Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews | Glassdoor

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot

Pros
  • Promoted healthy living; nutritionist on site and work life balance (the ability to work from home (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits, we have a pension which many companies have phased out, 401K, 11 holidays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a very large company and sometimes change takes time (in 5 reviews)

• Like others have said before, the approval process for certain items can take some time, but this is very common for companies of our size (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Very open and friendly staff!
    Very supportive teams.
    Has a culture of wanting people to succeed.

Cons

MINOR ISSUE - In my particular interactions/associations there seems to be a divide by generation. But it is easily out weighed by the items above

"Great people, relaxed working environment, direction of company is questionable."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits (401k matching, pension, healthcare, company car, etc). Great people. Management does not micromanage. Management cares about employee satisfaction.

Cons

Company invests time, money, and resources on unnecessary endeavors while ignoring some blatant needs. Workloads tend to be very high due to company being "lean"

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

Mar 12, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for recognizing the work we are doing to provide a good Total Rewards package for employees. I encourage you to share your ideas on where we should focus our attention so we build a solid ... More

3. "Great workplace!!"

Current Employee - Technician in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance, benefits, advancement within company, short breaks during work hours.

Cons

Nothing really. Good place to work.

5. "Application Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Wayne, NJ

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere, interesting material, great opportunity for horizontal and vertical movement

Cons

Parts of the job can be repetitive

Advice to Management

continue to listen to employees input, especially newer/lower level workers.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working for Saint Gobain Performance Plastics! In 2017 we plan to hold more Town Hall meetings at our locations which is an ... More

"Facility Overall"

Current Employee - Technician in Portage, WI
    Current Employee - Technician in Portage, WI

Pros

Lots of OT, always working on ways to improve the facility, customer and safety orientated. Lots of additional perks such as bonuses, reimbursements, dinners and employee recognition.

Cons

Favoritism is high, they make rules but there are so many exceptions given to people. Management is lacking. People are too afraid to hurt feelings so things don't get addressed as they should. Very much a do as I say not as I do attitude.

Advice to Management

In order to run a successful facility rules must be adhered to and everyone must receive the same treatment. This goes across the board to all departments and all shifts. Hold people accountable, including yourselves. We are losing good workers for the stupidest reasons and keeping horrible workers simply to have the body. That is not helping us.

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Competitive pay and benefits. People generally treated well and nice work environment. Lots of opportunities to grow with such a large company. Lots of flexibility and outstanding work/life balance.

Cons

Most growth opportunities require relocation, especially if you are located in California as it is far away from most of the core business. Poor annual raises (1/2% - 2% per year).

"Entrepreneurial Spirit"

Current Employee - Marketing and Communications Manager in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing and Communications Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most managers are trusting. There is so much room to grow between different sites and departments. I've been fortunate enough to be in a job that allows me to travel (and we have sites all over the world). Many high level managers are very willing to mentor newer employees. Investment in innovation.

Cons

We're still a bit on the traditional side. Decision making takes time as we're a huge organization. Diversity is lacking (especially in upper management). Vacation policy is lame.

Advice to Management

We need more writers, content creators and storytellers in Marketing and Communications roles. Place value on degrees other than technical ones.

9. "SGPPL review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good steady company to work for

Cons

Pay could be a little better

10. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Controller in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Controller in Seattle, WA

Pros

The company is very well organized for its size. Very stable workforce. It's a great environment to learn in.

Cons

The path to advancement isn't always clear. People in higher level positions do not leave the company so it's hard to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Better mentorship programs

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

True commitment to a safe workplace. Everyone does the best they can even the managers.

Cons

Some people just have to complain and spoil the morale on the floor. They must never have worked someplace bad.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve the company. Lots of area for improvement. Don't let the whiners get to you - they do not speak for all of us.