Sageworks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Sageworks CEO Scott Ogle
Scott Ogle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility, independence, strong entrepreneurial atmosphere in product development, dogs are fun, casual dress, office friendships seemed nice (in 15 reviews)

• I've been at Sageworks for half a decade; the company has always had very good products and super smart people working here (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be hard to manage at times, could be high-stress around quarter changes and ends of the month (in 19 reviews)

• It is a fast-paced environment which is not for everyone, but is something can be adjusted to (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Sageworks full-time

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and willing to help, access to executives, challenging work, growing quickly and adding new products, very customer-centric.

Cons

None that I've found yet. I enjoy my work.

Advice to Management

The focus on providing the best service for both customers and employees is coming through. Keep it up.

2. "Excellent company for recent grads"

I worked at Sageworks full-time

Pros

Thrown into the fire
    Learn to be self-sufficient
    Jump starts your career

This is a place for high flyers only. If you can't handle the heat, you will most likely burn out or be fired. That being said, no company was more instrumental to my initial growth than Sageworks. If you want to be successful in your career, this is an excellent starting point.

Cons

Long hours
    Little direction
    Almost no room for advancement without creating new departments/teams

"Run Far and Run Fast"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Sageworks (More than a year)

Pros

Because you are all tied together in a sinking ship, you meet some really great people and bond quickly.

Cons

Goals that are not attainable, management that has so long ago checked out of their own product that they can no longer relate to anything about the needs of their employees, lack of professionalism from the top down, "Boy's Club" mentality, homophobia, sexism, and prejudice.

Advice to Management

Lock the doors.

4. "Program Manager"

I have been working at Sageworks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love the work and the people

Cons

None. It's a great organization

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

5. "Sageworks Review"

I have been working at Sageworks full-time

Pros

Fast-growing company that is still prioritizing the customer service and product improvements that got it there
    Relatively flat organization with a encouragement to jump in and own anything you see that can be improved, regardless of how long you've been here or your title
    Great pay with increasing leadership opportunities due to the high growth and addition of new employees and roles
    Dog friendly and casual dress

Cons

Need to increase office space for new employees and more meeting rooms
    Improvement is needed in communication of the product road map to employees outside of the technology area

Advice to Management

Don't create extra process just because you are growing. They've done a good job at this but it should be often repeated. Improve the structure where it is needed but don't add too many hoops to jump through or barriers to progress

6. "Last two years have seen the company mature significantly"

Pros

I've been at Sageworks for half a decade; the company has always had very good products and super smart people working here. But I wanted to highlight here the significant positive changes that have occurred over the past 12-24 months: more flexibility on schedule for employees, improved benefits, and building new teams to better serve the rapidly growing number of customers. I think the last two years have seen the company mature significantly.

Cons

Growing fast is a good thing. Building new teams and hiring more staff is a good thing. But make sure that the barrier for entry remains difficult. Sageworks has done a good job with this up to this point, but it will be more and more difficult as the company gets bigger.

Advice to Management

See above.

7. "Happy to be here"

I have been working at Sageworks full-time

Pros

Great growth, significant amount of responsibility even for junior employees, opportunities for advancement, smart people who care, learning a lot

Cons

You'll work hard and have defined expectations

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on--there is a lot of additional potential in the bank market.

8. "Fast Growing and Successful Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sageworks full-time

Pros

If you have the ability and drive you can move up quickly.
    If you are a true sales professional you can make a good income and be proud of what you are selling.
    Company has been working hard to improve life / work balance and this is paying off.

Cons

The company used to have horrible turnover. New leadership in the area of sales has greatly diminished this and very professional sales team. But the reputation lingers with some that live in Raleigh.
    Even thought it is not a start up it still has start up tendencies. This can make the company see disorganized at time.

Advice to Management

Continue working with employees to make sure they have solid work/life balance. Make sure that all employees get their fair share of success that they have worked hard for.

9. "Love the people I work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sageworks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very smart and very hard working people. Great products and focus on service to clients. Loyal clients. Profitable and stable.

Cons

Lots of processes are now being put in place as we have gotten bigger. I know it is necessary now that we are bigger but it makes us a bit slower than we used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep the core principles top of mind for everyone.

"Terrible Work Environment"

I worked at Sageworks full-time

Pros

None - Had to type 5 words to submit

Cons

Very immature company that acts like a start-up even though they've been around since 1998. Terrible work environment. No work/life balance. An employee will be very well liked and the minute they quit the response is, "They just didn't fit into our culture." Well frankly, no one with a soul fits into your culture. One of their core values is "unreasonableness." No joke.

Advice to Management

Let someone else run this company before you run it into the ground