Sagent Management Reviews in Milpitas, CA | Glassdoor

Updated January 24, 2017

Milpitas, CA

1.5
Leo Yen

"Nice people. but unchallenging."

Former Employee - Associate in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Sagent Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catered lunches on friday, work independence, medical/dental, pretty laid-back

Cons

won't really learn much, hard to move up, president has these mood-swings where he'll love you one day then hate you the next.

Advice to Management

hire better talent, offer a more competitive salary, give more responsibility to workers.

"You've Been Warned"

I worked at Sagent Management full-time

Pros

-Catered lunch on Fridays.
    -Twice a year, the company hosts an event which is support to be a bonding activity such as laser tag or cooking class. It's a nice gesture and an enjoyable one if you like your team.

Cons

-Hostile/Toxic work environment.
    -Lack of respect from leadership.
    -Low salary, expect minimum wage when starting at associate level.
    -Lack of formal training and the expectation that you'll pick things up right away.
    -Lack of professional development opportunities.
    -No support from managers.
    -Managers don't or can't bring staff level issues to leadership to make changes.
    -Expects consistent overtime to meet deadlines, even on weekends.
    -Appears to be favoritism to certain departments/staff members.
    -Continuous revolving door of employees.
    -Associates not expected to stay more than 2 years at a time, the company considers themselves a stepping stone and therefore does not invest in employees.
    -Open floor plan office but expected to be relatively silent (even during lunch breaks) to not disturb others.
    -Leadership may literally yell at you in front of others for issues that do not call for this level of reaction.

-Personal Experience: On my last day, I was just about to log off for the last time when a manager from a different department calls me with a request for information. I inform them that it's my last day, I was just about to shut down (it was already past my end time), and that I transferred the information to my team who should be more than qualified to assist him. The manager becomes irritated and angry at me until I look up the information for them. Once the requested information was received, they did not say thank you and curtly hung up on me.

Advice to Management

-Have your managers actually train and develop their staff members.
    -A work environment that is "sink or swim" without proper training will not become a positive place to work.
    -Respect your managers and staff and have two-sided conversations, talking down to people will not make the company grow.

"Worse company EVER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Sagent Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great and nice fellow workers. Free lunch on Fridays. No set schedule when to come in as long as you're in by 10:30AM.

Cons

Inadequate training. No structure or organization in work processes The accounting managers and CEO are located in another room that is separate from the team. No culture and horrible morale. Accounting associates on average work 13 hours a day and 8 hours on the weekends w/o getting paid OT. Salary does not compensate for how much you have to work. No backup. High employee turnovers. Everyone looks stressed and miserable.

Advice to Management

Mold and train employees so they can grow. Don't put out impossible expectations if you're not willing to motivate and properly train people. Lead and learn how to have interpersonal skills and maybe you will have people actually stay and not leave the company.

"It was okay"

Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Milpitas, CA

Pros

Relaxed environment. Everyone is pretty laid back.

Cons

Inadequate training. You are expected to be able to do the job without proper training.

Advice to Management

More communication between management and staff