KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Salem Media Group

Is this your company?

Salem Media Group

Add a Review

Salem Media Group Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Sep 14, 2020

Found 36 of over 537 reviews

4.4
Salem Media Group CEO and Director Edward G. Atsinger III
Edward G. Atsinger III
Pros
  • "Being a Christian and a Conservative is not something that needs to be hidden in this media company(in 38 reviews)

• "Support teams from every department makes for a smooth transition into a new work environment(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "He said that I should not expect to be paid what my skills are worth in the Christian media space(in 27 reviews)

• "Low pay, practice of giving unfair preferential treatment for some employees(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Salem Media Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

90 day review

Sep 14, 2020 - Media Strategist in Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support teams from every department makes for a smooth transition into a new work environment.

Cons

at this time I have no cons.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you took the time to comment. We are happy to know that you have felt supported in your transition, it's something we strive to do! Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with as you continue your career with Salem Media Group.

2. 5.0

Excellent Company Culture

Jul 25, 2019 - Assistant Accountant in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptional work environment with people who truly care about their co-workers.

Cons

No cons for me at this point

Human Resources

We really do care about everyone here at Salem Media Group! Thank you for noticing and for taking the time to review us here on Glassdoor!

3. 5.0

Excellent and Inviting Company

Jun 26, 2019 - Graphic Designer in Maitland, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and welcoming staff, great work environment and positive values.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time

Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We are happy to have you as part of our Salem Media Group family!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!!

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated. Great people at all levels of the company . Excellent leadership.

Cons

I can't think of a single one.

Human Resources

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that you feel the appreciation we have for all of our employees! Thank you again for reviewing Salem Media Group.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for...

Oct 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros: professional, extremely kind, fun and caring staff, low stress, flexibility, established brands and stations, quality services for clients, very positive and encouraging work environment, talented staff and quality clients, room to train, learn and expand skills and talents, dynamic company, fair work space and assets.

Cons

Cons: getting anything approved by corporate takes way too long, i.e., budget approval, pay is not industry standard, technology is a little outdated, there's some unnecessary systems within the company, i.e., the benefits discount system, and never discussed bonuses or pay increases in interview with long term outlook.

HR Department

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback. Making sure every aspect of Salem Media Group is of great quality is essential to us, which is why we aim to always provide a kind and caring, as well as a low-stress and flexible atmosphere. As for your comments regarding pay and communication, we will work hard to better these areas. If there is any other feedback you would like to discuss, please reach out to your immediate supervisor or our corporate HR department at (805) 233 - 3129.

6. 4.0

Sep 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upbeat work environment. Fun atmosphere. Great leadership.

Cons

Not getting enough hours.

HR Department

Your feedback is important to us, which is why we want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Glassdoor. We work hard to make sure our environment is fun and inviting, so we are thrilled to know we are living up to that goal. Regarding hours, Salem is always looking for ways to improve, so please feel free to discuss your comments with your immediate supervisor or our corporate HR department at (805) 233 – 3129.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Promotion Director

Sep 9, 2018 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that’s growing. Takes care of its staff. Peaceful work environment.

Cons

The pay is lower than other media companies.

HR Department

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoy your work environment and that you feel taken care of. As far as your comment regarding pay, we strive to compensate our employees at or above market value and provide raises and promotions based solely on performance. If you are unhappy with your compensation or would like to discuss any of theses concerns further, feel free to speak with your manager or contact our corporate HR department at (805) 233 - 3129.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Jo Ever !!!!

Dec 8, 2017 - Event Coordinator in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and a great positive work environment.

Cons

none I love this company !!

2 people found this review helpful

HR Department

Thank you for reviewing Salem. We are happy to hear that you love this company, in fact, we love hearing it! Keep up the great work.

9. 5.0

work experience in first 90 days

Nov 27, 2017 - Program Director in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

great work environment, a team filled with unique personalities but all with a common goal. That goal is to grow and succeed from a sales and programming standpoint but in doing it together as one.

Cons

small group, a lot of responsibilities on a select few.

HR Department

Thank you for reviewing Salem. First let us start by saying that your advice to management is very well put and something that we try to instill in all our management. We are happy to hear that you feel part of the team and that you are all working towards that common goal. Speaking to that point, if you feel that the responsibilities could be more evenly dispersed feel free to mention this to your supervisor and remember our corporate HR office is always available for any further comments or concerns at (805) 233 – 3129.

10. 5.0

A Great Place to Work!

Mar 15, 2017 - Social Media Coordinator in Camarillo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comfortable work environment with friendly staff. Everyone works together and is willing to answer questions. Being a new employee here I felt very welcomed and excited for the road ahead!

Cons

None that come to mind

4 people found this review helpful

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review Salem Media Group. We are happy to hear about your welcoming experience here and look forward to working with you

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews