Saisystems International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Dr. Ramesh Wadhwani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place, Greater People!"

I worked at Saisystems International full-time

Pros

flexibility, culture, attitude, management, standards

Cons

not many i can think of, great enviornment

Advice to Management

work closely with staff to set clear goals and objectives

2. "Great entrepreneurial enviornment for marketing manager!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Shelton, CT

I worked at Saisystems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at SAI Systems full time as a marketing manager - I really enjoyed my time with the organization. The company had a young vibe and culture - the management team was aggressive pursuing new business opportunities and provided the marketing team with the opportunity to be accountable for the business. I really enjoyed the culture and the people.

Cons

My husband's job relocated us out of the CT area and unfortunately I was unable to keep my role when we left. Highly recommend joining this growing team!

"Anonymous employee"

I worked at Saisystems International full-time

Pros

Extremely professional, great values, supports professional development, won several business awards, known for delivering exceptional work to clients. Honestly others that had negative reviews must've been expecting an easy paycheck without contributing. I woudnt be surprised if they've received poor reviews in other jobs.

Cons

Really can't think of any...

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business and your team. Great company!

4. "A place to grow and flourish, with excellent mentorship and opportunity"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shelton, CT

I worked at Saisystems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I consider it a stroke of good luck that I had stumbled onto Sai Systems when applying for jobs, and even more luck when I was selected for employment as a Sales and Marketing Associate. As a young professional just beginning a career path, I had the opportunity to be surrounded by many sophisticated and highly intelligent minds with centered values of respect, excellence, service, unity, and integrity. My peers and mentors at Sai Systems always exemplified these values, and in so doing, created the optimal work environment for me to learn many skills at an exponentially fast rate, and flourish in a position that is both challenging and competitive nowadays. Throughout my time at Sai Systems, I grew not only as an employee, but as a person, gaining invaluable skills and confidence that cannot be learned from textbooks and literature. Upper management was always supportive and encouraging, and really cared about the success of both the individual and the collective group. I found it very gratifying and actualizing to work for Sai Systems International, as my strengths and capabilities were always highly valued and I was provided the channels to do my best work.
    The only reason I am no longer working at Sai Systems is because I am pursuing a doctorate degree and unfortunately leaving the geographical region.

Cons

There were no downsides for me-- I have only positive remarks and experiences to relay.

5. "Poor computer products....selling new as used...and very very long repair waits!!!!!"

Former Employee - Clerical in Shelton, CT

I worked at Saisystems International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NONE.....WORK BEING DONE TAKES MONTHS WHEN YOUR TOLD IT SHOULD BE FIXED IN UNDER A WEEK!!!!!

Cons

I worked at this office for several years....and I seen it all. People bringing in POS computers used in a restaurant settings and they are told it should take a week or less....and this place holds them for a month or more. Personal business computers / laptops being brought in for service and I seen the guy out and about in public and I was told after 2 or 3 months they still had his unit. The cherry on the sundae was when one of the towns was going to go computerized. They paid a great deal of money and when they got all the computers.....they were set to the Indian language and it was like all the different units were used merchandise. If you want to deal with all this...give them a try....but I sure wouldn't want to. There are alot better companies out there....that do GREAT work....and they don't keep people waiting months or lie to them saying what they are getting is new merchandise.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee. The computer department is horrible. Repairs take months and months. Merchandise sold to customers isn't new....it's used.

"Horrible work environment.....like kindagarten!!!!!"

Former Employee - Clerical in Shelton, CT

I worked at Saisystems International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None none none none none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Was told out of the blue I was being laid off cause of "lack of work". When I got home my paperwork said "dismissal/suspension". I called and questioned it....and was told if "lack of work" was used that their account would be charged differently. They didn't think how this would effect my future........they didn't care. When I was being interviewed I was told that there would be days that I would have completely nothing to do......that was right....cause it wasn't days it was weeks and months. Was the most boring job I've ever had in my life. Cruel.....heartless management. This is an Indian owned company. If your not Indian.....your really nothing and you were looked at like you were garbage.

Advice to Management

I know if any employees tried to speak up and give advice they were told to be quiet and not cause a fuss. It was their way or the highway. The department of labor heard my grievances and totally agreed what was pulled on me was wrong. If you don't mind being treated like a pre-schooler.....go to work for this place. It's a total ZERO......if you really want a career with this place.

"Horrible place to work -"

Pros

No pros. Bad Management - No Business- A lot of deception and lies - Career set back-
    Staff members try to do their job and are good resources in general.

Cons

Don't believe anything during the interview.They lie to you and all their clients. They have no client base and no signed MSA with any account. They are looking for new resources hoping to fix the issues they have and they are not willing to change the way they do business. Not willing pay money and invest in any needed tools and expect their business to boom. No matter how senior you are they will always override any decision you make internally and with clients. They don't share any information and expect you to guess what is going on to solve their problems internally and with clients. You will be the scapegoat to anything that goes wrong on any level and you will never be appreciated. They have trust issues and believe that all their resources and staff will never o their jobs unless they micro manage. They tell you over and over again that they do not micro manage but want to know what you are doing every second of the day ( how ironic)

Advice to Management

Listen to new ideas - Spend money on the right tools- Stop lying to your staff and clients, they all see through it- Share information and trust that your staff will do the right thing- Don't be afraid to appreciate your staff and help them excel in their job, they will NOT take your place.

"Perfect for work passionate people."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Saisystems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perfect for the people who are dedicated to their work and passionate about their profession.
    Friendly and positive environment.
    Paycheck well within time.
    Management's open door policy.

Cons

Don't work here if you don't love your profession.

Advice to Management

Love the way you interact with employee. I am really feeling fortunate that I am working under such genius minds.

"Enjoyed Employment at SAI"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Shelton, CT

I worked at Saisystems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While my experience was short, as I as on a specifc project, my experience was great with SAI Systems and its managers. Professional and timely response and always received by paycheck on time!

Cons

I had a great experience so can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

My contacts within SAI were with their HR manager, Sales manager and recruiting team - and they were nothing but professional and always resonded quickly to any questions; the consulting rate was very competitive and the work challenging. I do find it humorous that other comments said they make you were multiple hats and should hire more help - I'm sure that person is still unemployed as today you better be able to wear lots of hats in order to make a living anywhere!

"Biggest mistake in my career"

I have been working at Saisystems International full-time

Pros

The employees are supportive of each other and assist each other in completing the large amounts of work

Cons

Micromanaged and disorganized; refusal to listen to employees who are performing the work in regards to additional staff,equipment, or resolutions; expands offshore- refuses to expand onshore operations to support growth; expectation to work during scheduled leave;clear favoritism towards people from India; grows without adding employees then expects current employees to work excessive overtime (without pay); dishonest to customers; unethical culture;frequent payroll delays and errors; excessive interview process; false job descriptions; no training or professional growth; no possibility for promotions within unless you are from India

Advice to Management

See the value in listening to those performing the work. Do not expect more than 40 hours per week and do not give more work than that. Support professional growth with onshore. Hire more people, we can only do so many jobs at once.