Saggezza Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities

3.5
Arvind Kapur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work life balance is great - Depend upon team" (in 12 reviews)

• "Accessibility to the Leadership team with their "Open Door Policy"" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "If devoting 18 hours out of 24 hours to work for Saggezza can be categorised as a balanced work - life, then yes great level of work - life balance" (in 5 reviews)

• "They mostly send you at their client location" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting Times at Saggezza!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Saggezza provides individuals with a platform to build and grow their career. They tout themselves as being a company of "entrepreneurs" - which translates to everyone being charged to expand the Saggezza brand independently in their own functional role. The company culture attracts those individuals who are looking to pave their own way with the support of a global wide team. A great opportunity for those looking to institute their ideas as it relates to technology consulting. Also, an exciting time to join a company who is making a concerted effort to grow and expand. Lot's of big name clients here!

Cons

Saggezza recently went through a significant period of change, having sold their software product to Cisco. The company is now focused on delivering their technology consulting services and is experiencing a shift in operations. I do not see this as a con, but for those considering Saggezza as an employer to be aware of this as they move to reposition the brand. A very exciting time to join!

Advice to Management

Great job of steering the ship!

2. "Great Entrepreneurial culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company with engaged, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial management team. Company is hyper focused on growth and shares this enthusiasm by empowering all employees to network, think strategically and share ideas. Management team is helpful and provides the necessary support to help employees grow. This is evident in their team meetings, knowledge sharing, mentorship programs and company-wide events.

Cons

Most projects require travel (at least a few days per week)

Typical challenges of a growing company such as lack established processes. The team has recognized this and put in place efforts to continuously develop and refine this aspect.

"Limitless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is one of constant improvement, and very entrepreneurial. If you are a go-getter, the opportunities are limitless. If you just want to show up and fog a mirror, best to keep moving.
    They leave you to do your job, and be responsible for yourself.
    Great vacation policy, with roughly 4 weeks as pretty standard for new employees.

Cons

Have to travel to client sites.

Advice to Management

Make sure people understand how much opportunity they actually have. Keep letting people be responsible and not micro-managing anyone. Keep fostering an entrepreneurial environment.

"Need to mature"

Former Employee - IT Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is trying to mature. Attempting to put in place the proper structure and processes, such as a proper performance review, training, etc.

Cons

They cling to open source, and immature applications and processes. In addition, they tend to promote and celebrate success of team members who in reality have failed to perform, but have provided excuses. Hire and promote a particular ethnicity in upper management positions.

Advice to Management

Invest in mature and proven processes, applications and people. Hold people accountable and try to be more diverse in your choice of upper management positions. Invest in proper education and training. Practice what you preach to customers.

Jan 22, 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Saggezza. We are growing at a rapid rate, and have been attempting to improve overall employees' experience as we continue to expand. We... More

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tech consulting company based in Chicago, IL

Cons

Horrible company. Don’t be fooled but the positive reviews on here. They are all fake reviews. Top management sucks. Don’t even think about it if you have any self respect!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself you and your company suck

Dec 27, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize that you did not feel like you had a positive experience. We are committed to providing our employees with a comfortable, transparent... More

6. "Many Learning Opportunities & Wonderful Coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have learnt so much in my time here, and I really appreciate all the opportunities given by upper management to learn new skills. I've been impressed by the amount of time by the CEO and COO to speak to me and tell me stories about their successes and failures. Access to the top leadership team is also a very nice unique thing (at least at Chicago HQ). My coworkers are awesome and help make the day go by quickly and smoothly. Our office coordinator does a great job of having events/little treats weekly. Whether its happy hour, volunteer days, or celebrating national picnic day, there's ample opportunity to socialize and have fun in the day. M time here has been awesome so far.

Cons

The day can get a little chaotic with the ins and outs of the consulting business. We have also been hiring like crazy so it's hard to know everyone in the office now, which was really nice before.

Sep 18, 2018 – HR Manager

It's wonderful to hear you've had many learning opportunities here and are enjoying your time at Saggezza! As you said, we are growing rapidly and as we do that, we are trying to find creative ways... More

7. "A whirlwind but big opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got a lot of c-level interaction, worked on interesting offering/corporate/client related materials, spent time with some of the smartest tech gurus I will likely ever come across. There are coworkers and managers I would happily work with again any day.

Cons

My role and what I was hired for weren’t really the same, and I had a lot of different bosses with very different expectations and styles. Hard to be sure each morning if it was either going to be awesome or maybe the worst day ever.

Advice to Management

Maximize what you are good at, rather than stretching people to where they break doing things that don’t make sense

"Analyst"

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good exposure to some interesting projects. Met really cool people.

Cons

Terrible leadership. No business model. Awful benefits, terrible pay. Avoid at all costs!

9. "Good place to work but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small consulting company - so you don't have the one-size fits all processes. They offer some opportunities to collaborate. You get out of it what you put in. If you want a rewarding career you have to put in the time and build relationships to do great things. If you have an interest in getting into a different field if there are opportunities there is some limited flexibility in getting you exposure to those positions. Great health/Dental benefits, generous PTO . After work opportunities to network both with colleagues and clients. Twice per year company sponsored events with Clients. Sponsors community events to teach kids the principals of coding - sponsors a coding club for kids at company locations.

Cons

If you have an idea for improvement you will receive limited managemenet support. W/o their supports new ideas of innovation die on the vine. No training and mentoring program. So any training you want to do make sure it's free or you will need to pay out of pocket. Account teams tend to protect their information - carry things 'close to the vest'- would like to see teams supporting one another. Limited or unclearly defined career path. Depending on the position remote work isn't offered. No bonus program offered

Advice to Management

Create an environment for collaboration and knowledge sharing. Be open and help contributing employees succeed to add new ideas for inovation- if someone has an idea of innovation not only listen but establish an environment to support inovation. It's one thing to confirm something is a good idea but w/o support of Mangaement the idea will never reach beyond that. Stop the 'who moved my cheese' mentaility and support your employees we can innovate into Saggezza 2.0. Roll out a training and mentoring program, allow for cross-training across accounts. Allow people interested in other positions they option to shaddow other consultants to try another career on for size. Offer remote work options for all of your team both billable and non-billable. Offer a bonus program to retain your talent.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

More project options to choose from and opportunities for learning.

Cons

Poor Management and marketing. Lack of direction.