Sailthru "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sailthru Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 5, 2019

Found 82 reviews

3.7
Neil Lustig
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, culture and people, unlimited PTO(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people to work with and very transparent with what went on in the company(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains (things can feel disorganized)(in 9 reviews)

• "Marketing Automation is a crowded market, and everyone in the market uses the same language to describe themselves(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Recent changes making me love Sailthru again"

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance, culture and people, unlimited PTO

Cons

Inconsistent management and expectations, Crowded space

Sailthru2017-03-07

"Company with an identity crisis"

I worked at Sailthru full-time

Pros

Teams are very close and want to work together. Accepting culture. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Young environment. Company is an email provider, personalization engine, and marketing automation tool. Though their software is very cool and useful it can be complicated to explain to customers and hard for them to explain purchasing the software to their boss.

Advice to Management

Focus on marketing automation in specific verticals.

Sailthru2017-02-05

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Sailthru for more than a year

Pros

There's a fantastic work life balance. Positive and supportive culture in which management genuinely wants employees' opinions. Not a cut throat environment.

Cons

Not the most interesting technology stack. The product can be slow moving. Constant customer churn creates a fearful environment

Sailthru2016-12-30

"Great Company to Work For"

I worked at Sailthru full-time

Pros

Loved every moment of my time there. As they grew, lots of changes in upper management, which ultimately led to me getting laid off. Great work/life balance and fun/inspiring startup culture.

Cons

I sometimes referred to it as "Sailthru High" -- lots of younger employees who act like they're in a high school clique. Also, at the time I worked there they were still not profitable... I believe this is a result of basically giving away work for free to clients in the beginning, to try and get their business. As a result there are many legacy clients paying next to nothing.

Sailthru2016-11-17

"Smart People, Strong Product"

I have been working at Sailthru

Pros

Smart, Smart People. I've learned more at Sailthru than any other company because of the people I work with. Our product is also really good and ahead of the market. I believe strongly that we're investing resources correctly now to be successful. Work/life balance. There's a lot to do and you will work long hours, but the founders strongly believe in work/life balance and give you the freedom to have a life outside...

Cons

Still have some growing pains. When you bring in a new CEO, change is inevitable. This made a lot of people uncomfortable and had a ripple effect across the org. I feel strongly that we are now on the right course. We have smart executives leading the team and we're proactively focused on initiatives that matter now.

Advice to Management

Move fast and continue to invest in culture. The market is crowded and we need to move faster than our competition. We won't be successful though if don't continue to invest in our people and culture as a top priority.

Sailthru2015-11-11
  6. "Amazing people, great potential, worth the growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is really willing to listen and action on suggestions. Compensation is fair. Company consistently hires amazing, intelligent people. Work/life balance is encouraged, and you even get a stipend to fund the personal growth endeavor of your choice.

Cons

Look: There are real challenges that come up and sometimes the growing pains are really difficult. If you are someone who enjoys finding the opportunity in tough situations, this will be a good fit. If you are someone who doesn't get completely frustrated by taking initiative to create process and order out of chaos, this will be a good fit. Ultimately, the people that work well at this company are dedicated, smart, innovative,...

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people, keep focusing on growth. Ensure Execs have real presence in the office, and have a close pulse on what's going on with employees. If there is a criticism to be made, it's that some Execs are too removed for a company this size.

Sailthru2014-08-22

Sailthru Response

September 28, 2014ceo

Thank you for posting. It’s wonderful to read how you feel the importance that we place on balance and that you’re looking to tackle the challenges of a scaling organization head on. Your positive attitude is exactly what we continue to seek out in potential employees. I appreciate ...

"Super High Growth NYC Tech Company with Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great work/life balance, ROWE (Results Only Work Environment), structure your day however you need, as long as you get your job done and meet/exceed objectives -Culture of Think Big, Speak Up, Get It Done is lived every day, makes you feel empowered to get your job done, success depends on you and you own your own success -Talented, driven employees, excited about the every day challenges, rally as a team -Relatively...

Cons

Don't really consider this is a con, but it is an organizational challenge. Company is growing so quickly that sometimes support functions are playing catch up. One example would be having the proper HR support for a 100+ person company. But still, we've made a lot of progress in this area.

Advice to Management

Make sure we don't lose the open, transparent environment as we grow in number and internationally.

Sailthru2013-10-13

"Continual growth and progress = improvement, achievement, and success."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are encouraged to take action and change the status quo Amazing office and work/life balance---if you create your own boundaries-- People are genuine and eclectic Company and product are developing at a rapid pace---being a part of that growth is exciting. Peers respect each other and collaboration is constant

Cons

employees are under appreciated by managers strategy and vision is sometimes shaky and not transparent under performing employees influence peers and create low morale and work ethic

Advice to Management

Look at your teams with the biggest problems and radically change them Give credit where credit is due Be honest about failure and empower improvement and change

Sailthru2013-10-09
  9. ""One Sailthru""

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- People who work hard get rewarded and recognized - People are passionate about the space and the technology - Customers are front and center in everything we do - Great culture, work life balance and benefits (Personal Growth Fund to pursue hobbies and advance skills)

Cons

- incredibly competitive space, no matter how fast we move it'll always be hard to stay on top of the market;

Advice to Management

- More transparency around product roadmap / feature requests - Improve speed in which we execute; more focus and we'll get there

Sailthru2017-11-03
  10. "Almost certainly going places, but could have been done sooner"

I have been working at Sailthru full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, product function, value and vision, team work, employees, opportunities, company direction, work-life balance, benefits, flexibility

Cons

Execution from top down seems rushed, focus on wrong things, concerned way too much about growth, not looking after customer interests first, internal attrition, lack of market identification and presence

Advice to Management

Management needs to listen to its customers and staff more, especially around product innovation. Unfortunately, the product has stagnated for too long. Only now is it making a resurgence and transforming to what the market demands now. It will take year or so but

Sailthru2016-10-12