Sailthru Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2019

Found 82 reviews

3.7
Neil Lustig

"Caring Company That's Realigning Focus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people to work for and with. Flexible working environment-working from home is commonplace, unlimited PTO, and even an "unsick" day! Fantastic benefits package--stock options, fully paid for health premium, cheap dental insurance, life and disability, generous parental leave, 401k (Unmatched at the moment), commuting benefits, free food and snacks. Sailthru really cares about their employees. I've worked...

Cons

Admittedly cross-departmental communications can improve, I think the organization is working towards this but it's going to be a slow process. Sales could be more accountable for the pipeline they are bringing in, they tend to complain instead of taking ownership of their faults. The ones who are accountable are the ones who take responsibility for their own success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the strategic focus for 2017. We're a tight knit group that will continually need to be heard and listened to!

Sailthru2016-11-01

"Raising our Game"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Sailthru is continuing raise their game, and part of that is letting go of of under performers - some of the comments below are clearly from those people - the tone could not be more clear - Not only is Sailthru expecting more from employees but they're not putting up with employees who have a negative or toxic attitude. It's making a big difference in terms of morale. - Focus is much more crisp than it's ever been....

Cons

- The office is packed! - Sometimes we run out of gummy bears.

Sailthru2016-10-26

"Toxic"

I have been working at Sailthru full-time

Pros

- Snacks - Good office - Some good people are still left

Cons

- The culture has become toxic and the company has been stalled for years - They keep hiring new people that have a good outlook coming in, but then realized what they got themselves into and leave or become jaded - Not competitive at all in the market anymore

Advice to Management

They have been hiring better leaders, but many of the bad ones from the past still remain.

Sailthru2016-12-03

"sales"

I have been working at Sailthru

Pros

Pay is good and there is no micro management.

Cons

This is a company with no aligned goals or vision and all departments are completely unorganized. I would be shocked if they go IPO and no one is buying them. Sales process is too much in the weeds it's no wonder they can't close anything.

Advice to Management

Pick a vision and stick with it. There is also too many silos and no one knows what is going on.

Sailthru2016-12-02

"Dreams Crushed"

I worked at Sailthru

Pros

Unlimited snacks in the kitchen Great view of the city

Cons

Management does not address concerns. Management does not help growth in your role. HR is extremely disorganized. HR tells you to deal with harassment on your own so they don't have to deal with it. People get fired when they bring up concerns and issues within the company. They will interview your replacement in front of you, then tell you your job is not on the line until you get fired and the person you just...

Advice to Management

Company success starts from within. Stop firing people who are speaking up.

Sailthru2016-10-14

"Losing People Faster Than They Can Hire"

I have been working at Sailthru

Pros

Lots of opportunities since so many people leave/are let go, but no real growth

Cons

Sailthru is bleeding their best people and there are no signs of slowing down. Product is failing and competitors have passed them by. Teams work agains each other. Culture sometimes covers up the bad, but even that is starting to fade.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't seem to care about the massive issues that are there.

Sailthru2016-10-02

"Sailthru Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Sailthru for more than a year

Pros

Great group of people at Sailthru. Fun office environment. Good snack food and decent beer in the fridge.

Cons

While attempts have been made to solidify a common vision for the company, it is often difficult to achieve a broader goal while a long list of more minor blockers continue to persist. Too many changes at the executive level and a lack of ownership on the major blockers make overall progress difficult.

Sailthru2016-08-11

"BEST TEAM EVER - CONTENT MARKETING"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Sailthru

Pros

Great office space, positive environment, some of the smartest people in the industry, really supportive I mean really supportive, light-hearted and fun, snacks snacks snacks snacks, they have rooms named after different neighborhoods in the city, everybody takes their job seriously, they are extremely innovative, they are always interested in learning of the movers and shakers in the industry. I just love them lol

Cons

Technology is not for me, so this is a personal con. If you are interested in tech start-ups then this place is perfect.

Sailthru2016-06-28

"SailWho - losing customers every week and trending."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sailthru

Pros

lots of great people I worked with on the front lines in the csm, enablement and sales roles but the executives wouldn't know how good they really are.

Cons

top down decisions made to often by the leadership team over there. I came here and couldn't believe how refreshing it was to know that the leaders wanted to work with people across all levels of this company. Their middle management wasn't much better either.

Advice to Management

I tried when I was there, they don't really care.

Sailthru2016-05-28

"ESD"

I have been working at Sailthru

Pros

Smart people working on a common goal to make our customers successful. What is not to love! They are excellent at hiring, committed to employees success and willing to make sacrifices to be successful.

Cons

No real cons, it's a good place to be. If you don't like growth and to be independent and responsible, it's probably not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication. I appreciate all your work and love the culture you have built.

Sailthru2016-02-23