Sales Partnerships Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 15, 2018

1.0
Frederick Kessler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Wonderful client to work with, good people in management, company has endless potential for growth/expansion (in 3 reviews)

• Attempts to treat employees fairly not truly obtained (in 2 reviews)

"Not As Advertised"

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting concept, the science of sales would be applicable if anyone on the leadership team had ever actually been a salesperson

Cons

Commissions will not be paid as promised, poor benefits, very very unskilled leadership team, seems to be more of a pyramid scheme than an actual company

Advice to Management

Not sure, maybe check your moral compass and realize what you are doing is immoral and quasi illegal

2. "Quality Assurance Representative"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Sales Partnerships as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Few, but the direct managers are for the most part good people. Unfortunately they have absolutely no power and are relegated to passing along the idiotic rules and decisions of upper management.

Cons

This will appear to be sour grapes and maybe it is. But all you need to do is read all the awful reviews this company gets from current and previous employees to know there is truth in what I have to say.

I worked for this company for a little more than two years. During that time I was moved to 6 different teams. The job itself was fairly easy, it was the constant badgering by upper management that made it unbearable. We had between 1 to 3 conference calls per week that basically were 15 to 30 minutes of our managers having to pass along to us how disappointed upper management was with our collective performance. Nothing was ever good enough for upper management and every week their was a new issue that we were told you could be terminated for. They also have an extremely annoying blanket management style, where they would rarely call any single person out for doing things wrong but instead would accuse everyone of doing whatever it was they didn't like but were vague in expressing what it was anyone was doing that was wrong. Argh
    Every person, no matter how hard you worked always felt like they were on the verge of losing their jobs.

We had a meeting telling us that the contract had been extended through 2018. Then two weeks later I get a call telling me I was being laid off along with the other Indiana rep. 3 weeks later I get a message via Monster.com stating that based on my resume I might be a good fit for the same job I had been laid off for. Of course it was now paying $15,000 a year less. Not sure that's legal?

The HR department appears to be permanently distracted. They never have their facts straight and are perpetually unprepared. The training for new hires is two days of information crammed into a week.

When my mother passed away I asked how many days I would get for bereavement. The answer was none. When I had to go to the emergency room for a kidney stone the Friday before Labor Day weekend and sent them a letter from the ER Physician I was told I still would not be paid holiday pay for Labor day.

In short, this is the worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Treat people better. Just because you all are terrible people does not mean your employees are too.

"Quality Assurance Field Agent"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Field Agent
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Field Agent

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a job that pays pretty good.

Cons

It's a job that pays pretty good, until you realize what you have gotten yourself into. My role was working as a field agent visiting small business accounts that were actively accepting or not accepting AMEX from their customers. Doing the job for me was actually fine and I enjoyed meeting with business owners for a few minutes and learning about what they did if time permitted and then executing the purpose for the visit. Immediate supervisor/monitor has zero authority and is only there to communicate silly policies rolled out by upper management that could have otherwise been covered in an email. Every person in our region working over 6 months were deflated and felt unappreciated. In a nutshell, they treat the field agents like small children with GPS tracking, point system for taking actual accrued sick days because you did not give a 3 day notice telling them you would be sick “I kid you not!” There are some good people in different areas within the company but in my experience, the weirdness, disorganization and mix messages start somewhere up top. I worked with integrity, had no quality control issues and suffered through recycled records that were duplicates and closed accounts. Morale is non-existent and they will openly lie to your face to get what they want out of you.

Advice to Management

It starts with upper management. Go learn real leadership training from people like Dr John Maxwell, Ken Blanchard etc. and act on it. From there, hire managers that have experience managing people and let them manage!

"Quality Assurance Agent"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*The paycheck clears.

*Everything you need to do the job is provided. (shirts, badge, ipad, iphone, marketing materials, supplies.

Cons

Incredible micromanagement. GPS monitoring
    Managers have no authority
    You are completely expendable and management treats you that way.

Advice to Management

Invest in better technology.
    Treat people the way you would want to be treated.

"Most unprofessional company I have encountered."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job was straight forward and easy until muddled by management.

Cons

No transparency or integrity. After months in the top 15 in the company. I was 'written up' on a 'customer complaint' which was totally unfounded and even my direct manager investigated and told them that was not the case. Then the director called me on the phone to tell me that he removed the write up and then followed up with another call with HR to say he heard I had told someone about it and they would let me go if I told anyone because it makes him look bad. (I did not) Then he called back a few weeks later (on my personal line) and had a fellow employee on a three-way call and discussed it freely in front of another employee. So I can't tell anyone the write up was removed but he can discuss my personal business with a fellow employee on the line?! It was ridiculous.
    They kept changing everything in the job description constantly and were never clear.
    Never given the raises we were promised after 6 months. And when asked they said they were not going to give raises anymore. And they seemed to get upset when asked. They do not like questions.
    They spend more time trying to find a way to micromanage their employees than just letting or helping them be successful.

Advice to Management

I really think you should have a better training program for your upper level management. They are out of touch and running the program into the ground by not appreciating their employees and understanding that the majority of the employees are actually working very hard to make them look good. If you want a revolving door of warm bodies, keep doing what you're doing. If you want top notch employees, wake up and have your managers focus on keeping employees happy, appreciated and motivated instead of just negativity and threats or the 'if you don't like it you can find a new job' attitude.

"The company does not treat people well."

Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Sales Partnerships (Less than a year)

Pros

The training program is good, and there is a lot of personal scheduling latitude.
    They have nice offices for their corporate employees.

The pay was a little better than average.

Cons

Every workday is like high noon at the OK Corral. You never know when you will be fired, or for what, if any, reason.

Discrimination is rampant, and if you report it you will be targeted for termination.

They will not honor your negotiated employment agreement. The terms will change within days, and if you complain they will tell you that you should quit.

You may not get paid the commissions due to you. When you earn commissions they will change the criteria so they do not have to pay you.

I was a part of a team that was subject to a racist, misogynist, and anti-semitic rants from the contract employer, and nothing was done to mitigate these hostilities.

Advice to Management

Get with the program.

"Don't Work For this Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sales Partnerships (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros.

Cons

To much turn over, Can't have a Career with SPI.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO, He has no Clue of his management Staff's or maybe it on him.

8. "decent but horrible communication"

Pros

if you have the right manager, no micromanagement. easy job!

Cons

no transparency, no one either knows or is willing to share details with you. simple question of, do we have a job until the end of the year, can't get a straight confident answer. some managers have no business managing. lame hr policies! when the reason why we have an attendance policy, is because other companies have it in place. need i say more?

Advice to Management

think things through and do whats best for your agents! for example, the attendance policy, really? we are getting penalized for having and accruing and using our sick hours!

9. "Wish I could recommend them."

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time

Pros

Some very smart people at the top, they manage to land some impressive contracts with fortune 50 companies. They pay pretty well but.....

Cons

In my 3 years here I saw too many crazy things to count. HR nightmares with healthcare plans, questionable legality hiring and firing staff, sweeping policy changes on a regular basis, management that make itself hard to contact and seldom responds, occasional payroll mistakes, unrealistic performance metrics (likely due to poor management of customer expectations), unstable IT platforms, vague employee safety guidelines etc.

Advice to Management

Try to be less schizophrenic with program goals and metrics. Remember that employees are people, they are not perfect. But some of them, like me are hard working and loyal and deserve better than to be dropped with no warning.

10. "Not somewhere you want to work"

Pros

Some of the people really do care about you.

Cons

The Leadership team is so disorganized. They don't seem to be able to make a decision and move the company forward. I keep hearing from the HR people that I will be able to see my PTO and get my pay stub on line but that still has not happened and I was told it would 8 months ago. One day they tell us to focus on product the next day they tell us to focus on conversations. People get fired for not focusing on the right thing at the right time. Never hear a word from the CEO. It would be great to know who he is even if it was just in an email.

Advice to Management

Try to care about your employees. Studies have shown that if you care about your employees they will care about the client. Don't care about us, why should we care what people think of the client.

Sales Partnerships Response

Jun 5, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your experiences while employed with our company. We value any constructive feedback as a potential opportunity to help improve as a company in all... More