SageGlass Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2020

4.8
SageGlass CEO Alan McLenaghan (no image)
Alan McLenaghan
Pros
  • "I have been lucky to work for SageGlass for 3(in 21 reviews)

• "Also being able to leverage Saint-Gobain is a big plus(in 19 reviews)

Cons

"Fantastic company that puts people first!"

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This company has given me a lot of opportunities for career growth and training. I've worked for SAGE for many years, and expect to be with them for many more!

Cons

Sometimes there are difficulties working for a large corporation. New policies and changes can be difficult to swallow sometimes, but that's probably just because I don't do well with change.

Continue reading

"Great company who cares about employees and customers"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rewarding job with nice benefits, great products and people first culture

Cons

None that I can think of

April 27, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

I am glad that as a remote Team Member, you can feel and experience the culture as well. Stay healthy amid the crisis. If we lead well through the crisis, keeping people safe, healthy AND working, we come through engaged for the expanded opportunities in the recovery. That seems to require adjustment every day, but we are flexing well amid the storm.

3. COVID-19

"Sageglass is already in a place that many companies strive to be in"

Current Employee - Purchasing in Faribault, MN

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined SageGlass amidst a pandemic and I have been astounded by how supportive my team and management have been. They say it takes a village to create a stellar corporate culture and work environment. Well guess what- SageGlass IS that village! The best part about being a Sage Employee is that you are put first and your voice is heard. Always. The CEO and executives are approachable, available and committed to their mission of creating a game changing product and a warm and friendly work culture. Passion beams out of every employee I have interacted with. When you work for Sage, you wake up with purpose every single day. A lot of people might have concerns about the location. Faribault is a humble 46 miles from the MSP Airport and Rice county is a great place to live in. There is plenty of “Minnesota Nice” and more. I take pride in being part of this company and hope to see myself growing here in the long term.

Cons

I see no cons and have nothing but gratitude for this place

April 27, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thank you for your kind words. You know, we have on-boarded a number of people during the COVID-19 crisis, and it is anything but a normal situation. I think it reflects well on you too- you have flexed with the difficulty and been part of making a very "non-standard" onboarding work. This Can-Do will serve you well in your career. Welcome to SAGE!

4. COVID-19

""People Come First""

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with SageGlass for nearly 6 years and the reason I stay is because they practice what they preach...now more than ever. Their guiding principle is "People Come First", and it's clear during this time of crisis, this is the case. The COVID-19 Pandemic has created more uncertainty and fear than most of us have ever experienced. SageGlass is taking care of their people, creating the safest working environment possible and communicating openly and often. I've never been more proud to work for an organization.

Cons

No negatives today, focusing on the positive!

April 27, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for your review. I would note that it has been a challenging time, during COVID-19 to be in Human Resources - because the "Human Resource" is being challenged by the crisis every day, and there are many questions, many communications, and unique problems to solve. You folks have flexed extremely well to serve the team during the crisis. Well done!

5. COVID-19

"Calm & Enlightening During COVID-19"

Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Faribault, MN

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People come first. We are One Team. Our management team has gone above and beyond to help all of the people at SageGlass during this COVID-19 pandemic. Our CEO gives us daily updates, offers suggestions on things we should and shouldn't be doing. He gives us things to laugh about, as they say, laughter is the best medicine. He has listened to everyone's concerns. The flexibility our CEO and management team has been able to provide us during this time shows that they do care about our One Team. Thank You for helping our One Team during this time. It is greatly appreciated by many of us!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about SageGlass.

April 6, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for your review, and yes - we'll keep on communicating thru this crisis. I'm proud of how the whole organization has risen to the challenges brought on by COVID-19. Not just the professionalism, but more so the compassion people are showing and ACTING on. Very cool to see.

6. COVID-19

"Caring for its people during COVID crisis"

5.0

I have been working at SageGlass full-time

Pros

The COVID-19 crisis is challenging for every employer, but SageGlass and Saint-Gobain are handling it very well. There has been frequent communication from senior leadership, not just on decisions but on the deliberative process leading to decisions. This helps add context and show people that difficult decisions are not made lightly. In addition, while everyone is being asked to sacrifice, the level of sacrifice has been greatest for those further up the chain. The company is demonstrating it truly cares for its people, and its customers, in both its policies and guidance to its people.

Cons

Every employer has room for improvement, but in this review I am focusing only on COVID issues. In this regard, I do not have any Cons to list.

April 6, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for your review. I would encourage you to share your cons, though, so we can improve. You bring out an interesting aspect in how we as leaders are approaching communication during the crisis. There is so much going on, and things are changing so rapidly, that whatever we communicate is obsolete by the next sunrise. By sharing about the process of decision making, and the CORE VALUES we are deliberating from, the entire organization can understand the frame work of our leadership approach, and that consistent framework survives the changing circumstances. Many companies are twisting in the wind. Our team continues to work from a solid, sturdy frame work. Builds understanding. Keeps everyone focused on working through this as opposed to reacting to the next headline.

7. COVID-19

"Calm, decisive, caring in a crisis"

Current Employee - Associate Human Resources Business Partner in Faribault, MN

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The way that SageGlass senior leadership and team members throughout the organization are showing up for one another and the business during the COVID-19 crisis is incredible. The level of transparency, compassion, and real-time communication from our leadership team is reassuring and inspiring. Team members across the organization have offered to help each other with childcare needs, financial stress, and access to groceries, paper products, and other necessities. This crisis is bringing out the best in us. This is who we are. We are ONE Team.

Cons

Nothing that seems worth noting right now.

April 6, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for paying it forward. It has been really cool to see people lending a hand. Amazed how many people responded to the call to sew fabric masks. My wife just finished mask 166 last night and has shared patterns with quite a few SAGE team members. And the TP exchange! Heh, when you need TP, you need TP... (Nice of you to say "paper products") All of these various efforts IS bringing out the best in us.

8. COVID-19

"One of the BEST companies that I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Clerk in Faribault, MN

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is one saying at SageGlass "We are a ONE team" and they truly mean it! I feel really blessed to be working for them, especially now when we are facing a pandemic. A lot of us are confused and worried about what the future holds for us, but Saint Gobain alongside SageGlass keep the communication current and helps relieve some tensions. They are really true to what they say about one for the values, People comes first! They really do care about the wellbeing of all employees and their families! Alan is really a great CEO alongside all of the SLT members!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say!

April 6, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

People do come first! A lot of companies have it wrong, saying the customer comes first. But if you really want your customers to have AMAZING EXPERIENCES with your product and service, then you need to put your own people first. A well cared for, supported, highly motivated team nails it when taking care of customers. And how do you weather crisis? Well, if you're practiced at caring for your people, the situation changes, but what you do is well-rehearsed. You just keep doing it.

9. COVID-19

"Awesome Company & Great work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Faribault, MN

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People first, always. Amazing product. ONE Team! The senior leadership is doing their best amidst the COVID crisis to keep team members safe and this truly shows the heart of the company.

Cons

There are growing pains but that is to be expected with a startup. And as they say no gain without pain.

April 6, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for your review. Yes, always some growing pains - and some fresh pain with COVID-19! If a company HAS core values, and ACTS on its core values daily, then when crisis hits, those SAME CORE VALUES help us as leaders make consistent, principled decisions.

10. COVID-19

"Lucky to work for a caring company!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SageGlass full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company really shines when everything around them is in crisis. I have been lucky to work for SageGlass for 3.5 years now and am proud to see how they are handling the COVID-19 response internally. Our management has been very transparent and employee focused during this entire crisis. I am lucky to be an employee of Saint-Gobain and SageGlass!

Cons

At this time, I do not have any thing negative to say.

April 6, 2020Vice President - General Administration & HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are certainly navigating through a challenging time, and every day brings new challenges. I am very pleased with how the SAGE Team has responded to the crisis, and our collective flexibility and care for each other will see us through.

Found 94 reviews