Saint-Gobain NorPro Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manufacturing Technician"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Bryan, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Bryan, TX

I have been working at Saint-Gobain NorPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Company is Awesome. They will do their best to help in most situations. They have multiple products that are highly sought after and need them manufactured. Pay and Benefits are generous. Growth is available for those who seek it. You truly get out what you put into this company.

Cons

Work life balance can get skewed from time to time, but management does their best to keep to the work schedule. Mandatory overtime is used when needed to keep production met. Some like it, and some do not. Be sure to ask questions regarding scheduling at the location you are interested in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep Listening and improving. World Class companies never quit. You set the example for the future of the company.

2. "Worst Its ever been"

Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain NorPro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are 0 pros left

Cons

Worst its ever been. with the merge it's all about padding the bonuses of the executive. HR in charge was horrible the first time - why they would think it would work a 2nd is beyond us. only cares about making herself look good and those above her. so much politics it's not even worth staying. everyone who is not part of crystals should look for another role .

Advice to Management

they wont' listen.

3. "pilot plant tech"

Former Employee - Pilot Plant Tech in Stow, OH
    Former Employee - Pilot Plant Tech in Stow, OH

I worked at Saint-Gobain NorPro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

Disorganized management poor company production planning

Advice to Management

Have equipment needed to fill orders before your sale department makes sales. Make sure your Texas plant is sending in spec material to pilot plant to be fired.

4. "Ugh! This is Rough."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Pros

Environment is relaxed and understanding of your personal life. Pay is generous and supervisors readily allow time off to address medical or family needs, assuming that the time is made up.

Cons

This is not a team-oriented work place. We have departments of employees, each with their own very discrete job functions and rarely do they overlap with others in the same department. By observation, teamwork is something that exists in middle and senior management, but not on the shop floors or in the labs.

Benefits are mediocre. Many are very old-hat and don't really appeal to a younger demographic.

There is a lot of "walking knowledge" throughout the organization. Not much is written into policy or for any succession planning and that leaves us at a real loss.

Succession planning appears "too scary" for anyone to address, or at least those I've asked, and as a result, nothing is done. The culture is reactive vs. proactive, and "do something, apologize later" vs. "ask permission to do something." Project management is very shoot-from-the-hip and slap-shot vs. carefully planned and orchestrated.

Saint-Gobain uses WCM, but this site struggles to implement it in a meaningful way.

Not many people here willing to "tell it how it is." We lack a certain strength in character

Advice to Management

To senior management: Get someone who is good in public relations. Every time there's bad news (layoffs, etc.), it's rarely delivered well.

If any of the above seems untrue, then we, as an organization, need to do better in communicating metrics and efforts for projects, programs, and problems instead of letting employees do the guess work and post their frustrations on something public like Glassdoor. Because by then, it's too late - the review is posted.

Saint-Gobain NorPro Response

Aug 4, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your honesty. We as group are working very hard to improve our communication, transparency and succession planning. The team is engaged and is very passionate about employee... More

5. "Employment"

Current Employee - Professional in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Professional in Stow, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain NorPro (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. A lot of opportunity for advancement if you work hard. Has a sense of family.

Cons

Large corporation, can have both positives and negatives.

Saint-Gobain NorPro Response

May 18, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. We are proud that you are satisfied with your work environment. We are fully committed to employee development and appreciate your response.

6. "OK place to work"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Stow, OH
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Stow, OH

Pros

NorPro is a pretty good place. Most of the people are very nice and NorPro itself generally makes good money and gives bonuses.

Cons

Saint-Gobain, the parent company, is a pretty mediocre company. It does not seem well managed and the benefits package is pretty mediocre.

Advice to Management

The problem isn't NorPro's management, but further up the chain of command