Sales Partnerships Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 11, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frederick Kessler

Pros
  • SPI is a great place to work with a family feel (in 4 reviews)

• Attempts to treat employees fairly not truly obtained (in 2 reviews)

"Quality Assurance"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A trip to Denver for training, and meeting some nice people. Unfortunately you will never see them again as most leave the company after a couple months.

Cons

As many have said, the job isn't close to the description given by the recruiter when I was contacted. Extremely high pressure, unreasonable success metrics, and data base problems that contributed to inefficient time management , which leads to poor performance through no fault of the agent. Then there's the constant monitoring of your every move through tracking devices on your phone and iPad, causing unnecessary distrust between management and employees.

Advice to Management

As many have said, treat your employees with respect. Understand that the goals you set every single day may not be attainable through no fault of the agent.

"RUN FAR RUN FAST DO NOT LOOK BACK"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary is ok, though they do not follow through on promised increases after 60 days and they do not pay mileage as stated.

Cons

There are so many, I will attempt to be as succinct as possible while being as thorough as possible. First, I do warn you not to be taken in by the glowing reviews of this company. The CEO and management team routinely enter good review to make the company appear employment worthy. Overall this company is unethical. It amazes me that they have clients who fall prey to their way of bending the rules. They will send you to training and discuss how careful they have to be to protect the "PII" of the accounts you visit and state how important it is to them to maintain personal information in a secure manner yet colleagues of mine in Florida had to send images of their driver's license and social security card via e-mail to a payroll company that they had had to secure at the last minute because they lost their workman's comp insurance. This was after Human Resources at training took pictures of their identification on their cell phones. They tell you that the contract is good for a year, however they bring people on ONLY when they are behind in achieving the numbers they need to meet their contracts for their clients and then do massive layoffs. Essentially there will only be one or two of the people from your training class left in a couple months. It amazes me that their client who is trying so hard to get market share back in their industry and prides themselves on being an ethical and forthright company to the point that they do not want their logos on adult clubs or gun shops continues to do business with them. While they say that you are a 9-5 job you are required to log in to the system before attend multiple weekly meetings before and after work hours and then necessary daily planning that deteriorates your personal time. They have no respect for employees and let them go religiously without cause. The managers train you to bend the rules as they have been trained by upper management to do. They will not reimburse you for reasonable work related expenses or for the expenses you incur when traveling to training. You are expected and required to buy necessary items to do your job out of your own pocket such as scrapers and window cleaning supplies, This is a temporary job. They will not keep you on long term. They frequently change how things are done randomly change what they hold you accountable for and will use and abuse you. Please do not waste your time with this company.

Advice to Management

Your management team lacks true leadership and quality. I would recommend replacing 95% of the staff. Your ethical and moral standards are pathetic. Your human resources department is so backwards it is not funny. The company needs to be placed in the hands of skilled leaders who could actually grow the company instead of having to regularly having to scramble to attempt to meet contractual promises.

"Good Pay**Benefits = Horrible**Micro Managed*Unprofessional*Would NOT recommend."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Midwest, WY
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Midwest, WY

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay & that's about it. Recruiters were good. Not much else to say. I could do this job in my sleep.

Cons

Benefits were so expensive, you could take a job for over 18K less a year & come out ahead bc the benefits were so pricey. Didn't pay on time. Micro managed & tracked every second of the day-treat you like a child. Training was a waste of time, they could have covered everything in 2 hours that took them 5 days to do. I honestly don't know how or why Amex would want this company representing them.

Advice to Management

Treat with respect. Better benefits.

"company has no direction"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pay. lots of freedom

Cons

management sucks. too much corporate politics. company has no direction

Jan 20, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Sales Partnerships, Inc. I am glad you enjoyed the "Pros" you listed. I also respect your opinion regarding the "Cons" you expressed. We are always ... More

"Run from these guys!"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a third party as an outsourced sales team and delivering results to them. Definitely fun to build your own successful program despite fighting the negativity from upper management.

Cons

Owners are less than truthful across the board, and consistently skew compensation towards company and away from sales representatives leading to overall declining employee morale.

Advice to Management

Replace the owners with leaders that are trustworthy and have some integrity. Do not change compensation at every possible juncture to cap commissions despite verbal commitments that there are no caps on commissions.

Jul 29, 2016 – CEO

Please contact us directly and we'll be happy to respond. There are no caps on variable compensation for any program with SPI that has variable compensation - please use my notes here as ... More

"Poor Commissions at Quota, Tracked Hourly via Phone, No Health Benefits"

Current Employee - Outside Sales, Energy Program in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales, Energy Program in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time

Pros

It may sound like sour grapes, but their aren't many. I have been very successful with SPI, but the situation has deteriorated rapidly in the last year. You will receive a base salary, and commissions (albeit meager). This is an adequate introduction to outside sales for recent college grads while they are still looking for a more promising, and permanent career.

Cons

- No medical benefits
    - Commissions for commercial energy are woeful. At quota, best case scenario $600 under current client agreement.
    - Unsatisfactory auto allowance
    - Tracked hourly on your company phone
    - Accountable to a daily quota
    - Director has never actively been accountable for a quota, or managed a territory
    - Amount of pressure to perform is not justified by compensation.

Advice to Management

Sales Director lacks comprehensive understanding of energy market.

My advice for the energy program would be, instead of W2 employees, use independent contractors. This would eliminate overhead on salaries and tracking technology.

Salaries should be commensurate with current COL in different markets, and reflective of experience in industry.

Apr 8, 2014 – CEO

This review is flatly untrue. We offer medical benefits - perhaps the rep in question was referring to switching to a new provider but, like most companies, we switch from provider to provider every ... More

"Not very organized and poor management"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work independent, with unlimited commissions.

Cons

Only pay once a month, small travel expense no way near what it will cost you. High turnover, poor training

Advice to Management

Get organized and take care of your employees.

Apr 8, 2014 – CEO

Pay is broken into mid-month and end of month. Travel allowances vary from program to program - the more travel that is expected, the higher the allowance. Our turnover rates are 1/4 the industry ... More

"The managers are rude and they are fake."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Even though we were tracked by our BB the managers didn't ride along with the reps very often. They just sat in the office and looked on the computer to track us. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy....

Cons

Huge turnover of new sale representative. They should give all new reps a learning curve and not fire them 1 week after training.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little bit nicer to your sales representative. Managers are not helpful at all. All they want is to torture you. This place will not last much longer.

"Quality Assurance Rep"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Representative
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Representative

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is ok for mindless work

Cons

Company doesn't care about employees at all. They fire at will and seemingly with pleasure. There is zero communication from senior leaders and if you do hear anything, it's a policy change packaged with threats for any deviation. I've never seen anything like this place.

Advice to Management

Work on company culture, it's the easiest way to achieve widespread success.

"BEWARE!!!! Take the offer if it is your only option."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Sales Partnerships as a contractor

Pros

Always paid on time and the agreed upon salary. Job was almost 100% in the field. I had two managers both who were excellent.

Cons

The company has no vested interest in their employees. Most of this work is contract based so the employees are disposable assets. This company has absolutely no clue which direction they are heading. In my program, they celebrated the tremendous success of our effort by doubling the national workforce in November only to start the first round of layoffs at the beginning of February (3 months later). Our managers are completely left in the dark and the reps are given empty promise after empty promise. There is a major disconnect between what is happening in the corporate office and what is communicated out in the field. Every rep I spoke with had the same issues. This is not a good job but will pay the bills temporarily. I recommend you steer clear because they will cut your throat and not think twice about it.

As far as benefits are concerned, you will accrue 1/2 day every month. At the end of a full year, if you do not take any days off, you will have 6 days to use in the future.

Everyday you will be required to send in a notice that you have begun your day, report midday numbers, and end of day numbers. Every stop will be time stamped and reviewed by a quality assurance team. You will have conference calls three times a week and you will have periodic manager ride alongs.

Advice to Management

Get out before it's too late and you get kicked to the curb.

As far as upper management, I believe there is a small group of people that are responsible for the majority of the poor decisions. Unfortunately, these are the decision makers. My advice would be, at the minimum, to be honest and moderately transparent with your employees. At the maximum, fire yourselves.