Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews

Updated May 21, 2020

4.2
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
Pros
  • "Good benefits, treat employees with respect(in 18 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is quite heavy on the upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "No cons that I'm aware of at this time(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Heading in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hidden gem in Akron. Great pay with OT available if you want it, work life balance is great now, lots of good change finally! Management is trying to listen to the floor and seems to be working together. Work environment is good. Bonus for everyone.

Cons

Plant is a bit outdated and could use a facelift.

Continue reading
  2. "The Perfect Situation"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Began with the company as an intern for multiple summers and eventually was offered a full time position following graduation. I've worked at multiple sites and have loved the team environment and the noticeable opportunity for growth and advancement at each site.

Cons

No cons that I'm aware of at this time.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Saint-Gobain has a very positive and collaborative culture. Everyone is willing to help out and genuinely takes pride in their work. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

The only negative that I've seen is the high deductible health insurance plan.

4. "Great place to work but..."

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Puyallup, WA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large multinational company. Great hourly workers. Better than average benefit package

Cons

Site's upper management has turned over too many times in last 3 years. No sales team. No on premises HR

Continue reading
  5. "A Very Fulfilling Job - Great Team!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Beaverton, MI

Pros

Great coworkers, always a challenge, supportive corporate contacts, lots of opportunity for growth especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

You will always have to deal with difficult coworkers, there are some here as well, but overall it's a positive team.

Continue reading
  6. "I would recommend working here"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Malvern, PA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Beautiful building, nice amenities, average benefits. Company offers paternity leave and supports multiple cultures. Lots of employee events.

Cons

As with most jobs in Corporate America, headcount is everything. Departments struggle with inadequate man power due to inability to hire more help or are forced to let go of staff due to budget cuts.

7. "Challenging fast moving business in a very positive environment."

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Beaverton, MI

Pros

Since I have been here I have felt valued for my experience and knowledge. Also, everyone is very helpful to fill in the gaps when I have questions. This is a true team environment where everyone shares knowledge and skills. There is also an effort for everyone to have short term and long term career plans that is actively reviewed and acted upon.

Cons

None so far.

Continue reading
  8. "Great and secure company to work for."

Current Employee - Customer Experience Strategist in Hoosick Falls, NY

Pros

Work-Life balance, 401k match, retirement plan

Cons

Red tape due to being a large international entity

Continue reading

"Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Administrative in Merrimack, NH

Pros

Saint-Gobain is a good company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and dignity and care greatly about the community they are in. They offer great benefits and career opportunities. There are a lot of really good people working in Merrimack who make a difference everyday. They have honest relationships with the employees and make everyone a part of the team.

Cons

The site has had difficulty with PFOA issues, which they have worked hard to remedy and some members of the community can't seem to see that. They stepped up when others wouldn't and did the right thing.

Continue reading
  10. "Working at Saint Gobain"

Former Employee - Process Technician in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Generally a good place to work with nice and helpful coworkers. Plenty of interesting projects and issues to work on each day. Company has been a good corporate citizen and taken responsibility for a local emissions issue even though it may not all have been from the plant.

Cons

Some quality and safety issues in the plant have created a lot of tension within the last 2 years. New management is struggling to correct them. Seems to have a high turnover of senior management.

Found 256 reviews