KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sales Empowerment Group Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2021

Found 242 of over 245 reviews

4.8
Pros
  • "SEG spends ample time on each segment allowing you to digest and understand all that you learn(in 41 reviews)

• "They will give you all of the tools needed to be successful in your sales career(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is not one thing I would say bad about SEG(in 15 reviews)

• "I do have to say that I had a great experience at SUG because I wanted to stay in sales long-term(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great training

Jun 11, 2021 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Being completely new to sales, I think that the SEG team did a great job at introducing the basics of sales and then further building up my knowledge of the industry with practical advice and situations. I feel well equipped to start being a BDR. 2) The whole team is very approachable and caring. Although the training is done fully remotely, I feel like I could reach out to anyone through email or LinkedIn and get valuable constructive feedback. 3) The role playing was extremely helpful. I got to understand what a good sales pitch should contain and then practicing building one.

Cons

Training was pretty spaced out throughout the first week, which meant I had a lot of unexpected breaks during the day. It could have been more concise instead of lasting the full week.

2. 5.0

Great Training, Positive Learning Environment

Jun 4, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Training was really good, and the managers all had very helpful advice and were super constructive in their feedback. Lots of people in my training group, myself included, had no previous sales experience. They never made me feel discouraged but offered a lot of really helpful solutions to problems I was facing. I went from having no idea what I was doing to having a sense of confidence in my sales abilities after my SEG training week. 2) Everyone, including the partners, is very approachable. Each of them has let us know that we can come talk to them at any time, for any reason. 3) They seem to use a lot of positive reinforcement. Everyone is ready to celebrate each other's successes. 4) They recognize effort first. If you're not getting meetings right away, the managers will work with you to help you get there. As long as you put in the work, they're not just going to fire you because you didn't get x amount of meetings in a certain time period.

Cons

Everyone has a different approach to sales, so you'll probably get a lot of conflicting advice. This team will help you figure out what works for YOU though.

3. 5.0

A Place Where You Care About Your Work, And Your Leaders Care About You

May 7, 2021 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing SEG has going for it is the culture. They deeply understand the importance of a work life balance, which unfortunately is something you don't see a lot at other companies, especially other sales companies. SEG understands that when you're respectful of an employee's time, they'll work that much harder for you. Everyone I've gotten to work with so far has been so generous with their advice, their guidance, and their time. There's a big value placed on teamwork and camaraderie that makes coming into work every day a pleasure. I haven't been with the company long, but with a work environment like this, I sure plan to.

Cons

This might come down to how I personally set it up, but there has been an issue with emails. They've primarily been contacting me through my personal Gmail account, but I also had to set up an Outlook account, and from *there* another Gmail accent for the campaign. Maybe I could tinker it so I only have to deal with one work email, but I've been worried that I'll miss a work call or appointment because I didn't go through all three inboxes to find it.

4. 5.0

Really great company

May 28, 2021 - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got me set up with a client in just 3 days after applying to them. Really quick response after applying. The best part was all the help they give you to get ready for the interview. The help they gave me got me to excel at my interview so much so that they gave me a job offer just 3 hours after the interview (that's the fastest response I'd ever gotten)! The training they give you is amazing too. There's so much interactive roleplaying that lets you get used to talking on the phone with clients. I came in fresh and honestly just a week in I feel like I can do well with this job.

Cons

They slowly ease you into your company (that you will be working for along with SEG) as the training progresses, so you don't really learn much about what your company does till a few days into the training. It's not really a downside since they only just teach you the basics at the beginning but I can see it being helpful to absorb information that's more relevant to what you'll need.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

SEG completely changed my life and I’m forever great FIO and blessed to have worked there.

Apr 8, 2021 - BDR Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I first started at SEG I thought I was nothing more than a pro athlete with no work skills to my name. From the moment I stepped into the office everything changed for the better. SEG is full of hardworking people from the CEO, managers, all the way down to the BDR’s. They truly care about each persons individual development as well as the companies. Working for Erin, Scott, and Joe has been one of the best experiences in my life. Without the encouragement, warm welcoming, and the support from Erin my manager I don’t know what I’d be doing now. I recently got promoted to full time at my company. Looking back on the hard work I put in for the 8 months at SEG, I recommend anybody trying to jump start their sales career should check out SEG. So to Brian and the rest of the amazing people at SEG thank you for allowing me to grow and for showing me that work experience isn’t everything. That it’s the heart and the desire of that individual to achieve greatness.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at all.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Training

May 21, 2021 - Training Program
      Business Outlook

Pros

SEG works with their employees to create an incredible way in learning sales. From the top down SEG gifted me with more knowledge than I could have ever learned on my own. At SEG they go above and beyond in making sure everyone is communicating their slip ups and improving their sales knowledge and ability.

Cons

I honestly can say their is no cons to training with this program. I hope anyone takes the opportunity here to experience the plethora of knowledge SEG brings to the table.

7. 5.0

Excellent Training and Leadership

May 21, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training program for new and seasoned sales professionals alike. The management and executive team are all at your disposal and willing to hear your thoughts and ideas, answer any questions you have, etc. It is refreshing to see a company like this growing through the pandemic. They have adapted phenomenally.

Cons

The only cons that I can come up with are in relation to COVID and exist at every other company too.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people and great service

May 11, 2021 - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

SEG focuses on hiring great people and I have been very impressed with the passion to drive success for their partnering clients. The C-Level Team takes a lot of pride in training, mentoring and listening to ideas on how to constantly evolve the model. I am so glad to be a part of this organization!

Cons

You have to be on your toes since they are expanding into new states.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

the Training i reseaved was amazing i have been supported and built up

May 7, 2021 - BDR in Redding, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training i received was first class, i have been supported and built up by the staff and left my training feeling like i could conquer the world. the support and coaching reaches much further than your training team as we are encouraged to reachout to any coworker we feel can give us insight and direction fearlessly whether it is the CEO or a first day employee.

Cons

have not seen any cons yet.

10. 5.0

My First Sales Experience

Mar 5, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is my first sales experience and just completed my first week of training. Let me tell you, I have never experienced an organization where everyone takes the time to get to know you and sets you up for success. Even the CEO is involved and helps with training! I was really nervous to start on Day 1 and now after completing Day 5, I feel more confident. Their training program really prepares you for any scenario; all the role playing has been really helpful. I would highly recommend starting your sales career with Sales Empowerment Group.

Cons

If you're new to sales, the beginning of your training may seem a little challenging and overwhelming but I promise you by the end of the week you will understand their training style. You'll look back and say, OK, that wasn't so bad! The management team has also been really involved with training and they really take the time to help you learn and grow!

1 person found this review helpful