Sagence Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Bruce Quade

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The sharpest people I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sagence full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Incredible number of IQ points throughout the firm, more so than any place I've worked
    - Opportunity for employees of any level to be part of entire project lifecycle, from sales through strategy and execution
    - Unique, varied projects across industries and disciplines, which is not something one can expect at larger firms
    - Partnership has significant entrepreneurial experience; opportunity to learn not only about consulting, but about building and growing businesses
    - Work environment encourages success through collaboration as opposed to negative competition

Cons

We can get a little heavy on the financial services side, though I've had the good fortune to be part of interesting projects in multiple industries.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an open mind to the type of work we do. This is a great place to propel your career, especially due to the variety of experiences we get as a small, nimble company.

2. "Here for the Long Haul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sagence full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, passionate, and most importantly NICE people. So refreshing to work in an environment where everyone supports one another. While we're a competitive bunch, I think most of us are innately kind and recognize we will be most successful as a team and as a firm when we provide constant support to our co-workers and are open to learning from one another. It's a fast-paced, often intense environment as we are doing high priority work for high-caliber clients, so it's not for the weak. Access to Partners and Sr. Management is nothing like I've ever seen before. It's not unusual for a Partner or Principal to be sitting in a cube next to you or working across the desk from you. Be prepared to work hard and contribute, but also expect to do interesting work alongside really cool people.

Cons

It's a small, young firm so while many things happen quickly without a lot of red tape, other things can be slow to happen - just normal growing pains I guess.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing and keep us informed along the way.

3. "Associate"

Pros

Small secure company that cares about it's employees careers. Much greater personal growth opportunities compared to big firms. Amazing teams to work with. Highly intelligent employees with a combination on technical and business skills.

Cons

Much of the work is clustered in a couple industries, though the scope is expanding.

4. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people of Sagence are high caliber, engaged, and friendly. I feel fortunate to be a part of this group. Sagence employees are the kind of people that will stimulate you intellectually and are a blast to hang out with after hours.

Furthermore, the work is interesting and you get to work with an impressive array of clients.

Cons

I enjoy the aspects of working for a small firm, but it's not for everyone. There are times elements of inconsistent structure within the firm that feels like a product of a firm growing quickly. The upside of this, there is always work to be done and opportunities to make your mark.

Advice to Management

Continue to build out the base of junior staff, keep up the trend of firm gatherings and communications.

5. "A great place to work!"

Pros

Simply put…a great place to work. The people that make up this firm are exceptional. They are incredibly intelligent, hard-working and friendly. The work that comes out of Sagence is incomparable.
    The Senior Management is always approachable. They genuinely care about the happiness and success of each individual and every employee is appreciated.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep connecting with employees. Continue with the great company updates, meetings and events.

6. "Talented People, Amazing Culture - Ecosystem for Success!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Constantly learning - having the opportunity to work with individuals who have a strong work ethic, intellectual thirst, and deep skills in Data Strategy, Management, & Analytics who are Pioneering Innovative Data Strategies.

I was working for a larger Management Consulting Firm with a massive global presence where I was one of 350,000 employees - I came to Sagence to make an impact that would be recognized.
    I am helping to build an environment where everyone is an active participant in shaping the future of the firm.

There is a solid Management Consulting framework for stability, with a size/focus that doesn't limit creative progress.

I have actually met every employee that works here! Amazingly talented, very bright people who are very smart yet humble. A "willingness to learn and collaborate well with others" is a common and expected trait for all employees at every level.

The culture is very open we share information across all levels - diverse, creative, genuine, flexible, hands-on and passionate people.

In my time with Sagence every person I've worked with has been very real, down-to-earth, and approachable. Very easy to communicate directly to the CEO, Founders and Partners who are all deeply involved in the client work on a daily basis.

Real people, solving real problems - with a "high-performance" open culture.
    This is an ecosystem for success!

Cons

None at this time - too many good things to list.

7. "Great group of people, challenging work, limited transparency"

I have been working at Sagence full-time

Pros

The people who work here are extremely intelligent and friendly people - I've really never run into someone that I wouldn't want to work with again.

The work that we're doing is generally cutting edge, interesting, and challenging.

There are many opportunities to contribute internally on things like recruiting, marketing and sales - where you can have a meaningful impact even as a junior person.

Excellent performance is recognized and compensated.

Cons

Firm leadership is often secretive about firm performance, and could do more to be transparent. Presentations about strategy and outlook seem to be given grudgingly, if at all. CEO does little to inspire.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about firm performance, equity, and strategic direction.

8. "Manager"

Pros

Awesome place to work. Great company and Senior Leadership.

Cons

Make sure you want to work in Financial Services at least part of the time.

Advice to Management

none.

9. "Great work environment!"

I have been working at Sagence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sagence is a great place to work! We are a fairly new company, so it’s really rewarding to help shape the organization’s internal infrastructure and culture. The people at Sagence are wonderful – very smart, hard-working, friendly, and genuine. It’s not unusual to unwind from the work week with an impromptu happy hour with colleagues/executives. Sagence is very team-orientated, you never feel like you are competing with one another and they help you succeed here. The benefits are great, very generous PTO policy and medical benefits! Overall, Sagence is a great environment and I’m very happy I made the move!

Cons

Growing pains of a young company, things can change quickly. You might think your day is going to go one way and then something comes up and you have to completely switch gears. I don’t mind because it keeps things exciting and interesting. Depending on your personality it can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

We do have an office in Chicago, but for the most part we are a virtual company. It does take some getting used to, especially if the consulting environment is new for you. My advice to management would be to continue the firm communications, company-wide meetings, training sessions, and outings as they are great way to stay connected to each other.

10. "Sagence's Differentiator: Culture"

I have been working at Sagence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the management consulting industry, it is easy to find yourself a small fish in a large pond. Many consulting firms preach opportunity and access to upper-management, but in reality, your opportunities are few and your access is limited. At Sagence, your voice is heard and not only do you have access to upper-management, you will very regularly work directly with Sagence founders at client engagements or on proposal work. Sagence maintains a very flat hierarchy and open culture. You will work with some of the best minds in the data management and data analytics space. Your peers will be very entrepreneurial, sharp, and motivated. Sagence's client list, while focused on the financial services and health care industries, is regularly growing to include other industries. Overall, I will continue to recommend Sagence to all my peers.

Cons

As at most management consulting firms, some client engagements will require long(er) hours. However, Sagence management recognizes work-life balance and focuses on ensuring that all employees are not overburdened by work requirements.

Advice to Management

Ensure the business continues to diversify its client base. Continue to prioritize strategic over implementation engagements.