Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews | Glassdoor

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance, family-like culture, manager support at R&D department (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, we have a pension which many companies have phased out, 401K, 11 holidays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be improved (in 4 reviews)

• Like any big company, there is always the red tape to get things approved and signed off which is a struggle (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Work Hard, Play Hard Culture is Hard to Beat!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SGPPL works hard at creating a culture that is diverse, innovative, fun and yet still effective. I love working for this company. At heart it is a manufacturing company, but it is also so much more. Management listens to their teams; they work hard to create a supportive environment where talent is recognised and people are developed.

Cons

Like most manufacturing giants there is some red tape, but the amount and scope of the red tape is improving, barriers are being broken down between traditional silos and there is a huge amount of work ongoing to make SGPPL more diverse. It could all be better of course and needs to improve to make this company truly outstanding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and if possible do it faster. More barriers need to be broken down and more of the senior leaders need to get out of their own way and let their teams continue to shine.

"R&D Engineering"

Current Employee - Research and Development Engineer in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Research and Development Engineer in Akron, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good benefit and schedule

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment

3. "Thankful and Surprised"

Current Employee - Credit Speciaist in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Credit Speciaist in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very stable (350 year old) company with many benefits, especially for a part time person. What I like most is that their are genuinely very nice people that work at the corporate headquarters, where I work.

Cons

I wish there were more part time positions available.

Advice to Management

Keep on being a great example!

4. "Great company"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Very open and friendly staff!
    Very supportive teams.
    Has a culture of wanting people to succeed.

Cons

MINOR ISSUE - In my particular interactions/associations there seems to be a divide by generation. But it is easily out weighed by the items above

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Granville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Granville, NY

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Operators, job security, pay for the area. Global company has many great opportunities.

Cons

Site specific: Slow to improve. Not enough people to get needed work properly planned nor completed. Management is untrusting, rather arbitrarily cuts budgets, and bullies employees. These things limit technical career growth in the engineering field.

Advice to Management

Trust the professional recommendations of people you hire. HR should NOT allow managers to bully others. Stop some of the beurocracy and provide improvement budgets.

May 1, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your experience in the Granville location. We are pleased that you see all the opportunities for growth and development in our global... More

"Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Controller in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Controller in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, fast paced, and highly embraces an entrepreneurship spirit. Great place to work with a lot of exciting projects underway. Company does a great job at managing careers and providing opportunities for growth. As with any company we have room for improvement but Management is committed to making changes to keep PPL Garden Grove a fun and dynamic place to work.

Cons

No cons to mention. I highly enjoy coming to work everyday and working with all of the employees that make our company a success.

Apr 10, 2017 – Human Resource Director, ENC

Thank you for your feedback. It is rewarding to know that you recognize Saint-Gobain's efforts in promoting and providing opportunities for our employees to grow, feel challenged and know they add... More

7. "Market Manager"

Current Employee - Global Market Manager in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Global Market Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with a global workgroup.

Cons

Very political environment. Organization structure constantly changes and if you are not part of the in-group, you will be ignored.

Advice to Management

Be more open and upfront with the team.

"Great people, relaxed working environment, direction of company is questionable."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA

Pros

Great benefits (401k matching, pension, healthcare, company car, etc). Great people. Management does not micromanage. Management cares about employee satisfaction.

Cons

Company invests time, money, and resources on unnecessary endeavors while ignoring some blatant needs. Workloads tend to be very high due to company being "lean"

Mar 12, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for recognizing the work we are doing to provide a good Total Rewards package for employees. I encourage you to share your ideas on where we should focus our attention so we build a solid... More

"Management style becoming more 'French'"

Current Employee - Manager in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Team spirit amongst staff reasonably strong and almost all want company to succeed. HQ environment pretty good for a US corporation of this size. Career opportunities provided, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Management is becoming increasingly top-down.
    Once you have accepted a position, your annual salary will not keep pace with the market.

Advice to Management

Remember your teams have valuable insights - ask them before making changes.

"Cost and Budget Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promoted healthy living; nutritionist on site and work life balance (the ability to work from home

Cons

Distance the company HQ moved 4 miles further away from me; High turn over in HR, lack of health benefits options