Salesforce Reviews in New York, NY | Glassdoor

New York, NY

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands (in 162 reviews)

• Fast paced, expect to be held to quota every month (in 90 reviews)

1. "Business Development Representative Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Salesforce for approximately one month and I can honestly say it's the best career decision that I've ever made. From day one everyone has been extremely friendly and accommodating to ensure that you are successful and welcomed.

My interview process was smooth from day one as the recruiter, Ashley-Rose, was extremely diligent in followup, communication, and process from day one... I can't say enough good things about her during the interview stages. She even maintained communication once I started to ensure I was settling in smoothly.

Cons

The only con is the fast pace of the environment... not necessarily a con, but it is easy to fall behind if you don't prioritize your time.

2. "Salesforce RCG Vertical"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ground changing company growing at an unprecedented rate. Smart intelligence people willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Cons

Lack of professional leadership, integrity, and Salesforce core values within the NYC East Coast office. AVP manages through draconian tactics.

Advice to Management

Changing of the guards at the AVP East level before additional managers and staff leave. A mass exodus of critical staff is looming.

Salesforce Response

Apr 17, 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. The management behaviors you describe go against our values and what we expect of our leaders. We would like to learn more, so we can directly ... More

3. "Fast paced, challenging, good people"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of super smart product, marketing and engineering folks. Good culture--people really believe in the mission. Pay and benefits are top notch. Company has grown through acquisition, but has gotten efficient at integration.

Cons

Adherence to G Suite for office software is annoying, and big company meeting culture inhibits ability to get important work done.

Advice to Management

Work more, meet less. Employees and shareholders will benefit. But overall great job.

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

Good atmosphere. Hard workers and fun people to be around

Cons

Hours are long. Could be more flexible with work life balance and family time.

Advice to Management

Listen more to associate needs.

6. "Best company I have ever worked for. Period."

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Surrounded by top talent, technology, and management
    - Benefits are best in the industry (Including time off for parents and 401k Matching)
    - Leadership is focused on growing not only the business, but the culture as well.
    - People are great here. You can easily foster lifelong relationships with peers and management.

Cons

- Lengthy process to move from rep to management if that is the desired track.

7. "A good place but not perfect"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

paid volunteer time off, good benefits, company does good in the world and community

Cons

not a lot of transparency, CEO brings politics into the workplace.

Advice to Management

be a bit more transparent and don't have as many cliques in various management roles, also please try to stay out of politics. there are many trump supporters who work at salesforce but we know it is not a safe space for us.

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salesforce is a great company to work with incredible growth and opportunities for its employees.

Cons

You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing and be sure to allow your employees a great work/life balance.

"7% of Sales Reps Make Their Number"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind of fun culture, great product, good name recognition.

Cons

This is a great place to work if you are starting your sales career. If you are a seasoned sales rep and are used to making good money, RUN from this place. They fuel the stock price by over-saturating sales territories to the point where the only accounts you have are tiny companies where it makes no sense to have the product. The sales teams are a revolving door of people coming, getting frustrated, then leaving. People who play politics and suck up to management are rewarded, people who actually work hard are not. Zero trust internally at middle management, anyone that doesn't close their eyes, ears, and mouth and blindly follow middle management's knee jerk direction changes is managed out of the business. Zero, I mean ZERO work/life balance. Text messages and constant contact late nights and weekends to make mediocre pay.

Advice to Management

New York City company culture is toxic. Adjust the pay plans or expand the territories. Stop acting like really good sales reps are a commodity that you can replace the second someone leaves. Stop rewarding people who do nothing but play politics internally to get good accounts. Reward hard work and dedication to people that live the Salesforce company values!

Salesforce Response

Apr 19, 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for your review. I want to assure you that we greatly value each member of our team and always do all we can to make sure all employees are having a great experience with us. I encourage ... More

10. "Business Development Representative"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, Free Snacks, Growth opportunities available, Fast promotional track

Cons

Constant change within the organization makes it hard to keep up with newly outlined plans.

Advice to Management

More relevant training would be nice, as well as clearly outlined metrics at the beginning of the fiscal year.

11. "Good company, needs to grow up"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

customer focused, sales focused, great products and great customer success

Cons

comp system for large accounts and small accounts is the same. Need better focus on large accounts

Advice to Management

don't announce a product until it is ready to sell and has a price.

Showing 86 of 2,937 reviews