Salem Media Group Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.4
Salem Media Group CEO and Director Edward G. Atsinger III
Edward G. Atsinger III
Pros
  • "Being a Christian and a Conservative is not something that needs to be hidden in this media company(in 38 reviews)

• "Support teams from every department makes for a smooth transition into a new work environment(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "He said that I should not expect to be paid what my skills are worth in the Christian media space(in 27 reviews)

• "Low pay, practice of giving unfair preferential treatment for some employees(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Apr 13, 2021 - Digital Media Strategist in Eagan, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was able to accelerate the interviewing process since I was advanced in the process with another company. Open conversation about the details of the position, culture and economic benefits. Have met great people with a lot of experience - high caliber talent here. Most have been here for many years.

Cons

None that I'm aware of.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work with incredible leadership!

Dec 10, 2020 - Media Strategist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees have a team mentality. Leadership is very encouraging, motivating, and supportive. The work is challenging and rewarding. There is a fair amount of acknowledgement and bonuses for a job well done. Employees have a good amount of freedom to accomplish the task for which they are responsible - allowing room for individuals to achieve goals in a way that works best for them. Supposedly, there is a stellar training program, though due to being hired just prior to Covid, I did not have the opportunity to experience the program. However, there is a multitude of training videos that are helpful and informative. Overall, Salem Media is a great place for a "team" player.

Cons

The company is in the process of moving to a more technological mindset. The adjustment and changes sometimes create friction - change is good and necessary for growth. However, change can create additional challenges to an already challenging job. There are many changes happening for the better and once everything is settled, this "con" will rectify itself. The company stopped allowing expense reports - no longer reimbursing for mileage, business expenses (clients do not understand that a "lunch meeting" falls on the sales rep), and cell phone reimbursement was no longer allowed - due to Covid.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Support from Management

May 6, 2021 - Media Strategist in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive management, helpful resources, effective marketing tactics

Cons

Vacation time-only 2 weeks for seven years

4. 5.0

Excellent Company

Apr 1, 2021 - Media Strategist in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are several pros here: 1. Insane earning potential 2. Supportive management 3. A consistent team 4. Lots of resources for sales 5. Strong training process 6. Everything we sell funds Christian or Conservative Media My wife and I recently went through a miscarriage. During this time my manager's support has meant the world to our family.

Cons

It takes 60 days to get on the company's health insurance, but I think that is normal in most places.

5. 5.0

Interview Process

Apr 7, 2021 - Promotions Director in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company! Great work culture. Leadership is behind you and willing to help you succeed and grow your earning potential.

Cons

There are none that I can think of.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Company To Work For!

Jan 28, 2021 - Helpdesk Technician in Camarillo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salem Media Group is a great company to work for. The work environment is very positive and everyone, and I mean everyone, at the company is extremely friendly, helpful, and approachable. I love that my job duties vary from day to day so I am always doing something different and learning something new. I am very happy to be a part of the Salem Media Group team!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any. The environment and vibe is a complete 180 from what I had grown accustomed to with previous employers in the best way possible so I am very satisfied with Salem.

7. 5.0

Interview Process

Mar 26, 2021 - Media Strategist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team! Honored to work with so many accomplished and talented individuals. The interview process took 3 weeks.

Cons

There are no cons at Salem

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place

Apr 22, 2021 - Business Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Holidays are generous, family values

Cons

Advancement is at times non exsistent

9. 4.0

work experience

Apr 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

working with many very good people who are very helpful

Cons

no current concerns with the company

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved My Time with Salem

Mar 8, 2021 - Traffic Reporter in Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the atmosphere, benefits, the quality of work, the camaraderie.

Cons

I honestly didn't experience any cons while working there.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 493 Reviews