SalesLoft Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
SalesLoft CEO Kyle Porter
Kyle Porter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Strong adherence to company culture and core values (in 13 reviews)

• I love going to work each day and helping the team succeed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • We are growing so fast (from 5 to 25 in 8 months) we need more all-stars (in 5 reviews)

• Be willing to deal with start-up growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. "#1 Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SalesLoft has provided me with all the opportunities to become the professional I want to be. It is a culture built on top of a high performing team, that is building a product that truly serves our customer.

Work/Life balance isn't an issue at SalesLoft. The culture here is conducive to how people really work. I have never felt like there has been an expectation of me to come in an work hard between the hours of 9-5. The organization is truly focused on results.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, if you aren't used to changing directions fast, this could pose an issue.

2. "Review"

Current Employee - Director PMO
    Current Employee - Director PMO

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SalesLoft has been one of my greatest work experiences! I love going to work each day and helping the team succeed. There is a strong orientation toward organizational health and this intentional effort toward culture has created a company with a purpose!

Cons

Doing great --- keep up the focus on culture

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"It feels like a privilege to work here"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They only hire A players. You will be challenged to do your best work because your teammates will be A players that take care to do their best work.

My boss has high expectations and expects me to consistently turn in great work. While at the same time, it is a super high-trust environment. So if I can't deliver something as soon as expected, my boss trusts that I worked as hard and fast as anyone in my position could have done. Instead of giving me a hard time about it, he would ask what he could have done to better enable me to succeed. This creates a cycle where I don't want to take advantage of how good SalesLoft has been to me, so I keep working hard and giving my best. People who don't treat this as a win-win relationship and try to operate on a win-lose paradigm generally don't get through the interview process, and if they did they would either change or get fired, so it's not an ongoing problem.

As a software engineer, I am expected to regularly take time out of my workday to learn new things that will make me better at my job. I get to choose what I learn, I just need to write up the key takeaways.

I have trust in the leadership. Almost every company has great values written down, at SalesLoft they actually live by their values and keep coming back to make sure that it is part of the daily culture here.

It is really nice to work for a company that is winning at executing their business plan. They can successfully turn my month of work into tons more value than an average company, this ends up giving me a lot of joy and energy.

Cons

It is going so well, for the business on paper, and for the culture of the employees, this means that we all have a lot to lose, and if we ever did it would really hurt.

If someone was looking to just clock in and out, to collect a paycheck at the end of the month, it would not work here.

Advice to Management

You have kept pushing yourself to run SalesLoft better than 99.9% of the companies out there. And truly wrestling with what that means, not just cracking the whip and asking for "MORE" short-term gains at the expense of living healthy lives with margin. Keep going, never settle, never coast.

"Best place to work in Atlanta"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High trust environment where problems don't get swept under the rug. Hyper growth startup getting to tackle and experience things you just can't find at larger companies. Strong sense of community and pride in Atlanta. Fun people, never a dull moment. Everyone is extremely nice while still holding each other accountable.

Cons

Definitely not for everyone, if you don't like being challenged and getting better at what you do it probably won't work out. Lots of very high performers which can be intimidating at first.

"Awesome place to learn and grow"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the learning culture of SalesLoft. I feel like the company is committed to my growth as a professional.

Cons

SalesLoft is growing and maturing rapidly, it requires a good bit of flexibility with your roles and projects. The diversity of opportunity is something I really enjoy, but I can see how it wouldn't be a perfect fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

I feel like SalesLoft's investment in its employees skills and happiness will pay huge dividends in the long run. Keep up the good work!

"Could be great, but..."

I worked at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

Awesome start up environment that is very appealing to recent grads. Lots of fun events and a cool office. Great "team" atmosphere. The CEO is a really genuine, stand up guy.

Cons

They literally hire just to fire. During my time there I saw so many people get let go of for absolutely no reason at all. During the hiring process they boast that the management is supportive and here to help you "grow," but if you start out as a recent graduate and are not KILLING your numbers as an SDR right out of the gate, they have no problem firing you with no explanation and no warning at all. Even if you are clearly putting in the work and improving, they won't even discuss your progress or problems with you. Also, they expect insane hours in the office. If you're not working 7-7, you're seen as lazy.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and don't treat them as so disposable. The job of an SDR is extremely difficult. You hire recent grads, lure them in with the "fun startup environment" and tell them they're gonna learn and grow so much, and at the slightest sign of struggle, you let them go. Your employees are people with bills and financial obligations. To fire without warning is one thing, but don't tote the fact you're a "family" and then turn around and do the opposite. A lot of the SDRs fired during my time here had issues that could have easily been improved on if management had just taken the time to actually discuss them with the employees.

SalesLoft Response

Jul 3, 2017 – CEO

Hi former Lofter. Thank you for taking the time to put this review together. As CEO, it's important that our people are heard. It's the only way to get better. I wish it would have been under... More

7. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The culture and the people you surround yourself with daily are the #1 value to this business.
    - If you are looking to learn and be challenged, this is the place for you. I am a little hesitant to change but the fast paced nature of this organization has made my skin thicker and truly helped to elevate my career.
    - Management is super transparent in sharing our long term goals, revenue goals, where we could improve, and also giving praise and recognition when it's deserved.

Cons

We could use more diversity on the leadership team and throughout the organization.

8. "Awesome Culture in Fast-Paced Growth Sales Enablement Industry"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture - this does not mean beer at work, flex hours etc. Yes that happens and SalesLoft is fun, but culture is deeper than that. It's more about the values we have and how we can accomplish our organization goals and take care of the team at the same time.

Awesome Leadership - Kyle and Rob are very transparent. During fundraising, business obstacles, industry changes, etc they are very open. We have a weekly all-hands meeting where you can ask any question.

Leadership takes feedback and makes changes - we have a tool to send feedback internally and make suggestions for improvement. Leadership has implemented several changes that have been suggested. Amazing to see their support and caring.

Fun time to be at SalesLoft - this is an ultra, high growth start-up. It's rare to be at a company that is scaling at the rate we are. Just being here you are learning more about business and operations than you would at a more established company.

Cons

Be willing to deal with start-up growing pains. Your job and role could change rapidly.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on culture and values - this will be important as we keep growing. The company wide events are fun as well and a great way to get to know each other better. Don't let our growth slow down things like this.

9. "10 out of 10 would recommend to a friend"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

Best place to work!

Cons

None I could ever think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "From Corporate to Startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

-Every day I work with super NICE people. Not the fake nice, but the genuine nice.

-The founders care about the employees. They want to see you grow personally and professionally. They want you to know what's going on with the company. They want you to come to work happy, be happy about the work you do, be happy at work, and be excited to come back to work. Basically, you'll be happy here.

-The workplace culture is protected like it's a baby. The founders are serious about having non-toxic people in the office. If you have an attitude, an ego, don't care for others, etc. then don't waste your time applying here. This place is full of giving, serving, and helpful people.

-Your work is valuable and is recognized as such. You may not receive a "Good Job" certificate weekly, but your leads are paying attention and will tell you.

-The founders randomly cook breakfast for the company. It's not a half done breakfast either.

-There's just an atmosphere of positivity here.

-You have the freedom to develop your career here. Being a company of less than 150 employees, there are so many opportunities to tap into or create.

-SalesLoft wants to impact the local community and will support.

-Come to work hungry for success.

-The company core values are values you can implement into your own life.

-Every one here understands that your life is more important than your job.

Cons

-You will gain weight if you don't work out. There are tons of free snacks and drinks here. Every Tuesday we have a delicious, catered lunch. Once a week your department will buy you lunch.

Advice to Management

Please continue on the path you all have created.