Saint-Gobain NorPro Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Employment"

Current Employee - Professional in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Professional in Stow, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain NorPro (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. A lot of opportunity for advancement if you work hard. Has a sense of family.

Cons

Large corporation, can have both positives and negatives.

Saint-Gobain NorPro Response

May 18, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. We are proud that you are satisfied with your work environment. We are fully committed to employee development and appreciate your response.

2. "Ugh! This is Rough."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Pros

Environment is relaxed and understanding of your personal life. Pay is generous and supervisors readily allow time off to address medical or family needs, assuming that the time is made up.

Cons

This is not a team-oriented work place. We have departments of employees, each with their own very discrete job functions and rarely do they overlap with others in the same department. By observation, teamwork is something that exists in middle and senior management, but not on the shop floors or in the labs.

Benefits are mediocre. Many are very old-hat and don't really appeal to a younger demographic.

There is a lot of "walking knowledge" throughout the organization. Not much is written into policy or for any succession planning and that leaves us at a real loss.

Succession planning appears "too scary" for anyone to address, or at least those I've asked, and as a result, nothing is done. The culture is reactive vs. proactive, and "do something, apologize later" vs. "ask permission to do something." Project management is very shoot-from-the-hip and slap-shot vs. carefully planned and orchestrated.

Saint-Gobain uses WCM, but this site struggles to implement it in a meaningful way.

Not many people here willing to "tell it how it is." We lack a certain strength in character

Advice to Management

To senior management: Get someone who is good in public relations. Every time there's bad news (layoffs, etc.), it's rarely delivered well.

If any of the above seems untrue, then we, as an organization, need to do better in communicating metrics and efforts for projects, programs, and problems instead of letting employees do the guess work and post their frustrations on something public like Glassdoor. Because by then, it's too late - the review is posted.

Saint-Gobain NorPro Response

Aug 4, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your honesty. We as group are working very hard to improve our communication, transparency and succession planning. The team is engaged and is very passionate about employee ... More

3. "OK place to work"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Stow, OH

Pros

NorPro is a pretty good place. Most of the people are very nice and NorPro itself generally makes good money and gives bonuses.

Cons

Saint-Gobain, the parent company, is a pretty mediocre company. It does not seem well managed and the benefits package is pretty mediocre.

Advice to Management

The problem isn't NorPro's management, but further up the chain of command