Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 221 reviews

3.8
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics CEO Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
Pros
  • "Good work life balance at times(in 12 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Application Engineer-Automotive Seals

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accommodating and supportive work culture, abreast with modern manufacturing technology, amazing cross functional work culture

Cons

No cons experienced so far!

July 30, 2018Director of HR

Thanks for the positive feedback! We pride ourselves on creating a culture where employees feel welcomed and supported.

2. Saint-Gobain

Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Director

Pros

Diverse company, long term plans and excellent benefits

Cons

there is a lot of travel to support the business

3. Good Company but Management needs work

Former Employee - Polisher

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Big Company and good paying job.

Cons

Over worked and unappreciated

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad seeds.

• Talent Acquisition

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Good company culture; people here are supportive and helpful. It has been very easy developing relationships with our plants across North America.

Cons

Very decentralized--not necessary a bad thing, but takes some getting used to if you've worked in different companies.

• Plant, Warehouse, Operations and Logistics Manager

• Overall
      Current Employee - Plant, Warehouse, Operations and Logistics Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Full autonomy, the employees and your ideas and concerns are taken in consideration

Cons

Talent acquisition is very difficult to get

October 1, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

Dear Current Employee (Plant, Warehouse, Operations & Logistics Manager), First, WELCOME to our TEAM! Certainly, we wish you the best of success and the best that your opportunity can offer you. Of course, we are concerned that you had difficulty reaching Talent Acquisition. ...

• Akron has a ton of potential

Current Employee - Leadership in Akron, OH

Pros

Work life balance Management team Collaboration Autonomy Challenging projects Opportunity Creativity

Cons

The site needs a substantial cultural shift.

Advice to Management

Continue to shape the future, challenge the team, look for opportunities, and provide a great place to work!

August 6, 2018Director of HR

Thanks for the advice! It's great to see your list of pros of working in Saint-Gobain PPL.

• Employer Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Nothing but great things to say about this company. The level of emphasis they place on developing their employees is phenomenal. I have never been part of a company that listens to their employees and then works as best they can to implement input & feedback from them. Not everything is done, there's a review process & scope of limitations but what can be done usually is. Most of the management team are hard...

Cons

The healthcare is poor & not enough is covered to truly support anyone who has existing health complications.

Advice to Management

Please review the attendance & sick leave policy. An employee shouldn't have to use their vacation time to visit doctors who are inaccessible outside of 9-5p business hours & then be punished with higher rates if they don't.

July 9, 2018Director of HR

Thank you for your post! We are always happy when employees see all the work and effort we put into providing professional development opportunities. Regarding our medical coverage, I encourage you to talk to your local HR team about maximizing the benefits of our plan and the providers ...

• Northboro R&D Center

Former Employee - R&D Group Leader in Northborough, MA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

very good place to start career. encouraging environment with strong research culture. one of the closer place to traditional way of industrial R&D. very wide range of industrial product and problems to solve. enough room for self-driven folks to learn and try new things. collaborative in general.

Cons

Too much politics and fight for control from different fraction and country. your career can be destroyed if you are not aligned correctly. Flush out mid- to senior level management team every a few times already over 10-15 years. The businesses that composed of the innovative materials section are all relatively small and not suitable for larger company's R&D environment and style. but the R&D arm functions...

Advice to Management

need to find where the values are and how people are delivering the value. make up your mind who you want to manage the place.

• Great and interesting work but corporate politics is the worst I've seen

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Travel often, interesting work, I cant think of more than 20 words worth of pros

Cons

Company politics is rampant, legacy people often point fingers, management plays favorites which has directly stifle others' careers, double standards

Advice to Management

Certain legacy people are hurting your work environment more than the employees let on, at what point do they cut the cord?

• Employee Engagement

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Very good benefits for all employees

Cons

Large company with a lot of paperwork

Found 221 reviews