Sage Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sage CEO Stephen Kelly
Stephen Kelly

Pros
  • Growing company with great work life balance (in 65 reviews)

• Good benefits and rewards from the company (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • It's sad when upper management tells you if you don't like it find another job (in 51 reviews)

• New senior management could give a damn about people (in 21 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Former Intern - Front End Development Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Front End Development Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Sage as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, very friendly and a nice place to work as a woman. They make you feel like part of the team. Lots of opportunity to pitch your own project and have mentorship.

Cons

Still building out their Product and laying out foundation not much room for junior engineers (barely a con)

Advice to Management

Keep changing the way we interact with nutrition data.

"So far so good!"

Current Employee - Learing Progrm Onwer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Learing Progrm Onwer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sage is a global company, who's mission is to support entrepreneurs, small and medium sized business run their business efficiently - this is very exciting to me. The offices are beautiful and well laid out, the people are friendly, the onboarding process was wonderful, and after only a short time I feel that I belong here. The benefits are comparable to other companies this size.

Cons

For a global company there are too many regional silos, looing forward to helping the company close that gap and have central functions.

Advice to Management

Help us transition through the various regional efforts so that we can truly be a global company with centralized offerings where that makes sense. Look at this from the eyes of the customers, their experiences with us should be consistent without a regional look and feel. One Sage.

Mar 6, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking time to write your review about Sage. It's great you're very excited about our mission to support the business builders of the world. We have (and still are) investing in our ... More

3. "Great place"

I worked at Sage full-time

Pros

Great place and great people

Cons

Lack of communication and scheduling

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Mar 6, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review and yes, Sage and its people are awesome! We are listening to colleagues about communication hence the Sage Live TV broadcasts. I'd be interested to learn more about how you ... More

"Lack of Integrity and Leadership..."

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sage has a good customer base in Europe and Canada. The concept of what the company does and stands for is impressive. I just wish the integrity and experience level of the leaders was actually what they project to the world.

Cons

When I started at this company I had high hopes. I quickly learned that the things you are told when you are hired are simply false. The way this company is structured and managed is a nightmare. Currently, the managers and VPs are almost manic about meeting obscene goals and unrealistic expectations. The employees get no encouragement only extreme pressure and condescending attitudes. So many of us dread walking through these doors not knowing how we are going to be berated for the day either in person or by email. The leadership seems to separate themselves from staff as if they don't need us to be successful but don't hold back when there is something to blame us for. How many products are decided on by upper management and then when they are a failure #SageLive they blame everyone who put in the hard work of creating what was asked for with lousy technology and poor marketing resources? There are a lot people looking for a way out and there will probably be a revolving door for a while unless big changes are made starting with the VPs.

Advice to Management

It would be great if someone spent the same amount of time reviewing the qualifications of the VPs and the managers as they do on the nice offices and Sage Foundation. We will continue to struggle to produce and sell new products if our leadership team has no real experience with the cloud and refuse to listen to those underneath them who have ideas and suggestions. As Sage leaders drive out talented employees because of their own insecurities and ignorance someone else should be asking is this the best thing for Sage? No amount of tweeting is going to help the poor structure and management style that is the real Sage. The products released will continue to prove that.

"Sr, PAyroll Admin"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

I have been working at Sage 3 months. I can say that it is a great company to work for! I'm in the payroll team. They all are very helpful. It is a great team environment which I was looking for. Thank you Sage!

Cons

There is nothing negative about at Sage that I can criticize. I heard good things about the company before I accept the job offer. I'm glad I decide to work at Sage.

Advice to Management

Thank you for great work!

Feb 7, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your experience of life here at Sage - and welcome! It's great to hear you are loving your role and you have a fabulous team and environment in Reston. Thanks ... More

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Sage (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, positive leadership, company heading in right direction.

Cons

I cannot think of any negative aspects at Sage.

Jan 9, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review - we agree with you that the people at Sage are amazing and our future looks exciting. We love possibilities, not limits. Our people are key to us and we find inspiration ... More

8. "Support world"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment and people. CEO has a clear direction and ensures the ELT expresses that direction to their direct reports.

Cons

need to have mroe career development type programs to offer to colleagues

Jan 9, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review and I agree the people and our environment here at Sage are great. Yes, Stephen Kelly, our CEO, has laid out where we are going and what we need to do to get there. Thanks ... More

9. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sparta, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Sparta, MI

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A very friendly place to work

Cons

None that I can think of right now

Jan 9, 2017 – Group Employer Brand Manager

It's fantastic you think our greatest asset is your number one Pro - i.e. our people! They truly are awesome. Thanks for your review.

10. "Aged Rating from 2012"

Former Employee - Legal Department in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Department in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At the time - great management mix

Cons

Too many changes to product marketing

11. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-Life balance and Philanthropy are high priorities through the Sage Foundation. The executives are approachable.

Cons

I don't have any issues.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.