Sales Focus Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Sales Focus President Tony Horwath
Tony Horwath

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company with even better field support"

I worked at Sales Focus full-time

Pros

Experienced sales pros in management, and excellent support for those in the field. Managers are never more than a call or text away. Lots of money to be made for a dedicated and focused sales pro. I worked directly under Norm, and could not have been happier with the experience. EXCELLENT work/ life balance!

Cons

There were no cons while I worked there.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing in the direction you are.

2. "Just don't"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sales Focus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zero pros. Other than going home when work is over. Company constantly lies and BS's employees. We get treated like we are stupid.

Cons

Worst Management ever. They aren't in the trenches they say they've sold before so They know how to do it blah blah, they lead from the rear and wonder why there is no results not one person is meeting the "quota" on this project but the people who haven't done it before are saying it's possible and we just aren't working hard enough. Good one bud.

Advice to Management

Take more time to train and give more tools to succeed. You say we have everything to do the job and we should be hitting goals but that's bs. Stop lying be honest, I'm sure that's hard for people like you but honest expectations can go a long way. Instead of lying about where we should be even though you know that nobody else is even close to that. Oh and the pay is about 7000 below what it should be.

3. "They sell you a bill of goods to get you to accept job"

I worked at Sales Focus full-time

Pros

There were no positives in the short time I was there.

Cons

Where do I begin? The person I interviewed with, Norm, basically sold me and the rest of the team a bill of goods. No mention of yearly 9 day layoffs unless you want to transfers 100's of miles away. Training is absolutely atrocious. The company that they partnered with, Marcoa, sent trainers that were not up to task. They demanded some of the strangest things from us like memorizing pricing and sales pitches BEFORE we start. Half of the new team didn't bother showing up and the rest quit or were fired by day 4.

Advice to Management

Fire Norm and hire someone that isn't scamming new hires

"Sales Rep I"

I worked at Sales Focus full-time

Pros

The people I met mainky. No other pros to working here.

Cons

Terrible management. Lied to about bonuses or being paid comission. Would fire fully competent employees with no notice at all often on the spot the morning they should be reporting to work.amongst other things.

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees like humans.

5. "Great Place to work"

Pros

During my time with Sales Focus, I was given the opportunity to work with an amazing business partner that is very successful.

The HR staff CJ and Roxy, are very friendly and professional, They are always willing to help or provide you with any information you may need at any time.

The Sales manager David, is also very hands on. He is always willing to share his ideas and is a great team leader. The positivity he offers creates results! David ensures that all sales reps are trained fully and prepared 100% prior to them starting on their assignments. You will have full paid training and offered all the support you will need to get started in your new role.

Compensation is more fair for the duties required to fulfill the job duties.

The Sales Focus academy is also a great program offered at SFI to all of its Inside Sales Reps. With that program, you will be given the opportunity to learn new skills and strategies to furthermore get the deal closed. With the Academy program and training sessions, you will not only learn new skills that really work, you will be able to take that knowledge with you to become an even more successful sales rep in the future. During your academy training sessions, you will ALSO be given the opportunity to earn merits which in return can be used to earn you more money. (Awesome Right??)

Compensation is more than fair for the duties required to complete your tasks. Raises and promotions can also be earned quarterly with staying on task and proving to be a hard working employee.

SFI is a great place to work and always takes care of their employees. This is one company that continuously gives back to their staff. You will feel appreciated here whether it is with the monthly luncheons offered, quarterly reviews, salary increases, the sip and sit chats, monetary bonuses or even the personal achievement awards recognition that is regularly given makes this a fantastic opportunity for any serious professional looking for the right opportunity. Not to mention, SFI never forgets their employees on birthdays and has a way of making each and every employee feel important and valued.

All in All, Sales Focus is a great place to work and has provided me great career opportunity.

Cons

I have no complaints to make.

6. "Positive post are all false"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Sales Focus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When 5'oclock hits and you get to leave

Cons

This company is so bad, that management goes around and asks there current employees to put positive reviews so it doesn't scared off potential candidates. How desperate do you have to be, not to mention what a false sense of reality in your company.

Training for a sales rep that gets hired is very texted booked and isn't up to date with company's that actually know how to train the employees. How can a company say they train there employees 100% especially when it comes to sales. Big Red Flag, and it goes to show you that management doesn't have a clue on how to train or run a staff. There is no black and white training when it comes to sales.

They offer there candidates low offers when it comes to your compensation then expects you to preform. Believe it or not positivity does not equal results but then again this is another red flag when it comes to the low IQ of management in the company.

Another Big Red Flag, there is no company that has no complaints by there staff. There is no perfect company out there other than maybe google. The staff that has no complaints about this company has never worked for a Fortune 500 company and would probably never make it in one, which goes to show you staff lies to there employees

Advice to Management

Stop asking your staff to write positive reviews to make your selves look good cause it's not right for the candidates

7. "It was a quick turn around"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Rich is very professional. So is CJ in HR.

Cons

Not enough training. The position was closed after less than a month. Bad pay.

Advice to Management

More training and contract with organizations that will appreciate your efforts.

"Liars!!! Stay away don't waist your time please!!!"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Getting an I pad i guess. I had to give five words for the pros when really there isn't one!

Cons

I got hired on a Wednesday, trained for Thursday and Friday and the assignment was over on Tuesday. They had just activated the program 3 weeks prior with only 4 sales people in the field and they pull the plug in less than a month. This company as no direction, poor management and no training. They will pull the plug on an assignment without any reason and will not place you anywhere with in the company. Do not believe anything you hear form these guys! All of the reviews are spot on. Run very fast and far If you are contacted about working for them They will fire you for no reason at all. Stay away please!!!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your sales staff!

"Bad,Bad business.......Stay away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sales Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rich Crowther and CJ from H.R. are the only positive, nice, understand people that make this company .25 of a pleasure

Cons

The company has a bad reputation. They hire people and let them go without any warnings. Heartless!!!!!! could care less about your feeling. Did not get paid my commission and they also underpay their people. No JOB SECURITY AT ALL!!!!!!! BEWARD

Advice to Management

Hiring people who put their heart and soul into your business to help your business grow and to just lay them off with no warning is heartless and cool. No personal thank you, I'm sorry, NOTHING!!!!!!!

"Con Artist"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good pay Promised. But its all a lie. Not much to say about this company other than this is a huge scam!

Cons

Its all a lie. Never got bonus check from the day I started. Was promised it for an accumulating 8 months after about $4500 in owed bonuses the company and program vanished.

Advice to Management

Youre a rip off! Start a real company! Ponzi Scheme.