Sailthru Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.8
Sailthru CEO Wellford Dillard (no image)
Wellford Dillard
Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home when needed, and good work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Great people to work with and very transparent with what went on in the company(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains (things can feel disorganized)(in 9 reviews)

• "Marketing Automation is a crowded market, and everyone in the market uses the same language to describe themselves(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Feb 26, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competent Engineers, Sales, Customer Supports that work closely

Cons

Management needs to put more resources into Sailthru

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, cool tech, but that's about it

Apr 1, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The engineers here are some of the smartest, most competent I have ever met. Everyone is open to new ideas and you have a lot of freedom when it comes to how you want to solve problems. - The tech is cool. Sailthru deals with huge scale so you get to learn a lot about that set of challenges. Engineers have a great deal of ownership over their codebases/infrastructure as well. - Smaller, leaner teams means that you get to work across the stack all the time. - Good work/life balance. Not a lot of pressure to meet deadlines.

Cons

- The overall culture has gotten much worse over the past couple years. I think it has a lot to do with Sailthru having been acquired in 2019. Everything just feels more corporate/fake now. - Not a lot of room for upward mobility. Promotions on the engineering side are few and far between. - Comp is pretty poor. Base salary is average at best, and no additional financial incentives to keep people motivated. Benefits are okay though. - No real urgency to innovate. Being a subsidiary of a larger company has put Sailthru in a position where features are built based on the target of a particular vertical. - People mostly keep to themselves. Not a lot of camaraderie or sense of community.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun place to work; really nice people

Jan 29, 2021 - Commercial Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of smart, talented people who are legitimately enthusiastic about the product A kind and friendly culture Lots of space to learn and grow

Cons

Slow to promote or offer raises Can move slowly compared to other tech companies

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to grow your career with good culture

Feb 4, 2020 - Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Managers at Sailthru care about their direct reports and want to help them grow in their careers. I started as an entry level engineer 5 years ago and with the support of my managers I have been promoted twice. My growth wasn't dictated to me. My managers helped me figure out what I wanted to excel at, and helped me get there. - The people who work at Sailthru are smart, hard-working, and nice. People are dependable but also honor that everyone has a life outside of work too. - The parental leave policy is good and people use it. - Opportunity to WFH when needed - Yearly allowance ("Personal growth fund") to use for any type of class you want to help you grow. I've used it for piano lessons, yoga class passes, and conferences. - Views from the office are cool - Catered lunch once a week + lots of snacks

Cons

- Feedback is not a big part of the culture. People tend to air on the side of being nice. In general this is good, but it also means you only get regular feedback from your manager. - The office is often cold - Lunch options in the neighborhood are expensive

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great developer culture and benefits

Feb 7, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that has technology rooted in its culture. There are a lot of really talented engineers in the org, and senior tech management has that rare combination of technical prowess + genuinely caring about their direct reports. The pay is above average, with unlimited time off, 401k matching and good health insurance. There's also a generous personal growth allowance. The culture is another plus. It's fun, positive and professional. Employees are happy to come to work and excited about the stuff they are working on.

Cons

There is a good amount of tech debt in the platform.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic people to work with

Feb 4, 2020 - Product Management in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful NYC office. Great benefits. It's a pleasure to work with people who truly care about the success of the business and the experience of their peers. Fun culture events. Flexibility to work from home when needed, and good work/life balance.

Cons

Sometimes the good snacks run out quickly. When I first started we had coconut water and now we don't. When it's cloudy outside, the view out of our office windows is obscured.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Constantly improving product and great culture

Apr 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are really what makes Sailthru great, and there's a lot of cross team collaboration and the opportunity to make your voice heard. Product-wise, there was a period where it felt like we were in a holding pattern (i.e. not deploying enough of what customers needed). Thankfully, in the past two years, there have been a lot of great strides to listen to customers and get feedback before building features that they're telling us they need, not ones we think they might want.

Cons

There's not a ton of growth for people in non-management positions. There shouldn't be a ton of layers, but opening more mentor/team lead roles, or more specialized positions to facilitate growth, would be great.

8. 4.0

Great company

Aug 8, 2019 - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

excellent, intelligent people, great benefits

Cons

would like more opportunity to move between departments

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company for those looking for a career

Oct 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Sailthru more than four years and it's been an amazing place to learn and grow professionally. There have been a lot of changes over the last four years, as with any technology software company, but I feel we are in a great place and offer strong opportunities for advancement. The executive team is very strong and has us positioned for an amazing IPO or sale some day.

Cons

There has been turnover, and some (as you can see here) were burned but I feel that ultimately we have kept the right players here and the results across all teams recently prove that out.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Taking more and more market share from legacy marketing clouds

Apr 2, 2019 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Transparent executive team -Product/Engineering team take clients' product feedback seriously -Great people and teams

Cons

-Took some time to really listen to client feedback, but now have a strong process around collecting and acting on product requests.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews