Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2

3,115 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 233 reviews)

• great culture and 1/1/1 is inspiring (in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands (in 167 reviews)

• Fast paced environment with steep ramp up (in 96 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work, but amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1-1-1 Model here (google it) and a tangible benefit that results of it is 7 full days of VTO (volunteer time off) to be used responsibly at your discretion. Matching gifts to a non-profit of your choice.

- Benefits here overall are incredible
    - ESPP is attractive
    - Time off is generous
    - comp package works in your favor- i.e. hard work does in fact = revenue.
    - equipment is all up-to-date and excellent (iPhone as work phone, and MacBook as laptop)
    - Training that consists of bootcamp in San Francisco, and further training at a local hub. Ongoing trailheads and updates also keep you on your toes.
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Great culture
    - Talented professionals
    - Collaborative environment across different segments
    - Brand recognition
    - Smooth employee processes in the background (payroll, time logged, benefit tracking, incentive tracking, employee profile, etc).
    - Continuous acquisitions of companies continues to strengthen our products and offerings.
    - Snacks, events, and happy hours
    - Flexibility and autonomy given to consult with your clients
    - Networking opportunities here are endless

Cons

- You can feel "left-behind" here at times, so it's crucial to stay organized to keep up with the pace, especially early on.
    - Work-life balance (self-induced): it's easy to become attached to your work and your accounts, and it trickle over into your personal life after hours, or on weekends.
    - Difficult quota to hit, but that's for a reason. if this were easy I suppose they would let anyone in.

Can't think of anything else. It's hard to find things wrong with Salesforce, in fact this section took me a lot longer to provide the bullet points above then the pros section.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's next, and hope to continue growing my career here.

2. "ITs okay."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everything. It is really good.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Pay us more.

3. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good pay. Interesting technology. Great people.

Cons

Lot of work, tight dead lines.

Advice to Management

Nothing, doing great.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great culture, it's a very young/energetic company that is constantly growing/changing. The products have consistently been #1 in the market. We have been the industry leader for 8 years. They have been vigilant about hiring highly qualified employees who are also outgoing and fun to work with. They have spent the money to keep our headquarters in downtown San Francisco.

Cons

There are some things that happen when you grow too quickly, some structure has been lacking but at least it is always acknowledged and worked on. For example, it took them a while to fine tune some the HR applications that we use internally.

Advice to Management

Be as concerned with employee success as you are with customer success.

"Great place to be."

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The team at SFDC is very strong in the technology group, and not too big. The product we're building is great, and has great potential if we're successful.

Cons

Because of the relatively small team, there's a lot for everyone to do, and that leads to long hours. This is better than having a lot of people, though, since you will end up with more mediocre staff dragging the talented people down.

Advice to Management

Keep the train on the tracks, and maybe go home a little earlier on average guys!

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Awesome company, incredible products, smart people.

Cons

Very fast-paced culture. This makes it an exciting place to be but can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

We've got a tremendous army of people. Invest your time and budget in developing them.

"Working at Salesforce.com is like playing on the all-star team."

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Salesforce.com is a dynamic environment with some very smart people -- when I first joined I termed it the all-star team. It's no joke. The product at Salesforce is really good -- sometimes it sells itself -- and it's very well thought through and architected. I've worked at a number of other software companies and I've never seen anything like it. Career advancement opportunities are everywhere. Although it's a fairly big company now, it's definitely possible to identify opportunities and take them, even from the very bottom rung of the latter, and management actively encourages it. The executives are also top-notch and generally very accessible. These are the people I want to learn from. They know what they're doing.

Cons

The hours are definitely long, no doubt about that. There are never enough people on board to do all the work necessary. There's always a certain amount of chaos. Salesforce definitely exhibits some qualities usually reserved for startups in that regard -- every day is challenging, but it sure makes going to work fun.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on.

8. "Best business software company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The Software as a Service business model is the model of the future. No better place to learn all about it than Salesforce.com.
    Our product gets our customers incredibly excited, and IT IS A BUSINESS TOOL.
    Their technical team is among the best I have ever seen. They know what they are doing.
    My feature team has a great dynamic. I feel happy to come to work with them.
    There is no foundation, like the salesforce foundation. Their charm, reach, and activities are unique. Plus, I can easily collaborate with them and the company pays for the time!!!
    Last but not least, there is no better location in the San Francisco. 1 market st is probably the best spot in the west coast.

Cons

Long work hours (it's a service, you don't sleep if it is not up and running)

Advice to Management

promote me (again)! :) :)

9. "A great place to work with its own unique culture."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Salesforce.com is unrelenting in making sure customers are satisfied. When you are on the front line you can be assured that the company will do whatever it takes to make sure the customer is successful. As a customer facing employee you can feel good about your customers success. Salesforce.com also provides new challenges on a regular basis. The flood of new products and new technologies keeps everyone on their toes.

Cons

The pace is very rapid and managing work life balance can be difficult. There is so much to do and yet so little time. At times salesforce.com seems to be heavy in chiefs and not many indians.

Advice to Management

Pushing decisions down to the lowest level and holding those people responsible is important.

10. "Salesforce.com, why go anywhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

One of the two relevant technology companies in the bay area

Cons

Pace of business can be a little overwhelming at times

Advice to Management

Invest more in selling nonSFA products

Showing 3,115 of 3,310 reviews