Sales Partnerships Reviews | Glassdoor

Sales Partnerships Reviews

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frederick Kessler

Pros
  • SPI is a great place to work with a family feel (in 4 reviews)

• Attempts to treat employees fairly not truly obtained (in 2 reviews)

Cons

"QA Agent. Great, growing company!! Loads of potential"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation plan for work load, requirements. Wonderful client to work with, good people in management, company has endless potential for growth/expansion. Truly inspiring CEO!!

Cons

Challenges indicative of growing pains, less accountability then would be ideal, somewhat reactionary with program changes and client needs/wants. Little or no opportunity to increase compensation based on performance (salary only, no bonus/commission opportunity in this program)

Advice to Management

Most companies over manage and have too many "chiefs" in touch with the "troops"
    I would say the opposite is true here, other then client interaction/training, 99% of contact is with direct/immediate supervisor. Perception as a result is that manager is only one able to provide feedback or opportunities for growth in company or even within specific client program.

2. "Great company - thank you!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Westminster, CO

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time

Pros

Mason is a hands-off kind of boss. He tells you what is expected of you and for the job, then lets you do it. He expects you to be responsible and do your job without constant supervision. I appreciate that! He is also very positive, supportive and helpful. His door was always open and he made time for everyone - answering questions, going over reports, teaching, helping. He also constantly provided snacks, treats and lunches. "What do you need? How can I support you?" I heard that often I so appreciated that kind of attitude from a boss. If another position opened up, I return in a heartbeat!

Cons

We were on a project that had to get done in a hurry. The first couple days of training were hectic and we didn't get all the information we needed right up front, and there wasn't follow up to make sure we all knew everything we needed. It got filled in, just not right away.

Advice to Management

When training, provide all the information your staff needs to do their job correctly right in the beginning, then follow up to make sure they really do know what they are doing.

3. "Recruiting and QA field rep"

Current Employee - Recruiting Team/QA Field Representative in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiting Team/QA Field Representative in Westminster, CO

Pros

First and foremost the people I have worked with have been great. I have worked in the main office and out in the field, both of which have allowed me the opportunity to work with other positive, hard-working, friendly individuals. The opportunity to grow is there if you work hard and apply yourself.

Cons

These positions in my opinion haven't really had any cons that you wouldn't face from any other job, nothing out of the ordinary.

"Reply to bogus May 2, 2016 review - From the REAL Project Manager!"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I find it unconscionable and cowardly for someone to post an incredibly negative review of not just a company but also to attack the people there personally and then to fraudulently use a title they no doubt do not have the capacity to ever attain.
    I was the Program Manager in the Dallas, TX location.
    Sales Partnerships, Inc. provides very lucrative positions for people just starting out in their sales careers as well as the more tenured reps a true selling environment in which they can make the money and have the freedom they may have had in a different career path. They also provide a process and training that has been proven over time and through many different industries.
    Compensation and commissions are ALWAYS explained in detail to each sales person who accepts a position. If sales people are later disgruntled with their commissions, they should take a good, hard look at themselves before blaming the structure that was explained to them from the beginning of employment. I can attest that commission changes do happen but are driven by the client and every time without fail, the employees are informed of the change. If they do not like the change, they are of course free to leave if they feel it is not in their best interest to stay.
    SPI is an organization that prides itself on creating a compensation plan that TRUE sales professionals love. It is truly uncapped for those that put in the work and do not find excuses and/or blame the company for their own shortcomings. Those that work hard and perform not only make a very good living but SPI also provides avenues for upward mobility for those that choose to follow that path. Not many companies truly provide both!
    The process and theory behind the success of SPI was the genesis of the CEO but I will tell you that without the key people in the Director and HR positions, the theory and process would be just that. HR finds the correct people and the Directors are the key relationship drivers with the managers and the clients alike to attain success for everyone involved.

Cons

Every company, no matter how successful, large or small has opportunities for improvement. SPI is no different. Things may have changed but when I was with the company I believe one such opportunity at SPI was that there seems to be a disconnect that flips the true ideals of a sales organization. What I mean is that the 'tail wags the dog' sometimes. Instead of those that are experts at the sales piece of the operation take a back seat to IT/Operations.
    Decisions that are made by IT/Operations are made without having an idea if they will practically integrate with those who are driving business and revenue, the sales division.

Advice to Management

Remember to trust those you put into the director and manager roles and allow them to add their thoughts to how any changes proposed by IT/Operations might effect the sales organization before they are implemented. Just a small peek behind the curtain for those that drive revenue and sales. I believe it will promote trust and teamwork.

5. "The company that plays as hard as it works."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SPI is a great place to work with a family feel. SPI also maintains a high level of productively while maintaining the title of ‘Top Outsourced Sales Company in America’ by the Stevie Awards in 2016.

Cons

One of the few issues at SPI is that because it’s a small company there is an expectation that every employee has to be responsible for their own work and time management. There is a feeling at SPI that no one can do it along and everyone must chick in for the company to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Fred Kessler, the President of SPI, was nominated for ‘Sales Chief Executive of the Year’ in 2016. This is because Fred is the backbone of SPI with his enthusiasm and long term vision.

6. "Sales Guns for Hire - Project Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Sales Partnerships full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good inside sales calling environment, benefits and base salaries negotiated for each sales project. Excellent team of co-workers and sales floor management. It is inside sales, you have to be able to dial the phone and close business.

Cons

In a sales project oriented business, there is constant change because projects come and go. Sales strategies were typically undefined and had to be developed during the project start up leading to high turnover.

Advice to Management

In general senior management was good, however, they should be more open to input from the subordinates. Also, occasional conflict between senior partners leaked out to the sales team causing issues.

"Working at SPI"

Pros

The company just like any has its quarks but overall is a great place to work and all the employees here are very easy to get along with. I am happy here but I've never been one to want to stay somewhere where I can't move up as quickly as I would like to.

Cons

It is a somewhat small company and for that the opportunity for advancement isn't what I would like it to be. It can also be said that they don't have that much turn over so maybe thats part of why the opportunity isn't there.

Advice to Management

Try to incorporate all the employees more in what is going on with the company to help them feel more like a part of the company then just a section of the company.