Saggezza Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Arvind Kapur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work life balance is great - Depend upon team" (in 10 reviews)

• "Accessibility to the Leadership team with their "Open Door Policy"" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "If devoting 18 hours out of 24 hours to work for Saggezza can be categorised as a balanced work - life, then yes great level of work - life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "They will deploy you at client location and let client treat you anyway" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Exciting Times at Saggezza!"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Saggezza provides individuals with a platform to build and grow their career. They tout themselves as being a company of "entrepreneurs" - which translates to everyone being charged to expand the Saggezza brand independently in their own functional role. The company culture attracts those individuals who are looking to pave their own way with the support of a global wide team. A great opportunity for those looking to institute their ideas as it relates to technology consulting. Also, an exciting time to join a company who is making a concerted effort to grow and expand. Lot's of big name clients here!

Cons

Saggezza recently went through a significant period of change, having sold their software product to Cisco. The company is now focused on delivering their technology consulting services and is experiencing a shift in operations. I do not see this as a con, but for those considering Saggezza as an employer to be aware of this as they move to reposition the brand. A very exciting time to join!

Advice to Management

Great job of steering the ship!

2. "Limitless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is one of constant improvement, and very entrepreneurial. If you are a go-getter, the opportunities are limitless. If you just want to show up and fog a mirror, best to keep moving.
    They leave you to do your job, and be responsible for yourself.
    Great vacation policy, with roughly 4 weeks as pretty standard for new employees.

Cons

Have to travel to client sites.

Advice to Management

Make sure people understand how much opportunity they actually have. Keep letting people be responsible and not micro-managing anyone. Keep fostering an entrepreneurial environment.

3. "Need to mature"

Former Employee - IT Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is trying to mature. Attempting to put in place the proper structure and processes, such as a proper performance review, training, etc.

Cons

They cling to open source, and immature applications and processes. In addition, they tend to promote and celebrate success of team members who in reality have failed to perform, but have provided excuses. Hire and promote a particular ethnicity in upper management positions.

Advice to Management

Invest in mature and proven processes, applications and people. Hold people accountable and try to be more diverse in your choice of upper management positions. Invest in proper education and training. Practice what you preach to customers.

4. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tech consulting company based in Chicago, IL

Cons

Horrible company. Don’t be fooled but the positive reviews on here. They are all fake reviews. Top management sucks. Don’t even think about it if you have any self respect!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself you and your company suck

"NA"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Some of the work is interesting

Cons

Not a true consulting shop, high turnover rate, no training, disorganized, no direction

Aug 21, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we value your feedback. Training and retention are among the areas we are focusing on as Saggezza continues to grow and expand. If you have any... More

6. "Great Company with a lot of room for personal growth"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunities if you prove you're capable. Management team is open to suggestions and feedback. Great hours and work-life balance. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Cons

No complaints, great company to work for

Aug 21, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you're having a great experience at Saggezza. If you have any additional feedback, please don't... More

7. "Many Learning Opportunities & Wonderful Coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have learnt so much in my time here, and I really appreciate all the opportunities given by upper management to learn new skills. I've been impressed by the amount of time by the CEO and COO to speak to me and tell me stories about their successes and failures. Access to the top leadership team is also a very nice unique thing (at least at Chicago HQ). My coworkers are awesome and help make the day go by quickly and smoothly. Our office coordinator does a great job of having events/little treats weekly. Whether its happy hour, volunteer days, or celebrating national picnic day, there's ample opportunity to socialize and have fun in the day. M time here has been awesome so far.

Cons

The day can get a little chaotic with the ins and outs of the consulting business. We have also been hiring like crazy so it's hard to know everyone in the office now, which was really nice before.

Sep 18, 2018 – HR Manager

It's wonderful to hear you've had many learning opportunities here and are enjoying your time at Saggezza! As you said, we are growing rapidly and as we do that, we are trying to find creative ways... More

"Horrible!!! Do not believe the fake 5 star reviews!!"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

None at all! Run fast!!!

Cons

Read all the other bad reviews they are true.

Advice to Management

Read the bad reviews, pay attention to what is happening!

9. "I had no idea how much I would learn"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

I worked alongside two amazing technical leaders (one technical coach from a client project and the other the VP) who had very strong attitudes on professional software development and technology. I had a lot of technical experience already and was comfortable with my skills, but they challenged me a lot and I learned a lot of new things that have completely transformed how I will work with my teams and clients.

Cons

There is a lot of great ability in Saggezza but it is hard to find. People are disconnected, a lot of little bubbles, and the best people are the busiest. Some good people are very hard to approach too. Not just me, several others had the same feedback. Client projects are very deep but not many clients to choose.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger positioning with technical mentorship and sales on expertise not on value or cost. Make the gauntlet harder and get rid of bad contributors faster.

10. "A whirlwind but big opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got a lot of c-level interaction, worked on interesting offering/corporate/client related materials, spent time with some of the smartest tech gurus I will likely ever come across. There are coworkers and managers I would happily work with again any day.

Cons

My role and what I was hired for weren’t really the same, and I had a lot of different bosses with very different expectations and styles. Hard to be sure each morning if it was either going to be awesome or maybe the worst day ever.

Advice to Management

Maximize what you are good at, rather than stretching people to where they break doing things that don’t make sense