SalesLoft Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
SalesLoft CEO Kyle Porter
Kyle Porter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Strong adherence to company culture and core values (in 13 reviews)

• and the benefits/work life balance are Greatest while winning big (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • We are growing so fast (from 5 to 25 in 8 months) we need more all-stars (in 5 reviews)

• Be willing to deal with start-up growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excited to Go to Work Every Morning"

Current Employee - UI Engineer
    Current Employee - UI Engineer

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very bright people, obviously, but more important than that they are NICE people. They're not pushovers, and they work hard, but I am so happy to finally find a software shop with positively minded people. The culture is safeguarded to the point that you will never have to worry about working with "Toxic but Talented" coworkers again.
    - Pretty high quality code, very smart software engineers with small egos, and specifically in my experience some incredibly talented UI developers who write CSS that makes me cry tears of joy
    - Very competitive compensation. I was worried that SalesLoft would be my lowest offer because of how great the culture seems, but they actually turned out to be one of the highest.
    - Slim upper management team in Engineering who are very responsive, genuinely involved in everyday work, and a good example of leading from the front lines instead of shouting orders from the back.
    - A realistic focus on revenue and making money. Too many startups are obsessed with getting funding, but once they get it they have no idea how to turn that into a product that consistently brings in revenue to remove the need for more funding. That is not the case at SL, and there is a lot of focus on actually making money and keeping the ship afloat.
    - You can make an immediate impact to the product in your first few days. I was writing code by day 3, and by my second week I pushed something to Master and had my work show up on the product. The level of productivity is infectious, and I am once again excited to show up at work and craft the best product I'm capable of creating.

Cons

- If you are a developer with a large ego, a pessimistic grumpy attitude, or like to work in a silo by yourself for months at a time, you probably won't enjoy SalesLoft. It's a unique development shop, and it's probably not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees, and keep up the customer focused mindset!

2. "Awesome place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the learning culture of SalesLoft. I feel like the company is committed to my growth as a professional.

Cons

SalesLoft is growing and maturing rapidly, it requires a good bit of flexibility with your roles and projects. The diversity of opportunity is something I really enjoy, but I can see how it wouldn't be a perfect fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

I feel like SalesLoft's investment in its employees skills and happiness will pay huge dividends in the long run. Keep up the good work!

"Could be great, but..."

I worked at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

Awesome start up environment that is very appealing to recent grads. Lots of fun events and a cool office. Great "team" atmosphere. The CEO is a really genuine, stand up guy.

Cons

They literally hire just to fire. During my time there I saw so many people get let go of for absolutely no reason at all. During the hiring process they boast that the management is supportive and here to help you "grow," but if you start out as a recent graduate and are not KILLING your numbers as an SDR right out of the gate, they have no problem firing you with no explanation and no warning at all. Even if you are clearly putting in the work and improving, they won't even discuss your progress or problems with you. Also, they expect insane hours in the office. If you're not working 7-7, you're seen as lazy.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and don't treat them as so disposable. The job of an SDR is extremely difficult. You hire recent grads, lure them in with the "fun startup environment" and tell them they're gonna learn and grow so much, and at the slightest sign of struggle, you let them go. Your employees are people with bills and financial obligations. To fire without warning is one thing, but don't tote the fact you're a "family" and then turn around and do the opposite. A lot of the SDRs fired during my time here had issues that could have easily been improved on if management had just taken the time to actually discuss them with the employees.

SalesLoft Response

Jul 3, 2017 – CEO

Hi former Lofter. Thank you for taking the time to put this review together. As CEO, it's important that our people are heard. It's the only way to get better. I wish it would have been under... More

4. "Awesome Culture in Fast-Paced Growth Sales Enablement Industry"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture - this does not mean beer at work, flex hours etc. Yes that happens and SalesLoft is fun, but culture is deeper than that. It's more about the values we have and how we can accomplish our organization goals and take care of the team at the same time.

Awesome Leadership - Kyle and Rob are very transparent. During fundraising, business obstacles, industry changes, etc they are very open. We have a weekly all-hands meeting where you can ask any question.

Leadership takes feedback and makes changes - we have a tool to send feedback internally and make suggestions for improvement. Leadership has implemented several changes that have been suggested. Amazing to see their support and caring.

Fun time to be at SalesLoft - this is an ultra, high growth start-up. It's rare to be at a company that is scaling at the rate we are. Just being here you are learning more about business and operations than you would at a more established company.

Cons

Be willing to deal with start-up growing pains. Your job and role could change rapidly.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on culture and values - this will be important as we keep growing. The company wide events are fun as well and a great way to get to know each other better. Don't let our growth slow down things like this.

5. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The culture and the people you surround yourself with daily are the #1 value to this business.
    - If you are looking to learn and be challenged, this is the place for you. I am a little hesitant to change but the fast paced nature of this organization has made my skin thicker and truly helped to elevate my career.
    - Management is super transparent in sharing our long term goals, revenue goals, where we could improve, and also giving praise and recognition when it's deserved.

Cons

We could use more diversity on the leadership team and throughout the organization.

6. "10 out of 10 would recommend to a friend"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

Best place to work!

Cons

None I could ever think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

7. "From Corporate to Startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

-Every day I work with super NICE people. Not the fake nice, but the genuine nice.

-The founders care about the employees. They want to see you grow personally and professionally. They want you to know what's going on with the company. They want you to come to work happy, be happy about the work you do, be happy at work, and be excited to come back to work. Basically, you'll be happy here.

-The workplace culture is protected like it's a baby. The founders are serious about having non-toxic people in the office. If you have an attitude, an ego, don't care for others, etc. then don't waste your time applying here. This place is full of giving, serving, and helpful people.

-Your work is valuable and is recognized as such. You may not receive a "Good Job" certificate weekly, but your leads are paying attention and will tell you.

-The founders randomly cook breakfast for the company. It's not a half done breakfast either.

-There's just an atmosphere of positivity here.

-You have the freedom to develop your career here. Being a company of less than 150 employees, there are so many opportunities to tap into or create.

-SalesLoft wants to impact the local community and will support.

-Come to work hungry for success.

-The company core values are values you can implement into your own life.

-Every one here understands that your life is more important than your job.

Cons

-You will gain weight if you don't work out. There are tons of free snacks and drinks here. Every Tuesday we have a delicious, catered lunch. Once a week your department will buy you lunch.

Advice to Management

Please continue on the path you all have created.

8. "The key to building a billion dollar company is a great culture"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having been at a company that went from $0 when I started to an $80M run rate when I left I can definitively say the #1 reason we did it in such a short time was the corporate culture that the CEO built and was able to scale well as the company grew. Kyle and the senior management team has done a fantastic job of creating what I see as a similar culture at SalesLoft. It isn't job lip service either, everyone from Kyle and Rob down to even the most recent hires do everything they can to live the company values are not only reinforced at our company all-hands meeting but continually spotlighted from one-on-ones to Slack. It is refreshing to be a part of something that so many companies try to create but are rarely able to execute on.

If you are interviewing, ask anyone you talk to about what the culture is like and what the company values are. Ask yourself if that is something you would be able to subscribe to and live with day in and day out because that is what it will be like to work at SalesLoft. You're going to work hard but you are also going to be rewarded with the opportunity to work with some of the best people in the industry that are on the way to building the next billion dollar software company.

Cons

The company is experiencing growing pains so some teams are short staffed and the strain shows when you're trying to move fast to get things done.

Advice to Management

Engage everyone on your team as you go through your decision making process. As we grow, continue to take the time to have meaningful discussions and demonstrate you take the input of others as important. Bring both positives and negatives to the table. There is nothing worse than hearing only potentially negative items from a senior manager when you happen to engage with them. Positive reinforcement, as long as it's sincere and warranted, is an important counterbalance.

Do whatever you need to do to scale our culture as we grow. It is the number one thing that will make this company a legend once we hit the magical billion dollar valuation.

9. "This is the best job I've ever had."

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

I am truly grateful to be a part of this team. Every day is a new challenge. I am continuing to learn and grow my skills.

Cons

There are growing pains with taking a start up to new heights. It's not always easy. Don't join this company unless you want to work harder than you've ever worked before.

Advice to Management

Take the time to consider options in hiring decisions. We will cannot hire only people we already know and still expect greater levels of diversity to happen.

10. "Rocketship"

I have been working at SalesLoft full-time

Pros

You start growing from day one. There hasn't been a week since I started that I haven't felt challenged in a healthy way. The team is amazing, and crushing it.

Cons

From what I know compensation is pretty average for Atlanta tech startups. That is definitely offset by the untracked PTO, monthly team outings, abundant snacks and drinks.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!