KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Progressive and Kind

Oct 21, 2021 - Management in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits - health care, vision, dental plans are good and affordable. People - coworkers are friendly and nice. Service to members is great. Development opportunities include on the job and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It's a busy place with more work than time.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Voted one of the Best Placed to Work in WA State

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The organization takes care of it's staff, considers inclusion and diversity in decision making, and listens to staff about their opinions on major events such as vaccine mandates, work from home, etc. Management open door policy isn't just a tag line here. Growing like crazy!

Cons

Salary is in line with most market analysis, but in the Seattle area it's low for a lot of knowledge roles. Hard to retain top tier talent without much room to budge on salaries for current staff.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Changing environment causing disconnect and lack of staffing

Aug 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Tuition reimbursement is great Health insurance good Semi annual bonus is average

Cons

Major disconnect with upper management Inability to meet staff needs with growth rate Lack of internal promotion Lack of female representation in leadership Do not listen to staff that is non management Have not been able to keep a connection with staff and going remote in the last year Have taken away internal staff recognition No focus on mental and physical health that is typically offered by others

Salal Credit Union Response

We appreciate your positive feedback about our benefits and bonus plan. At Salal, we value your input and are open to dialogue that leads to solutions for better shared outcomes for all employees. Please contact someone in Human Resources so that we can learn from your specific experiences. Thank you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

Jul 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth Great communication within the company Management appreciates employees opinions Fair pay and great benefits

Cons

No cons. It is a great place to work.

Salal Credit Union Response

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear that you feel growth, communication, and taking care of our employees have been a top priority.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hard Work and a Great Heart

Sep 16, 2020 - Current Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get to try things and make suggestions on how to do my job better - people listen because they're looking for ways to always improve. The people who work here work really hard, but they also take time to show they care deeply about the community and the world we live in by looking for ways to include others, participating in community activities and fundraisers for nonprofits, using the Salal Supports Giving dollar-for-dollar match of donations, and engage in difficult conversations about race and equity through company sponsored groups and programs. It's cool to see how many people really care! The CU was closed the day of Seattle's Black Lives Matter peaceful, silent protest - the CEO spoke openly about everyone's First Amendment Rights! I know that I can make a difference in my work and when I do someone will recognize it and show gratitude.

Cons

It's really busy and there are lots of processes still being mapped out - I have to figure things out that I'm surprised I need to. It can be overwhelming at times, even for a self-starter.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0

Good Company

Jun 4, 2021 - Financial Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company, Care for its employees

Cons

Pay check is not great

7. 2.0

Really disappointed

Jul 9, 2020 - I Don't Feel Comfortable Sharing This Information
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some incredible people throughout the entire organization doing really wonderful work and who care so much about each other and our members. They really want to do the right thing. They adhere to and celebrate our Core Values - We take care of our members, We take care of each other, and We do it right.

Cons

Senior leadership is stuck in the good-old-boy corporate hierarchy mindset of the past. They don't seem to understand that culture has changed - and this company PRIDES itself on being innovative and ahead of the curve. Why should we have to wait years and years for our organization to catch up on something that seems so obvious, and in line with our values? They are not leveraging the tools that HR and Employee Experience teams are creating to really hear and understand their employees. They are not using the experts at their disposal for decisions they make.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback. We too think our staff is full of dedicated and caring people that love serving each other and our members. We also recognize we can do a better job at utilizing our talented staff to help identify and drive efforts to improve in some of the areas you identified. The DivE IN group is a fantastic resource for the organization and should be looked to for their very valuable guidance. We very much want to hear and understand our employees. It is clear to us from your feedback that, in your experience, we have fallen short of these goals. We recognize that helping to make lasting change includes not only speaking up, but putting those words into action. Some of our commitments include: • We will be developing formal diversity policy and practices that include qualitative and quantitative metrics that will help us track our progress towards accomplishing the goals defined within this policy. We plan to do this in collaboration with the employees that have already been doing great work at creating belonging in our organization. We will develop metrics that will allow us to track our progress towards our goals. • We will dedicate resources towards more training and resources offered to employees regarding diversity, inclusion, and building belonging. • We will be completing and participating in the NCUA Annual Voluntary Credit Union Diversity Self-Assessment as a part of our normal practices • We will develop a supplier diversity program, which will include intentionally seeking out, including, and considering contract quotes and proposals from diverse suppliers when procuring products and services We will be reflecting, both individually, and as a team, on how we can be more transparent about the work we are doing and take steps to prioritize the needs of those most marginalized in our organization. As with other reviews, if you have more you would like to discuss with us or more information you would like to share, we would really love to speak with you. The more we know about your experience, the better equipped we are to improve in the future. You can reach out to the Human Resources department, or if you’d prefer anonymity, use our Suggestion Box to provide additional details. Either way, we will be working on this. Thank you (For public transparency, DivE IN is our committee on all things Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Salal, run by a large group of our dedicated employees. DivE IN is short for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Network.)

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Mar 4, 2021 - Personal Financial Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great and lots of perks

Cons

Inability to listen to people working on "ground floor" only management and VP team are taken into account

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Good Working Experience

Feb 22, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong management team, company-wide enthusiasm

Cons

difficult working cycle to maintain work-life balance

10. 5.0

Best work place

Dec 28, 2020 - Senior BSA/AML Compliance Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote working, work life balance, pay, benefits, management. Everything is great about this company wouldn’t ask for a better one

Cons

There are no cons with this company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews