Sales Partnerships Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Frederick Kessler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • SPI is a great place to work with a family feel (in 4 reviews)

• Attempts to treat employees fairly not truly obtained (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Greedy upper management didnt care about employees (in 3 reviews)

• I could have learned everything in 2 days instead of a week (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Huge Career Potential"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SPI has been a huge boost to my career. When I was transitioning from marketing to sales, SPI gave me the opportunity while others sought after the same old cookie cutter sales person. They look for attitude and aptitude as a rule of thumb when making hiring decisions which trump simply a boring traditional sales resume. Just three years ago, I started my career out as a sales rep and have made multiple transitions to a Sales Director today leading well over 100 representatives. Fantastic values, great management and a keen eye on progressive sales techniques and technology. Lastly, compensation is higher than other comparable positions.

Cons

Not many negatives here that wouldn't be included in all other sales companies. I would add that its follow up in declining candidates in a hiring decision could improve, but that is a small issue compared to other companies.

"Quality Assurance Agent"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good for the work required. Hours are somewhat flexible, but that was slowly changing over time. Region manager was very understanding and cooperative. Also there were certain ways to trick the quality team into thinking you worked a full day (i.e. recording random records as unable to complete, due to business being closed).

Cons

There was zero sense of Job Security. It was hard for me to stay motivated when I would see fellow hard working employees get laid off, for no other reason than to make the ROI as a whole look better.

The position was also becoming less desirable, due to more and more unnecessary surveillance procedures being incorporated. There was also a strong disconnect with what was expected and what was actually realistic in the field as far conversations go. Sometimes I would know I was wasting my time and the clients time, but would have to lie on my report in order to fly under the radar. Of course I never had any problems with quality control, which made me contemplate the validity of my whole job.

As a whole it pays well, but offers little in the since of job satisfaction and security. The main goal was to go undetected from any higher ups and collect your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Have more team building and company involved meetings/get-together's. It's hard to explain value to clients, when you don't feel like your valued by them personally. Also focus more on metrics and less on what time someone left the field, otherwise you eliminate any incentive for employees to work efficiently or care about their numbers pass the quota.

"The company does not treat people well."

Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Sales Partnerships (Less than a year)

Pros

The training program is good, and there is a lot of personal scheduling latitude.
    They have nice offices for their corporate employees.

The pay was a little better than average.

Cons

Every workday is like high noon at the OK Corral. You never know when you will be fired, or for what, if any, reason.

Discrimination is rampant, and if you report it you will be targeted for termination.

They will not honor your negotiated employment agreement. The terms will change within days, and if you complain they will tell you that you should quit.

You may not get paid the commissions due to you. When you earn commissions they will change the criteria so they do not have to pay you.

I was a part of a team that was subject to a racist, misogynist, and anti-semitic rants from the contract employer, and nothing was done to mitigate these hostilities.

Advice to Management

Get with the program.

4. "Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time

Pros

Great work environment for everyone.

Cons

No cons to mention at all.

5. "decent but horrible communication"

Pros

if you have the right manager, no micromanagement. easy job!

Cons

no transparency, no one either knows or is willing to share details with you. simple question of, do we have a job until the end of the year, can't get a straight confident answer. some managers have no business managing. lame hr policies! when the reason why we have an attendance policy, is because other companies have it in place. need i say more?

Advice to Management

think things through and do whats best for your agents! for example, the attendance policy, really? we are getting penalized for having and accruing and using our sick hours!

6. "Wish I could recommend them."

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time

Pros

Some very smart people at the top, they manage to land some impressive contracts with fortune 50 companies. They pay pretty well but.....

Cons

In my 3 years here I saw too many crazy things to count. HR nightmares with healthcare plans, questionable legality hiring and firing staff, sweeping policy changes on a regular basis, management that make itself hard to contact and seldom responds, occasional payroll mistakes, unrealistic performance metrics (likely due to poor management of customer expectations), unstable IT platforms, vague employee safety guidelines etc.

Advice to Management

Try to be less schizophrenic with program goals and metrics. Remember that employees are people, they are not perfect. But some of them, like me are hard working and loyal and deserve better than to be dropped with no warning.

7. "Not somewhere you want to work"

Pros

Some of the people really do care about you.

Cons

The Leadership team is so disorganized. They don't seem to be able to make a decision and move the company forward. I keep hearing from the HR people that I will be able to see my PTO and get my pay stub on line but that still has not happened and I was told it would 8 months ago. One day they tell us to focus on product the next day they tell us to focus on conversations. People get fired for not focusing on the right thing at the right time. Never hear a word from the CEO. It would be great to know who he is even if it was just in an email.

Advice to Management

Try to care about your employees. Studies have shown that if you care about your employees they will care about the client. Don't care about us, why should we care what people think of the client.

Sales Partnerships Response

Jun 5, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your experiences while employed with our company. We value any constructive feedback as a potential opportunity to help improve as a company in all... More

8. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good management and colleagues to work with

Cons

give more PTO days, and have more spotlight on employees

Advice to Management

delegate duties to managers more

"Quality Assurance"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A trip to Denver for training, and meeting some nice people. Unfortunately you will never see them again as most leave the company after a couple months.

Cons

As many have said, the job isn't close to the description given by the recruiter when I was contacted. Extremely high pressure, unreasonable success metrics, and data base problems that contributed to inefficient time management , which leads to poor performance through no fault of the agent. Then there's the constant monitoring of your every move through tracking devices on your phone and iPad, causing unnecessary distrust between management and employees.

Advice to Management

As many have said, treat your employees with respect. Understand that the goals you set every single day may not be attainable through no fault of the agent.

"Quality Assurance Rep"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Representative
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Representative

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is ok for mindless work

Cons

Company doesn't care about employees at all. They fire at will and seemingly with pleasure. There is zero communication from senior leaders and if you do hear anything, it's a policy change packaged with threats for any deviation. I've never seen anything like this place.

Advice to Management

Work on company culture, it's the easiest way to achieve widespread success.