Sailthru Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2018

Found 4 reviews

1.7
Neil Lustig
  1. "Great company, with a good vision but looking for a next step on the ladder"

Current Employee - Sales Development

I have been working at Sailthru full-time

Pros

Culture - The one thing that blew me away the day I started was how smart everyone here is while not being conceited about it. Every person is approachable and anytime the execs speak you feel like they truly are an authority in what they are covering. Most importantly for a young guy like me, it's always easy to find a few colleagues to grab a drink with after work and find out more about what they're doing. Product/Vision...

Cons

Career Path - My current role has never had someone move up to the next position up in the sales organization. This isn't completely irrational - the role has been only around a little more than a year and there is a plan to do so in the future - but right now that is just talk. At the end of the day, any salesperson knows that action and precedent is what counts and that is what has me anxious.

Advice to Management

Make that promotion. Using a lesser role to assess for sales ability and culture fit along with a promotion to gain loyalty seems like a sound long-term strategy.

Sailthru2015-02-11

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Sailthru full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a "glass half full" kind of person. But I can only think of one reason to work here: you are 22-25, work in the NYC office, and care more about having beer in the fridge than proprietary tech, supportive management or career growth.

Cons

when you read the positive reviews (all anonymous, in no specific division) ask yourself who may be really posting. Not only have these ppl not learned about the detrimental arrogance of execs during the dot com bust, but they revel in their cronyism. Far too many internal processes that never allow you to even do your job. I am not a bitter employee. Just want to warn others to stay far away. Make sure you research how...

Advice to Management

wake up! Get rid of that management layer who are strictly administrators and add nothing to their team. You are not ExactTarget or SAP or Responsys. the arrogance of those in sales/sales ops is truly unbelievable. And HR should check into why so many folks are leaving. If you will blame it all on the employees and that they weren't a right fit, then at least take ownership of your own poor hiring.

Sailthru2015-12-24
  3. "Invest in people and product"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in London, England

I worked at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office location, flexibility to work from home and great people to work with

Cons

Overpriced products, inferior products, a lot of pressure from Senior management to close deals, which is fine as it's a sales role but at least invest in developing the products.

Advice to Management

Invest in developing the product suite.

Sailthru2018-08-24

"SaiIthru is an innovative company with a vision I buy into and a team that can get it done."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the vision, the people and what we are doing. It's not a cakewalk, and hard work is required, but there are many benefits and potential along the way.

Cons

As with any company at this stage there are some growing pains. Sometimes that means losing people who only want to work for start-ups or smaller companies, or having issues finding key hires quickly.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a decent job and filling gaps as needed. As is often the case, many of the top people have not been in the same situation before.

Sailthru2014-06-03