately owned by its visionary founders, the company was bought by a large player. Changes to the culture have started and will continue.

Advice to Management

To the old management, thank you. To the new management, you know that the company you bought was extremely successful- try to resist making unnecessary changes.

Sage Products2017-05-15
  9. "Excellent Company"

in Cary, IL

I worked at Sage Products for more than 5 years

Pros

Family Oriented Company, Great Leadership

Cons

None, None, None, None, None

Sage Products2016-10-05
  10. "Great culture, great community, great future"

in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products

Pros

Sage has a great culture, which is being strengthened by the recent acquisition by Stryker. Senior management remains engaged with employees from top to bottom. Pay and compensation is competitive if not superior to other companies in the area.

Cons

The company really needs to expand its facility. It's already bursting at the seams and there is almost nowhere to park.

Sage Products2016-10-03