Sage Products Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Sage Products Sales Representative Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2018

Found 5 reviews

2.9
Sage Products CEO Vince Foglia (no image)
Vince Foglia

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great products, great company, great job, want to retire here.

Cons

The commission structure could be better. It promotes sand bagging because if you lose sales in a product category then you best not be selling it till next year.

Advice to Management

Stop applying your sales pressure to the sales reps. we get it. we want to make money and sales too

Sage Products2017-05-22

"Stryker is Killing what Sage Used to be..."

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you had asked me 2 years ago about Sage, I would have wholeheartedly recommended it as an outstanding place to work. Amazing products that truly save patient lives, incredible culture, and very family-oriented with an incredible sense of teamwork both inter and intra-regionally. It's a very demanding sales job with some long hours, late nights and early mornings, but the compensation was excellent and you... really had a sense of purpose knowing that your blood, sweat and tears were literally saving patients lives (and preventing nurses from getting injured).

Cons

Stryker purchased Sage, and it's going down the tubes. There was a eerie calm after the ink dried, and it seemed like status quo for a while, but typical of Stryker acquisitions, the core of what made Sage amazing is getting eroded on a daily basis. Several top individuals in management have either been let go or have quit. I estimate at least 50% of the field sales force is actively looking for other... opportunities (myself included). Credit where credit is due, Stryker really helped dig us out of the last product recall, but other than that they've really made a mess of the culture.

Advice to Management

Mr. Vince Foglia, thank you for building an amazing company that I had several great years at. You've made an incredible impact on healthcare and also philanthropically within the community, and I wish you and all your charitable pursuits the best of success. To current management, I have no idea what your vision is, but your top people are either leaving or have left. Maybe that's the plan? The phrase "better... together" is getting very old - we were truthfully way better off on our own, before the acquisition. And a quick public speaking tip - maybe don't share an anecdote about a dilemma over which $40k wrist watch to purchase in front of a group of people who may have annual salaries in that range. It's bad optics.

Sage Products2018-01-15
  3. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sage is a great company to work for. The products are outstanding, the very highest quality products but they are also costly, but are worth it. The culture is great, there is a gym to work out in, a doctors office as well as wonderful benefits.

Cons

More opportunity for growth would be great, as well as better compensation at times. It is a really hard job, but worth it. Sometimes a chain will lose business and there is nothing the rep can do, so the rep can be losing money all year when it isn't their fault.

Advice to Management

Higher pay structures.

Sage Products2015-09-21
  4. "It was a good company, but unique in the fact that is it small and feels like "family""

Sales Representative in Cary, IL

I worked at Sage Products

Pros

small company nice compensation strong clinical support

Cons

Female unfriendly very political Products becoming outdated pricing is high not competitive

Advice to Management

Keep the small family corporate culture

Sage Products2010-12-21
  5. "Sage was a wonderful place to work."

Sales Representative in

I worked at Sage Products

Pros

They encouraged work and personal life balance and the culture was amazing

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement as certain employees were fast tracked while others never had an opportunity.

Sage Products2011-03-24