Saggezza Reviews

Updated May 13, 2020

3.2
Saggezza CEO Arvind Kapur (no image)
Arvind Kapur
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes work life balance can be bad, with people working far more than what they are contracted to without a lot of support or help(in 9 reviews)

• "Not much as most of the time I was working in client location(in 7 reviews)

"Perfect environment for self-driven, passionate employees"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive leadership, no idea is too big or too small, great reputation with clients, surrounded by individuals with great work ethics

Cons

Development plans are unstructured, so if you are looking for a developed career plan then you will end up frustrated

Saggezza2019-09-20

"Pull back the curtain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want some good stories to tell, you'll get them here. It might be about what you are given to do in the ever-changing priorities, or about the funny interpersonal interactions, or any number of other things. There are good people here, smart people, too. Not a bad place to spend a year or two if you are trying to build up a profile for a higher-tier consulting agency

Cons

It's a strange place. Very few linchpin clients, desperate reaching for the next "big thing" only to be told that it doesn't matter at all any more once the big 2-3 clients give up on it. Practices come and go. Smart leaders don't stay long, because they get into too many fights with the execs, who are a club from several companies together. All activities seem to be done with the only goal of making a sinking ship more attractive to a buyer. Genuine reflection and question-asking is not rewarded, but yet the goal is to attract as many smart and inquisitive people as possible. Many people do a great job while still dealing with the stress of not knowing what next month will bring them, and despite an "open door" policy, you quickly learn which questions are "off limits" - severe head-in-the-sand mentality to bad news. A failed acquisition stretched things even tighter and many days it feels like the smallest thing could set off an avalanche. It's a very tense place, hard to feel comfortable, even when working on what should be pretty rewarding, cutting-edge stuff.

Saggezza2020-03-31
  3. "Great company just not for sales"

4.0
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

Pros

- the people were great - good location in the loop

Cons

it was a brand new sales position so there were some growing pains

Saggezza2020-02-17

"Great to be in management, not so much for anyone else - stay far away."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management level gets very well paid, and if you are in (i.e. you are a relation or friend of one of the C-Levels) you can do whatever you want and not be expected to really produce much of anything. Weekly and seasonal activities are usually well thought out and well planned, though there is not always a high level of employee engagement. I also enjoyed the actual work, even if it was made much more difficult by the management methodology.

Cons

Extreme variance of pay between people doing the same job on different projects - some are paid market value while some are far underpaid, especially those who are traveling to remote client sites. It seems like they pay less to those who travel in order to pass off the cost of the travel to the employees. The culture of the office is ghastly, outside of a couple of people who make it bearable. Very rarely is there a feeling of everyone being on the same page or even on the same team. Most of the truly talented employees either quit because they are not treated well, end up being fired because they don't get along with management or some other non performance based reason, or get burned out due to the terrible management. Communication is generally confusing at best; there is almost always a significant difference between communicated expectations and actual expectations. The CEO is essentially an alcoholic and gets sloppily drunk at nearly every employee event. Most of the upper level managers as well as some of the ground level employees are friends or family of the CEO or COO, many of which are clearly unqualified for their jobs or flat out uninterested in actually doing their jobs. Turnover rate is extremely high due to all of these factors, which creates issues with continuity and team cohesion. Most of their clients and projects are hanging by a thread and the owners (CEO and COO) are clearly just killing time until they sell the company. I could not recommend this company any less; it was a truly unfortunate experience working here.

Saggezza2019-10-29

November 11, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Saggezza. We are committed to providing our employees with a comfortable, transparent and nurturing environment where individual talents are recognized and passions are fulfilled. This company was founded and is led by longtime business partners who have been fortunate to leverage their own professional networks to bring this company to where it stands today. Due to their successful track records, it enabled them to attract the best and brightest talent in their fields. The 88% CEO approval rating on Glassdoor is a testament to our employees’ confidence in leadership. Saggezza ensures compensation is competitive and fair per routine market analysis. We value all comments and want to assure you that we take them seriously. Thank you for helping make Saggezza a great place to advance in the field of technology consulting. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact us directly at HR_US@saggezza.com.

5. "A fast growing company look for talented entrepreneur"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Saggezza is a fast-growing technology consulting company with a lot of opportunities. Saggezza attracts very bright people who want to deliver technical excellence. It is an amazing culture with everyone willing to help deliver what our clients need. A great company!

Cons

With any fast-paced successful company, there are growing pains while things are being defined.

Saggezza2019-04-12

"Great Entrepreneurial culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with engaged, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial management team. Company is hyper focused on growth and shares this enthusiasm by empowering all employees to network, think strategically and share ideas. Management team is helpful and provides the necessary support to help employees grow. This is evident in their team meetings, knowledge sharing, mentorship programs and company-wide events.

Cons

Most projects require travel (at least a few days per week) Typical challenges of a growing company such as lack established processes. The team has recognized this and put in place efforts to continuously develop and refine this aspect.

Saggezza2019-03-18

"Exciting Times at Saggezza!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Saggezza provides individuals with a platform to build and grow their career. They tout themselves as being a company of "entrepreneurs" - which translates to everyone being charged to expand the Saggezza brand independently in their own functional role. The company culture attracts those individuals who are looking to pave their own way with the support of a global wide team. A great opportunity for those looking to institute their ideas as it relates to technology consulting. Also, an exciting time to join a company who is making a concerted effort to grow and expand. Lot's of big name clients here!

Cons

Saggezza recently went through a significant period of change, having sold their software product to Cisco. The company is now focused on delivering their technology consulting services and is experiencing a shift in operations. I do not see this as a con, but for those considering Saggezza as an employer to be aware of this as they move to reposition the brand. A very exciting time to join!

Saggezza2018-10-24

"Limitless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The corporate culture is one of constant improvement, and very entrepreneurial. If you are a go-getter, the opportunities are limitless. If you just want to show up and fog a mirror, best to keep moving. They leave you to do your job, and be responsible for yourself. Great vacation policy, with roughly 4 weeks as pretty standard for new employees.

Cons

Have to travel to client sites.

Saggezza2018-10-15

"Need to mature"

2.0
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is trying to mature. Attempting to put in place the proper structure and processes, such as a proper performance review, training, etc.

Cons

They cling to open source, and immature applications and processes. In addition, they tend to promote and celebrate success of team members who in reality have failed to perform, but have provided excuses. Hire and promote a particular ethnicity in upper management positions.

Saggezza2018-10-23

January 22, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Saggezza. We are growing at a rapid rate, and have been attempting to improve overall employees' experience as we continue to expand. We are committed to providing our employees with a comfortable, transparent and nurturing environment where individual talents are recognized, and passions are fulfilled. We are always appreciative of when former talent shares their experience with Saggezza. We value all comments and want to assure you that we take them seriously. Thanks again for your feedback and for helping make Saggezza a great place to advance in the field of technology consulting.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tech consulting company based in Chicago, IL

Cons

Horrible company. Don’t be fooled but the positive reviews on here. They are all fake reviews. Top management sucks. Don’t even think about it if you have any self respect!

Saggezza2018-10-25

December 27, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize that you did not feel like you had a positive experience. We are committed to providing our employees with a comfortable, transparent and nurturing environment where individual talents are recognized, and passions are fulfilled. We would love to speak to you more to understand what we can do better!

Found 149 reviews