Saint Francis Community Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Fr. Robert N. Smith

"Family Support Worker"

Former Employee - Family Support Worker in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Family Support Worker in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Felt like I was making a difference in children's lives, best co-workers and people I have even known.

Cons

Pay was not equal to the amount of work that was being put in, would have long shifts on a regular basis, received calls after midnight - even when the oncall was someone else.

Advice to Management

Do not burnout your employees - they work hard in situations that can bother someone emotionally. Increase the pay for the Support Workers.

2. "Literally the worst place on the planet to work."

Former Employee - Social Worker in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Wichita, KS

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The last day of work.

Cons

Treated like you are worthless. Supervisors are unprofessional and heartless. The CEO makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. Since they are privatized they run foster care like a business making 100's of millions of dollars. They should shut down foster care in Kansas and redo privatization. They will try to force you to do illegal things and completely against DCF policy and hide it. (This has an over all rating of 1 because I had to put something, but wanted to put negative for this "Company")

Advice to Management

You have to be a heartless person to be in Management. Something you can really be proud of.

"Great place to work! Working for the community in a Christian faith non profit organization - priceless."

Former Employee - Data Management Coordinator in Salina, KS
    Former Employee - Data Management Coordinator in Salina, KS

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family Friendly; Great benefits! Health insurance is BCBS and runs $40/employee $5 for dental and $2.50 for vision; 401K match up to 6% of salary; 10 holidays off - including afternoon of Good Friday and the day after thanksgiving.

Cons

Lack of communication in management; annual reviews are late; pay increases are minimal - 2%;
    Must have supervisor permission before requesting internal job transfer; poor organization with events

4. "Program Support Worker"

Former Employee - Program Support Worker in Wellington, KS
    Former Employee - Program Support Worker in Wellington, KS

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Greatly enjoyed the work!! Fast-paced environment!! Enjoyed detailed work of collection, compliance, data entry and management of files!!

Cons

A LOT of negativity among staff and from supervisors!! More concern over time and money than service to Children and Families!! A lot of laziness!!

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Get together on how things are done. A lot of conflicting instructions from different managers. Be kinder.

"Management Heavy"

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work - as in doing good work - family welfare, interest in poverty and human trafficking.

Cons

If you are a manager, your spouse probably also is one here. Many new manager positions created just to get another friend/relative/spouse to be a manager. A lot of the blame game as well. People talking about others, some senior staff dislike each other.

Advice to Management

Clean out the unnecessary management receiving inflated salaries and re-purpose that money to understaffed, overworked departments. Start regularly reviewing employees toxic to the organization and deal with them.

"Inconsistent Managers and Upper Management"

Former Employee - Social Worker in Salina, KS
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Salina, KS

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working with families was the only positive of the position.

Cons

Inconsistent management, no communication, Hire individuals with little or no experience in working as therapist, burn out due to increase in case load, short staffed and seems that upper management is mostly concerned about money for a not for profit company.

Advice to Management

Supervisors need to be trained to respect the employees who work in the field, many have no clue as to the work that is done, being on call, working late hours and travel.

7. "Adoption Social Worker"

Former Employee - Adoption Social Worker in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Adoption Social Worker in Wichita, KS

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with are fantastic, I was able to make my own schedule other than court and could come in later or leave earlier if needed

Cons

the pay for the work is awful, it is extremely stressful, very unorganized, hard to find or get help from higher ups, a lot of travel, on call too often

8. "Flexible family-oriented workplace"

Current Employee - Data Management Coordinator in Salina, KS
    Current Employee - Data Management Coordinator in Salina, KS

I have been working at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never enjoyed working anywhere as much as Saint Francis! I feel valued and appreciated, and leadership has been extremely flexible.

Cons

I wish there were enough openings for everyone I know! :)

"Favortism and low pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Pros

I really did enjoy my hours and the Supervisor I had. I also liked the PTO plan that is offered along with the benefit packages.

Cons

You can tell that you are not anyone special by the way you are treated. Seemed as though you had to have a certain job title to be recognized or paid they rate you should. This goes from something as small as who can use the coffee pots in what office and who's birthdays are celebrated. Also the is a major lack of communication and organization among the HR, benefits, and compensation team.

Advice to Management

Realize that ALL your employees are important not just the people you like. Also compensate correctly and make sure that you listen to employees. Take ALL feelings and schedules into account.

"Would not return"

Former Employee - LMSW in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - LMSW in Wichita, KS

I worked at Saint Francis Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the kids I worked with. I loved working with the court system. I had great co-workers.

Cons

Management was terrible, poor communication, workers that were burned out and did not ensure their kids had clothing when they were taken to placements, management unconcerned with workers who had no ethics, high turnover, no supervision of staff, management unaware of the status of cases, management provides lip service but no follow through, best interest of the child is not practiced by management and many staff in this agency due to lack of support by supervisors and untrained social workers and family support workers performing social work tasks due to high turn over.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, address performance issues, do not be afraid to terminate non-performing or poor performing staff, if you are going home before your staff every night find a solution, workers taking kids to placement without clothing is absolutely not acceptable, improve your community reputation.