Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Salesforce Reviews

Updated June 13, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 209 reviews)

• great culture and 1/1/1 is inspiring (in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands (in 164 reviews)

• Fast paced environment with steep ramp up (in 95 reviews)

"Great company but real problems"

Current Employee - Senior Strategic Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Strategic Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love Salesforce and think it is a great company. I have a huge amount of respect for Marc and what he has built from both a technology standpoint as well as the 1-1-1 and the culture of giving back.

Cons

The Oracle old boys club is VERY well established here. Concerns about inappropriate actions in the workplace and specific leaders creating a hostile work environment are passed along to a 1st year employee success (HR) person to "review." Upon review, it is always assumed that the employee was just being "coached." Even with concerns about harassing male/female relationships - "well, he didn't really do anything physical......" Completely inappropriate.

Advice to Management

Become a real HR department. Employees who raise concerns about sexual harassment and hostile work environments are the same people that you chose to join Salesforce and as a business we have spend a lot of money to train and prepare to be a fantastic part of our team. This is a big concern and could change the future of our company, we need to treat these allegations seriously.

For a company that gives back in so many other ways, it is very frustrating to see this issue and have it continue to be unaddressed.

Jun 14, 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for alerting us of this. We do not tolerate such conduct and aim to immediately investigate any reports of these types of behaviors and address concerns raised as soon as we become aware. I ... More

"Love the Company Values - Drank up all the KoolAid - But Now I am Sick w/disgust!"

Current Employee - ISV Team in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ISV Team in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Resources, Competitive Pay and Benefits
    Love the Product and Values System of Giving Back
    Generous PTO and VTO Policy
    Charismatic Leader /CEO

Cons

Horrible, I MEAN HORRIBLE Middle Managers. Stay Away if want to keep your Sanity and Dignity.
    Depending on your manager, You can have NO LIFE! I am dead serious.
    I put in 12 hours a day, sacrificed my Life and Family time ... Gave Blood, Sweat and Tears ....all for nothing. No recognition and constantly "beaten up" or disrespected.
    Told that they want to focus on Employee retention but it is just "Crap/BS talk" so that Leaders can CYA. Pleaded with my group's leader for a transfer to another manager in his group but told to "Suck it up and Deal with it". Don't know WTF he is thinking with a response like that.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and uphold the Ohana Values you Tout/Claim.
    Worst Job I have ever had. I Believed all the hype and now I'm paying the Price. I cannot sleep, have become paranoid and have full on stress/anxiety all the time.
    Managers retaliate if you complain, and give you no option or way out of bad situations ... keep you stuck in a rut until you eventually burn out.
    I am at my wits end. Would quit already if I didn't have bills to Pay.
    HR has no say or skin in the game. Just a bunch of folks trying to justify bad behavior.

Jun 3, 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. The behaviors you describe are definitely not in line with our values. As a first step, I've shared your review with the Employee Success Business Partner for your team ... More

"Management micro management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

teams generally good . They products are moving fast and a lot to learn.

Cons

Management team does not listen to employees . Process is made up each day.

Advice to Management

remove some of the managers that do not follow the OHANA process

"7% of Sales Reps Make Their Number"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind of fun culture, great product, good name recognition.

Cons

This is a great place to work if you are starting your sales career. If you are a seasoned sales rep and are used to making good money, RUN from this place. They fuel the stock price by over-saturating sales territories to the point where the only accounts you have are tiny companies where it makes no sense to have the product. The sales teams are a revolving door of people coming, getting frustrated, then leaving. People who play politics and suck up to management are rewarded, people who actually work hard are not. Zero trust internally at middle management, anyone that doesn't close their eyes, ears, and mouth and blindly follow middle management's knee jerk direction changes is managed out of the business. Zero, I mean ZERO work/life balance. Text messages and constant contact late nights and weekends to make mediocre pay.

Advice to Management

New York City company culture is toxic. Adjust the pay plans or expand the territories. Stop acting like really good sales reps are a commodity that you can replace the second someone leaves. Stop rewarding people who do nothing but play politics internally to get good accounts. Reward hard work and dedication to people that live the Salesforce company values!

Apr 19, 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for your review. I want to assure you that we greatly value each member of our team and always do all we can to make sure all employees are having a great experience with us. I encourage ... More

"Principal Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brand name.
    Ok benefits and salary.
    Voluntary Time Off.

Cons

Too much annoying bureaucracy. Your tenure at the company dictates how valuable your ideas are instead of its merit.
    Huge technical debt and age old technical stack. Code takes few hours to compile and is terrible. Most of the developers are fresh grads or been with the company for an extensive period of time.
    Engineering executives are non-technical but have been with the company for a long time.
    Lot of QA folks have been promoted to Director and Sr. Directors as they did a good job buttering up the executives. Too much title inflation in Product and Engineering.
    Hectic work life balance in San Francisco HQ. Change in Direction of the Product and Reorgs happen almost every few weeks.
    Mediocre developers keep on changing groups in the Open Opportunity Market and still survive.

Advice to Management

Fire the bootlegger engineering executives who have been here for more than five years. Most of these are C players and are causing A players to leave.

"Sales Strategy - worst team ever."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marc Benioff is a good guy and has a good vision. I'm sure other teams are good but sales strategy is just filled with young inexperienced mgmt that makes it hard to stay motivated or even stay at company.

Cons

All of these first time managers who know nothing about management that are managing people their own age. They come across as extremely condescending and do not have skill set to manage.

Advice to Management

Put all first time managers in mandatory training or stop creating so many layers. People are capable of doing well reporting to a senior director without unnecessary layers in between that do not create value. It creates a heirarchal divide that is completely unnecessary.

"Sloppy Operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

good co-workers - many likeable, but very frustrated, people working on Infra

Cons

all sheen, no substance - database issues no one understands, constant outages, slow performance, and weak executives imported from Microsoft contribute to worst infra operations you can imagine

Advice to Management

move the infrastructure to public cloud, nearly 20 years in business and you have no clue how to provide reliable service, and the Microsoft imports are making it even worse

"Worked as a contractor"

Former Employee - Audio Visual in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Audio Visual in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce (Less than a year)

Pros

Well prepared, professional, contractor rates were more than average

Cons

Parking is scarce difficult and expensive

"Run far away.. It's not what it seems... the recruiter is the best sales person ever"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

You work with smart people. They cater breakfast in Monday-Thursday and lunch on Monday. The area to bring clients at is GREAT! Clients dig it.

Cons

This was the worst job I've ever had. Management talks down to you like I haven't been doing this for 10 years (and my boss has less experience with half the success).... And I was #1 on my team and #11 in the country.

They claim compensation is great but when based in Atlanta you get the most bottom of the barrel accounts and this means everything (you have to deal with it). I've never worked so hard for a $2K deal... in. my. life. In my previous life, I never glimpsed at anything under $100K. That was for newer reps. If you sell a $100K deal, you will be at the top for the month and everyone freaks out. So what this means.... what they say you will get paid is a FAR stretch from reality. I was above my number and didn't make what they claimed because when I got my sales compensation package there are all these other factors. Therefore, I made SIGNIFICANTLY less here than my last job. The base was higher but that was it.

I'm a hunter and have always been one. Here, it does NOT make sense to focus on hunting because you get new accounts every year and for a prospect to switch CRM's this decision isn't made overnight. Don't let the recruiter tell you otherwise. Trust me.

Every current client that I did get, I had to do damage control from previous reps trying to squeeze every dollar out of them. The previous sales reps had their own agenda and it really hurt our clients. Because you get new accounts each year, the previous reps didn't care about the future. They did whatever it took to get $ and then dumped the client. I spent the first 6 months trying to get our clients not to leave us.

The office is LOUD because the desk are on top of each other with no sound barriers and all the conference rooms are booked. Clients made many comments about the background noise and it's embarrassing.

"Clueless UX leader"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay, hard working team.

Cons

Simply no dedication to user experience. The user experience team is made up of software engineers that dictate design decisions and do not encourage healthy debate or review of user desires. Extremely top-down. That's an absolute deal-breaker in this day and age.

People constantly throw each other under the bus. There is a a severe lack of community and an absolute surplus of individualist behavior.

Advice to Management

Encourage a more democratic, honest system. Eliminate the dictators.

Showing 145 of 3,097 reviews