Salad and Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Roushan Christofellis
0 Rating
  1. "Data analyst"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Salad and Go for less than a year

Pros

very good people in the company.

Cons

Nothing much to say about.

Salad and Go2018-05-24
  2. "An upbeat enviorment"

Former Employee - Salad Bar in Cave Creek, AZ

I worked at Salad and Go part-time for more than a year

Pros

-The higher managment is exteremly helpful and fast. If there is an issue at the store it will usually get fixed right away. -The pay for what it is is pretty good -The job is simple and the menu is pretty easy to remember

Cons

-The fast paced enviorment and the pressure to do things quickly is very overwhelming and stressful -Many of the ideas that management comes up with for efficiency make little to no sense, arn't properly tested, and work poorly -Managment takes little to no advice from employees, and only really pays attention to the sucesses of the more popular stores, meaning smaller locations feel left out at company events. -Many of the really good managers are under appreciated.

Salad and Go2019-12-10
  3. "Quality Assurance Manager"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Salad and Go

Pros

Great Environment. Fun to work.

Cons

The shift timings should be flexible.

Salad and Go2018-07-11
  4. "Team Member"

Team Member

I worked at Salad and Go for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible Hours and online scheduling -Good lower management

Cons

-Upper management is pretty harsh/unhelpful -Rushes are certain locations last 4 hours+

Salad and Go2018-03-22

"Team member"

Former Employee - Team Member in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Salad and Go part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discounts on yummy healthy food! The work really well with your schedule even if it is changing. You infrequently get tips!

Cons

The management is poor and always changing. They will ask you to leave early if the store is slow. Constant protocol changes. They have you take tests, real tests on how to make specific salads... like you're in grade school. It's ridiculous, you will be removed from the schedule if you cannot memorize the salad. The pay is awful for how much they expect of you. Management will come watch you struggle on the line during a rush and criticize you but not roll up their sleeves to help out. SO much catty high school drama.

Advice to Management

Stop with the ridiculous testing. Actually spend time learning who your all start employees are and INVEST in them. Your profit margins are great- invest back in the people who keep your business running.

Salad and Go2017-09-17

"Great Company, Great People, Great Food!"

Former Employee - Team Member in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Salad and Go part-time

Pros

These people are one of a kind. They want to make you happy and they want to see you succeed. They work with your schedule and are very understanding when it comes to family emergencies, schooling, medical issues. They are a fast growing company and that's good because you have room to grow within the company. The food is great and honestly I think it's amazing what they are doing when it comes to changing the way people think of fast food.

Cons

They are only part time. No benefits for part time employment, unsure for full time or management levels You have to be fast and be good at time management.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing!! You are an amazing revolution and I am so proud to have been a small part of it. Now there is a small issue: Your Manager Griffith. He has a very corporate style attitude. And by that I mean, I felt that he was only interested in results. He was very blunt with us and when we would mess up, it was like the end of the world. It was like accidents don't happen or weren't allowed to happen. If we messed up one salad, Griff would make us all stop -by yelling at us- and then scold us and throw the salad in the trash. Also, I don't think he values women very much. He would talk down to myself and the other girl I worked with-though I can't speak for her. My female co-worker and I got along very well and we would make jokes all the time and laugh with each other. Not during very busy times but at the times when it was slow or we were cleaning up after a rush, we would do this but it was inappropriate to him. Whereas when he and the male workers would goof off in the same way and it was completely fine but we would be criticized for making a comparison .

Salad and Go2017-07-11

"Started off great but fell to the side once the owners were no longer active."

I worked at Salad and Go full-time

Pros

Owners Tony, and Roushan are AMAZING and fully LIVE the companies core values.

Cons

Unfortunately the senior leadership that has been put in place over the past year of growth has drastically tainted the culture causing numerous people to leave/ or be terminated for not falling in line with pour values/ bad business practices.

Advice to Management

Tony, Roushan, Get back involved, the culture has become toxic. Look back at the dedication of your staff, and measure it to where things are today.

Salad and Go2017-05-14
  8. "Positive environment!"

Current Employee - AZ - Arizona in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Salad and Go part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Salad discounts! 100% off one entree during an 8+ hour shift, 50% off one entree during a less than 8 hour shift, and 15% off otherwise - Great emphasis on positive environment -- mentioned numerous times during hiring and training processes because it's such a small workplace and one person with a bad attitude can ruin it - Friendly and understanding staff who help you learn - Willing to work with you to figure out a somewhat consistent schedule - I haven't been here for long, so I gavent experienced it yet, but apparently you can get promoted really fast. I've seen many people move up in the short amount of time I've been here.

Cons

- The strong salad smell that's tough to get rid of after work 😂 - Breaks are somewhat short (15 minutes and 30 minutes), and you only get one 15 per shift and a 30 if you work 6+ hours

Advice to Management

You're amazing! You've done a great job of making this a fun place to work and a positive environment to be in. Thank you!

Salad and Go2016-07-18
  9. "General Salad Tosser"

Current Employee - Tosser in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Salad and Go part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment Nice employees/managers Small tip every month Not a normal fast food place

Cons

Not a huge chance to grow You don't have much input unless you are a manager Harder than a normal fast food place

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but help people grow instead of stopping them from learning

Salad and Go2016-06-30
  10. "Fast Paced Growing Company"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Salad and Go full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and management there are great and if you work hard there is room for you to be promoted since the company is growing quickly.

Cons

It can be quite demanding and breaks are very little.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, because the managers there actually do their jobs as managers unlike some other places you might find.

Salad and Go2016-05-28