Saint Clare's Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "ADON"

Former Employee - ADON in Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - ADON in Denville, NJ

I worked at Saint Clare's Hospital full-time

Pros

Provides excellent employee benefits.

Easily accessible for all patients.

Cons

Need to provide feedback as to the status of applicants.

Advice to Management

Positive communication skills

"RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Weston, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Weston, WI

I have been working at Saint Clare's Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dental and vision insurance is good. Pay is within range for the area. Each promising new employee stays just long enough to realize what they signed up for and then they quit. We are always training numerous members at one time.

Cons

Management is not professional at all. Patients are supposed to come first, however management plays favorites and it becomes clear quickly as to which side an employee is on unfortunately. The employee pool has become so small that mandatory overtime is now enforced. There is no work/family balance anymore, if you don't pick up extra shifts you get blacklisted.

Advice to Management

Become available. Where are you? Walking the unit once and leaving for the day, or simply disappearing is not benefitting anyone. Please stop I king favorites. You've lot some really good employees because of this. Monthly education is a must and CEUs are not effective.

"Incredible experience; Challenging but rewarding hands on work"

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Counselor in Boonton, NJ
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Counselor in Boonton, NJ

I have been working at Saint Clare's Hospital part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am very passionate about the field of psychology and plan to pursue higher education. Thus, my work at Saint Clare's has provided me with invaluable experiential knowledge about working with children and adults undergoing various stages of mental illness and acute crises. It is extremely challenging and emotionally trying at times but also very rewarding. Being able to help individuals cope through some of the most difficult times in their lives has been life changing for me, personally. Overall, my experience has been enlightening and humbling.

An another note, some of the greatest people I've ever met are those that I have worked with at Saint Clare's-- people who are intelligent, seasoned professionals who genuinely care about the well-being of our patients.

Cons

Without a doubt, this is not a job for the weak of heart. While I don't personally feel that this is a con that would sway my decision to work at a place similar to this in the future, many people may feel uncomfortable working with the patient population served at Saint Clare's - particularly the Child/Adolescent unit and the involuntary commitment unit. It does happen every so often that a patient will hurt an employee, and in my opinion this is in part due to the limited amount of staff working on each unit.

Additionally, scheduling staff across the several units at the hospital is disorganized at times and in my opinion, unsafe. For example, sending a counselor or nurse to a unit they are not familiar with is risky because the rules regarding patient safety are different on each unit and you are only given orientation to the unit if you happen to be working with someone who takes the time (or has the time) to teach you.

Advice to Management

Allow more staff to work each shift.

4. "Memorable experience"

Current Intern - LCADC in Boonton, NJ
    Current Intern - LCADC in Boonton, NJ

I have been working at Saint Clare's Hospital as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff was so supportive and friendly. I was an intern so the team being so friendly and helpful with my learning experience was a huge plus for me. The clients that attend the program were for the most part pleasurable to work with. I was able to learn a lot so it was a great place to obtain experience and to better my skills as a clinician.

Cons

Wasn't much to complain about in my department. Supervisor was a bit much sometimes and extra dramatic but had a lot of useful knowledge in the field.

5. "pretty good"

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Denville, NJ
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Denville, NJ

I have been working at Saint Clare's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    very diverse
    good opportunities for nurses to get promoted

Cons

Always short of staff
    some floors are very busy

"WAS a great place despite challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

I worked at Saint Clare's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, made lifetime friends.
    Chance to be exposed to many important experiences and technologies.

Cons

- Perpetually on the edge of financial doom
    - Poor leadership with a lot of petty politics.
    - Uncertain future due to its owner looking to sell it (even after having bought it a few years ago)

Advice to Management

Stabilize the ship and never forget that your people really make the difference.

7. "Satisfactory not exceptional"

Former Employee - OB Technician in Weston, WI
    Former Employee - OB Technician in Weston, WI

I worked at Saint Clare's Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent fellow employees, liked my managers

Cons

Management needs a lot of work

8. "Junior Volunteer at Saint Clare's in Dover"

Former Employee - Front Desk Volunteer in Dover, NJ
    Former Employee - Front Desk Volunteer in Dover, NJ

I worked at Saint Clare's Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's good to put on your resume if you're in high school/college. You learn (from experience) about how to deal with hospital visitors, patients, hospital procedures, and outside contractors (ex. funeral home directors, security, etc).

Volunteers can get a $5 meal voucher at the cafeteria or cafe, so that's a plus.

When you accumulate enough volunteer hours, you get volunteer pins, so that's a nice little thank you reward!

St. Clare's is keen on yearly medical procedure review sessions, so that's good as a quick refresher.

Cons

It can be very boring working at the Front desk as a volunteer. A lot of the time, there will be very few visitors coming in or no courier jobs needing completion for hospital staff. It's easily fixed by doing homework or reading a book.

Also, if you're looking to really enter the medical field, this isn't really to right volunteer work for you. You're better off just shadowing a doctor.

There's also a lot of volunteers just like you, so you might have some difficulty if you're trying to acquire more hours. They even put 3 volunteers at the front desk on weekends for a 2 hour shift because there's just so many volunteers!

Advice to Management

Volunteer coordinator are pretty strict about professional appearance. You must wear the official blue volunteer shirt (or whatever color they have at the moment) and your lanyard and badge. No eating or playing music at the front desk in order to give off a professional air to visitors.

9. "Salary is much lower than other hospitals all across"

Current Employee - Central Service Aid in Denville, NJ
    Current Employee - Central Service Aid in Denville, NJ

Pros

PTO accrual is good, thats about it

Cons

Managment has no control on anything. Pay sucks. Benefits are worse than any other job i had.

Advice to Management

Raise salary to compare to other hospitals, maybe then you will see good productivity from all

10. "Cashier"

Pros

Friendly work staff and teaches you responsibilities

Cons

There wasn't much flexibility with work hours for students.