Saggezza Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Arvind Kapur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "work life balance is great - Depend upon team" (in 10 reviews)

• "Upper management has an open-door policy and is welcome to hearing your opinions and ideas" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "If devoting 18 hours out of 24 hours to work for Saggezza can be categorised as a balanced work - life, then yes great level of work - life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "You are secure till you are on client location, the day client will release you, you will be on fire" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company with a lot of room for personal growth"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunities if you prove you're capable. Management team is open to suggestions and feedback. Great hours and work-life balance. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Cons

No complaints, great company to work for

2. "NA"

I have been working at Saggezza full-time

Pros

Some of the work is interesting

Cons

Not a true consulting shop, high turnover rate, no training, disorganized, no direction

3. "Many Learning Opportunities & Wonderful Coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have learnt so much in my time here, and I really appreciate all the opportunities given by upper management to learn new skills. I've been impressed by the amount of time by the CEO and COO to speak to me and tell me stories about their successes and failures. Access to the top leadership team is also a very nice unique thing (at least at Chicago HQ). My coworkers are awesome and help make the day go by quickly and smoothly. Our office coordinator does a great job of having events/little treats weekly. Whether its happy hour, volunteer days, or celebrating national picnic day, there's ample opportunity to socialize and have fun in the day. M time here has been awesome so far.

Cons

The day can get a little chaotic with the ins and outs of the consulting business. We have also been hiring like crazy so it's hard to know everyone in the office now, which was really nice before.

"Horrible!!! Do not believe the fake 5 star reviews!!"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

None at all! Run fast!!!

Cons

Read all the other bad reviews they are true.

Advice to Management

Read the bad reviews, pay attention to what is happening!

5. "I had no idea how much I would learn"

I worked at Saggezza full-time

Pros

I worked alongside two amazing technical leaders (one technical coach from a client project and the other the VP) who had very strong attitudes on professional software development and technology. I had a lot of technical experience already and was comfortable with my skills, but they challenged me a lot and I learned a lot of new things that have completely transformed how I will work with my teams and clients.

Cons

There is a lot of great ability in Saggezza but it is hard to find. People are disconnected, a lot of little bubbles, and the best people are the busiest. Some good people are very hard to approach too. Not just me, several others had the same feedback. Client projects are very deep but not many clients to choose.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger positioning with technical mentorship and sales on expertise not on value or cost. Make the gauntlet harder and get rid of bad contributors faster.

6. "A whirlwind but big opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got a lot of c-level interaction, worked on interesting offering/corporate/client related materials, spent time with some of the smartest tech gurus I will likely ever come across. There are coworkers and managers I would happily work with again any day.

Cons

My role and what I was hired for weren’t really the same, and I had a lot of different bosses with very different expectations and styles. Hard to be sure each morning if it was either going to be awesome or maybe the worst day ever.

Advice to Management

Maximize what you are good at, rather than stretching people to where they break doing things that don’t make sense

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good exposure to some interesting projects. Met really cool people.

Cons

Terrible leadership. No business model. Awful benefits, terrible pay. Avoid at all costs!

8. "Good place to work but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small consulting company - so you don't have the one-size fits all processes. They offer some opportunities to collaborate. You get out of it what you put in. If you want a rewarding career you have to put in the time and build relationships to do great things. If you have an interest in getting into a different field if there are opportunities there is some limited flexibility in getting you exposure to those positions. Great health/Dental benefits, generous PTO . After work opportunities to network both with colleagues and clients. Twice per year company sponsored events with Clients. Sponsors community events to teach kids the principals of coding - sponsors a coding club for kids at company locations.

Cons

If you have an idea for improvement you will receive limited managemenet support. W/o their supports new ideas of innovation die on the vine. No training and mentoring program. So any training you want to do make sure it's free or you will need to pay out of pocket. Account teams tend to protect their information - carry things 'close to the vest'- would like to see teams supporting one another. Limited or unclearly defined career path. Depending on the position remote work isn't offered. No bonus program offered

Advice to Management

Create an environment for collaboration and knowledge sharing. Be open and help contributing employees succeed to add new ideas for inovation- if someone has an idea of innovation not only listen but establish an environment to support inovation. It's one thing to confirm something is a good idea but w/o support of Mangaement the idea will never reach beyond that. Stop the 'who moved my cheese' mentaility and support your employees we can innovate into Saggezza 2.0. Roll out a training and mentoring program, allow for cross-training across accounts. Allow people interested in other positions they option to shaddow other consultants to try another career on for size. Offer remote work options for all of your team both billable and non-billable. Offer a bonus program to retain your talent.

"Business Develoment"

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people with good intent

Cons

Terrible leadership, management style and culture

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

More project options to choose from and opportunities for learning.

Cons

Poor Management and marketing. Lack of direction.