Saggezza Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Arvind Kapur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance is great - Depend upon team (in 11 reviews)

• Some good people with good intent (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Forget about work life balance, be will to turn into robot for their billing (in 4 reviews)

• Sit for the whole day and stare at monitor and leave the office late (in 3 reviews)

1. "People Are Key"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

I work at Saggezza full-time and I can honestly say I feel lucky to be working here. Aside from the great benefits, even for new emplyoees, the company has a friendly, fun and diverse culture. Going to work with people you enjoy every day is key to being happy at your place of employment. There are holiday parties, happy hours, people eating lunch as a team every day and bagels every Friday! Saggezza works to hire people that will add positively to the awesome culture that has been built and is still being built here.

Saggezza has open access to management, clients on multiple continents and offices in different countries. It is a tech company that has grown significantly in the past decade and is still growing. It challenges its employees with both internal and external projects, and it is awesome to be part of these teams.

Cons

None I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep utilizing new talent and their new ideas. They are the future of Saggezza and will be crucial parts of our continuous growth!

2. "Good place to work but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small consulting company - so you don't have the one-size fits all processes. They offer some opportunities to collaborate. You get out of it what you put in. If you want a rewarding career you have to put in the time and build relationships to do great things. If you have an interest in getting into a different field if there are opportunities there is some limited flexibility in getting you exposure to those positions. Great health/Dental benefits, generous PTO . After work opportunities to network both with colleagues and clients. Twice per year company sponsored events with Clients. Sponsors community events to teach kids the principals of coding - sponsors a coding club for kids at company locations.

Cons

If you have an idea for improvement you will receive limited managemenet support. W/o their supports new ideas of innovation die on the vine. No training and mentoring program. So any training you want to do make sure it's free or you will need to pay out of pocket. Account teams tend to protect their information - carry things 'close to the vest'- would like to see teams supporting one another. Limited or unclearly defined career path. Depending on the position remote work isn't offered. No bonus program offered

Advice to Management

Create an environment for collaboration and knowledge sharing. Be open and help contributing employees succeed to add new ideas for inovation- if someone has an idea of innovation not only listen but establish an environment to support inovation. It's one thing to confirm something is a good idea but w/o support of Mangaement the idea will never reach beyond that. Stop the 'who moved my cheese' mentaility and support your employees we can innovate into Saggezza 2.0. Roll out a training and mentoring program, allow for cross-training across accounts. Allow people interested in other positions they option to shaddow other consultants to try another career on for size. Offer remote work options for all of your team both billable and non-billable. Offer a bonus program to retain your talent.

3. "Don't fall for it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of a single pro, other than it's better than not having a job.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. The CEO (who has no business "running" a company) repeats inane quotes and is more interested in partying with his staff than actually working hard and growing and growing the business. I started looking for a new job week one of my employment here. People are treated like a product to make money, not like people. HR is a huge mess. Bills go unpaid. The list goes on and on.

Advice to Management

If you really want your company to survive or even be good enough to sell, go with an outside firm who knows how to actually run a business. You are incompetent. Sorry, but it's glaringly obvious.

"Business Develoment"

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people with good intent

Cons

Terrible leadership, management style and culture

5. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

More project options to choose from and opportunities for learning.

Cons

Poor Management and marketing. Lack of direction.

6. "Trainee Software Engineer"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Work life balance, approachable higher officials

Cons

No major salary bumps, Not too many employee perks

"Stuff culture"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Although professionalism is appreciated at some level in a corporate environment, Saggezza’s culture is too stiff for this day in age.

Cons

The Human Resources department doesn’t seem to have a sound understanding of employees’ work responsibilities leading to turnover. One cannot do work that is not there.

Advice to Management

Be sure to delegate reasonably in order to set employees up for success.

8. "Good company for learning"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Good Salary for experienced people

Cons

Less number of client available

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Build skills and move on"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Great place to build various skill sets working on different client projects

Cons

Career growth is very limited

10. "IT"

Pros

- great people for the most part
    - happy hours
    - decent work/life balance

Cons

- frequent shifts in company direction
    - pay lower than industry standard
    - indifference to abysmal employee morale