Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

2,707 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands (in 152 reviews)

• The company is growing very quickly hiring nearly 6000 people this past year (in 28 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work, but amazing!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1-1-1 Model here (google it) and a tangible benefit that results of it is 7 full days of VTO (volunteer time off) to be used responsibly at your discretion. Matching gifts to a non-profit of your choice.

- Benefits here overall are incredible
    - ESPP is attractive
    - Time off is generous
    - comp package works in your favor- i.e. hard work does in fact = revenue.
    - equipment is all up-to-date and excellent (iPhone as work phone, and MacBook as laptop)
    - Training that consists of bootcamp in San Francisco, and further training at a local hub. Ongoing trailheads and updates also keep you on your toes.
    - Fast-paced environment
    - Great culture
    - Talented professionals
    - Collaborative environment across different segments
    - Brand recognition
    - Smooth employee processes in the background (payroll, time logged, benefit tracking, incentive tracking, employee profile, etc).
    - Continuous acquisitions of companies continues to strengthen our products and offerings.
    - Snacks, events, and happy hours
    - Flexibility and autonomy given to consult with your clients
    - Networking opportunities here are endless

Cons

- You can feel "left-behind" here at times, so it's crucial to stay organized to keep up with the pace, especially early on.
    - Work-life balance (self-induced): it's easy to become attached to your work and your accounts, and it trickle over into your personal life after hours, or on weekends.
    - Difficult quota to hit, but that's for a reason. if this were easy I suppose they would let anyone in.

Can't think of anything else. It's hard to find things wrong with Salesforce, in fact this section took me a lot longer to provide the bullet points above then the pros section.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's next, and hope to continue growing my career here.

2. "Former Worker"

Pros

This was a good place to work

Cons

Have nothing against the company

3. "Use to be great!"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- great C Level leadership
    - treats employees well overall
    - work hard, rewarded well

Cons

- lower level management is poor in regards to management skills
    - weak H.R department when it comes to representing employees concerns
    - a TON of politics to deal with

Advice to Management

- listen to your employees. When they are leaving in droves, listen to their concerns and do something about them. They deserve a voice.

5. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Member of Technical Staff in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership who empowers you to make decisions, and stand by them thereby promoting individual growth of team members
    Excellent work/life balance opportunities
    Excellent benefits, bonuses and employee stock purchase program

Cons

At this moment I honestly cannot think of any legitimate cons to working for Salesforce. Any company will have unique challenges which will require adjustment on the part of staff, and Salesforce is no different. That isn't a con, but merely reality.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working and will continue to work for a very long time. I'm excited to be a continued part of this amazing company.

6. "Bonne société mais selon l'équipe"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Paris (France)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Très belle compagnie, technologiquement à la pointe, superbe école de vente. Esprit 'Ohana' assez présent (transparence, équité, confiance etc..).
    Un société ou il fait relativement bon vivre et où beaucoup de conditions sont mises en place pour vous faire évoluer

Cons

Certaines équipe ne sont pas à l'image de la compagnie et c'est vraiment dommage car ça en casse un peu l'image. Des coups bas, de la politique, des injustices, bref des choses auxquelles il faut être préparé. Soit on sait vivre avec et on fait son chemin, soit cela devient très vite opréssant

Advice to Management

Intéressé vous aussi aux humains, pas qu'aux chiffres

7. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Account Director
    Former Employee - Account Director

Pros

Great company, products, culture, people, benefits. 10/10

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Easily work with Exchange Email Recovery"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

In company there are great people that work and they also make it pleasant for another to work there. The location is also too suitable for users to travel as well. For designer, there are lots of opportunities for working on something very interesting. In other words, we can say that the company has great and excellent communications, mind-blowing training and the great service user’s participation I have ever seen.

Cons

Nope fraud from my side as we need to find it’s in ourselves first

"Hire leaders that can coach and develop!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money and culture are everything you could hope for, but it does come at a steep price of work/home balance.

Cons

It shocks me that we continue to hire leaders that can sell, but have no clue how to train and develop their staff....Come on SFDC! Hire real leaders!!

Advice to Management

Hire real leaders that will make us better

"Not what it seems"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

The focus on philanthropy is unlike any place I've worked and truly is great. 7 days of Volunteer time off and 5k donation matching is huge. It really is an important piece of the culture. I'd also say:
    - Competitive Pay
    - ESPP program
    - Fun people
    - Office downtown SF
    - The coffee shops
    - Company events

Cons

The Ohana culture is wonderful but unfortunately it's not practiced by many leaders. They don't reward good leadership and embodying the culture. I had heard it was the influx of the Oracle culture - and the sad part is we talked a lot about how important the culture was but we didn't hold senior leadership for it...so there was a lot of bad behavior (yelling, bullying, not allowing work/life balance, etc) . Felt a lot like it was all for PR and branding but not really what was valued or practiced.

There also is a lot of breaking points due to scaling growth - systems and technology in many functions are a joke. Many groups have had to create very manual processes b/c the systems are unreliable or not kept up to standard to scale.

Advice to Management

Keep the Ohana culture the company was built off of which means make some tough calls and cut leaders who are anti-Ohana. Should't tolerate the bad behavior as the impact to culture is going to have a lot of downstream impacts and you'll continue to lose more great people.

11. "Senior Director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

compelling vision
    great leadership
    Learn a lot
    smart people
    awesome products
    make a difference to the community

Cons

work life balance is difficult to achieve.
    getting too big, bureaucracy and politics is growing

Advice to Management

stay customer focused, don't get caught up with inward agendas.
    Look at employee feedback more often and segment it by tenure. The high amount of star-eyed new hires can skew the results.

Showing 2,707 of 2,847 reviews