SagePoint Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey M. Auld

1. "Great BD"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SagePoint Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Wealth Management Platform, plenty of back-office support, forward thinking with some great tech platforms,

Cons

Not a flashy brand, It's really up to each FA to create his own brand and sometimes explaining the whole BD concept to client is cumbersome, since you already market your own brand.

Advice to Management

have more sales training workshops, seminars, educational opportunities

2. "Don't be mislead by previous reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sarasota, FL

Pros

SagePoint is the best place I have ever worked. I'm quite confused by the negative existing reviews because they are completely misleading. Everyone is friendly and encouraging, and they treat you like a person while motivating the heck out of you. Yes you have to work hard- IT IS A CAREER, and that's what you do.

Cons

I have none. Everyone here is great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and thank you.

"Old School Brokerage Firm"

Former Employee - Broker in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Broker in Richmond, VA

Pros

Fast paced and challenging job if that's what you are looking for, and the potential to make a lot of money if you can develop sales skills. Established brokers are pretty much free to do what they want as long as quotas are being met.

Cons

Work/Life balance sucks when you start as the job is 100% commission and new people are pushed very hard so there is almost no free time and incredibly long hours.

Advice to Management

Office is a bit stuck in the past and needs to adapt to modern technology a bit more.

5. "Mislead, used as an expendable lead generator and little else."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at SagePoint Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Occasionally decent camaraderie, generally built through a common feeling of discouragement.

Cons

Immediately expected to make over 200 cold calls/day. Everyone in group is expected to source own leads, leading to great overlap. Management gives little to no information on actual Mutual Funds you're selling instead telling you to "focus on the script". High turnover is expected and instead of working towards developing you they start training the next group who will replace you while you're still there. Once a coworker leaves management takes all promising leads and splits amongst eachother, essentially having used you as a lead generator over a few months so they can cherry pick.

6. "I am a current employee at SagePoint, i think it is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SagePoint Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits at SagePoint are very good, with PTO and a matching 401k.
    The people at SagePoint are very friendly and easy to work with.
    There is flexibility at SagePoint, with some opportunities for work at home and flex hours.
    The location in Phoenix is convenient and the building has just been upgraded.

Cons

As with any job, there are challenges, but those can be easily overcome.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees and stay visable in the office.

"Long-time Employee at SagePoint Financial is Looking for Greener Pastures"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SagePoint Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO/vacation time (24 days for new employees). Flexible hours. Central Phoenix location.

Cons

Reorganization has left most employees overworked with less upward mobility. A big company with highly defined jobs give you the feeling that you are working on an assembly line with little variety, no outlet for creativity, and feeling very under-utilized mentally. No pay raises company- wide for past two years has left many employees demotivated. The combination of these things has lead to dissatisfaction. High turnover increases the workload for those remaining and further burdens and demotivates. The good points are that vacation time (PTO) is generous and many managers offer flextime and working from home occasionally. Still, I've been here for years, 'cause I hate job-hunting. Further, it irks me that newly hired employees now get almost the same number of PTO days, with the company's new plan, after I worked many years to achieve the number of days I have, which is only a few days more.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and reward a job well-done.

8. "Financial Advisor"

I have been working at SagePoint Financial full-time

Pros

the have very good broker services

Cons

not a good for for retail

9. "Do not work for them"

I have been working at SagePoint Financial full-time

Pros

Great vacation benefits lots of PTO I assume so you have many mental health days. (Which you will need)

Cons

Management for the most part is incompetent on how to run a department. The independent advisors are left unchecked and will be the most incompetent and rude people you will ever talk to. If you are looking to advance in the industry they will not help. They will keep you where you are as long as you can with lower pay compared to other companies from what I have heard.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. Establish clear and unified procedures for everything and training programs for everyone including financial advisors.

"Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at SagePoint Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees were friendly

Cons

Misled employees and not invested in them. 11 hours of cold calls and you find your own directories

"Mislead before started work- be careful"

Pros

-The people I worked with were mostly friendly and encouraging

Cons

As an "investment adviser" you;
    -Have to find numbers of people at their place of businesses yourself
    -Work 60+ hours a week on commission (you aren't getting paid for at least the first two months)
    -No knowledge of mutual funds you are selling. You are supposed to be very pushy without even knowing about the funds.
    -I was mislead about the job details before I started working there. I thought I would be mentored by a senior adviser, but instead I was immediately put on the phone and expected to make cold calls all day.

Advice to Management

Well... their management style suits them. High turnover to generate leads...