KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Progressive and Kind

Oct 21, 2021 - Management in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits - health care, vision, dental plans are good and affordable. People - coworkers are friendly and nice. Service to members is great. Development opportunities include on the job and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It's a busy place with more work than time.

Salal Credit Union Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some feedback. We are happy to hear that you've been satisfied with our benefits and opportunities to grow. We know that since Salal Credit Union is continuing to grow there are many projects to be tackled. Your hard work is very appreciated!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

Jul 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth Great communication within the company Management appreciates employees opinions Fair pay and great benefits

Cons

No cons. It is a great place to work.

Salal Credit Union Response

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear that you feel growth, communication, and taking care of our employees have been a top priority.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Mar 4, 2021 - Personal Financial Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great and lots of perks

Cons

Inability to listen to people working on "ground floor" only management and VP team are taken into account

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best work place

Dec 28, 2020 - Senior BSA/AML Compliance Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote working, work life balance, pay, benefits, management. Everything is great about this company wouldn’t ask for a better one

Cons

There are no cons with this company

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 24, 2020 - Banker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great values, Transparency, Great benefits, Community oriented

Cons

There are none so far for me

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good overall company

Oct 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great overall company that will advocate for employees

Cons

Specific managers can get away with murder and have no accountability from VPs

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hard Work and a Great Heart

Sep 16, 2020 - Current Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get to try things and make suggestions on how to do my job better - people listen because they're looking for ways to always improve. The people who work here work really hard, but they also take time to show they care deeply about the community and the world we live in by looking for ways to include others, participating in community activities and fundraisers for nonprofits, using the Salal Supports Giving dollar-for-dollar match of donations, and engage in difficult conversations about race and equity through company sponsored groups and programs. It's cool to see how many people really care! The CU was closed the day of Seattle's Black Lives Matter peaceful, silent protest - the CEO spoke openly about everyone's First Amendment Rights! I know that I can make a difference in my work and when I do someone will recognize it and show gratitude.

Cons

It's really busy and there are lots of processes still being mapped out - I have to figure things out that I'm surprised I need to. It can be overwhelming at times, even for a self-starter.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Focused on the people

Apr 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth, fair pay and bonus opportunities, great options for benefits like $7,500 per year for tuition reimbursement. I think the culture is the biggest pro - Salal is extremely driven by its core values and you can really tell. Through the COVID-19 crisis the company has worked to support its employees and keep them safe.

Cons

Some departments are limited in their ability to work from home. Account and loan benefits for employees could be better.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Representative

Hello, and thank you for your review! We're delighted to hear that you feel looked out for in these unprecedented times. It's been a challenge - especially for our employees on the front lines - to continue to serve our members to our highest standard with all of the changes in place, so we're doing everything we can to restructure and provide assistance to support them. Looking to our values and consulting with staff have been the best tools at our disposal. We’re lucky to have such an innovative and devoted team throughout the organization.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not your typical "credit union"

Aug 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Salal recently and I am impressed at what I have seen. The focus on the employee is substantial, more then any other employer I have worked for. The culture is positive, collaborative and fun! It seems like there is always a celebration happening...with good food! Salal is extremely focused on innovation, as there are multiple current objectives that focus on new products, services and benefits for members.

Cons

A possible con would be that there is so many initiatives that are happening at once. In addition, you have to be flexible enough to change priorities when it is required. On the other hand, it provides you a great opportunity for growth.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Representative

Yay! It’s so good to hear you’ve had such a positive experience. We strive to make people feel welcome so it’s valuable to have this sort of feedback! We agree that there is a lot going on. It’s important to us to continue to work on finding the balance – the question we aim for is how can we keep the train moving and allow employees to wear as many hats as they want, and still keep things sustainable? It’s more like a dance than a holding position, and we continue to be successful because of your willingness to participate in the whole process. That means we appreciate you digging in, and speaking up when you see room for improvement! We’re excited to be able to increase the tuition allowance for employees, and look forward to additional ways to support the development of our team. Thank you for your feedback!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Keeps getting better

Jul 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We just moved to a shiny, new building in Northgate that is designed to sustain our growth. I was concerned about moving to an open work environment because of the noise and lack of privacy, but it's worked out surprisingly well. You can tell that there was a lot of thought that went into this project and how to make the workspace enjoyable for employees. I love the size of Salal- it's big enough to be mostly drama free and it's small enough that your hard work gets noticed. I have had very few negative interactions with other employees. Everyone is positive and working hard to serve our members. I love that we give back to our community and it's not all for the positive press. So much of the giving that we do within the community flies under the radar but I think that makes a great statement about the company. I've seen a lot of growth in my time here and there seem to be a lot of opportunities for employees to excel and contribute to the growth. I also cannot say enough good things about Russ, the CEO of Salal. He is approachable, hardworking, and concerned about employees. I feel honored to work under his leadership!

Cons

Because of the rapid growth that company is going through, sometimes expectations are unclear. In order to be successful at Salal, you need to be flexible and interested in wearing different hats. For me, this is a positive thing, but it's not an environment that works for everyone.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Representative

It’s exciting to learn how things are feeling at the new headquarters for you! We’re also relieved to see our efforts at the space have been successful in creating the right noise level and environment. Giving back to our community is such an important part of our core values, so thank you for bringing this up! You’re right - volunteering and raising money are a common enough thing for us to do as a company, but also that many of our employees participate in on an individual level as well! Believe us when we say, we are lucky to be an organization that draws such kind and driven people. PS – We like Russ a lot too. He’s pretty awesome. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we’ll see you at the All Staff meeting!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews