Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

3,348 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3,348 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 244 reviews)

• The 1-1-1 model that allows us to volunteer up to 7 days per year (in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • You need to set your Work/Life balance (in 185 reviews)

• Fast paced environment - Must be a self starter (in 102 reviews)

1. "Developer Relations, Manager"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place to work, empowers women

Cons

nothing really, great going Salesforce

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

2. "Very Comfortable Work-space - They Take Care of You"

I worked at Salesforce part-time

Pros

- relaxed office environment; I worked in the Indy office and it was exactly what I imagined an office in Silicon Valley would be like.
    - free food and drinks; every floor had its own stocked kitchen
    - relatively high pay for the Indy metro area which is good

Cons

- employees can be a bit to needy and demanding
    - needless drama, which got old but isn't unique to Salesforce I'm sure

3. "Principal Solution Engineer"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, exciting technology, fast paced

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge at times

Advice to Management

Organic growth is my recommendation for moving up the ranks

"Great company, unrealistic quotas for BDR"

Former Employee - BDR in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - BDR in Herndon, VA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Around some very smart people is certain positions. Some good products for the customer. Free snacks in kitchen. Great benefits and 401k.

Cons

Very demanding quotes. If you fall short 2 months in a row, you're placed on a coaching memo. This is public sector, business moves much slower than commercial but be we're expected to hit the same metrics as the commercial teams. Small territories being worked from to many people. People struggle in this position. Be prepared to make over 30 calls a day and email all day to the same people. Difficult to get promoted due to lack of public sector territories so unless someone quits, you'll won't have any chance to possibly get promoted but then everyone is fighting for it. Good entry level position for experience, that's about it.

Advice to Management

Change the BDR process if you expect people to grow from this position today. This position isn't the same as it was 2 or 3 years ago when everyone would get promoted within 1 year because there was no head count.

5. "Acct Exec"

Current Employee - Senior Acct Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Acct Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Life, Well respected, Decent People

Cons

Limited Sales Oppty..Territories too small for reasonable chance to make quota

"Some orgs are better than others"

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Competitive salary
    Give back to community

Cons

Success really depends on the leadership of your org.
    Some leaders are authoritative but lack empathy.
    Extroverted personalities tend to be rewarded while introverts tend to be "managed out" or bullied.
    Work/Life balance suffers occasionally.

Advice to Management

Listen to and empower your team to be successful, and customers will be successful.
    Exercise empathy.

7. "Great company"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

great salary, benefits, culture, team environment.

Cons

legacy technology stack makes day-to-day development experience tedious and annoying.

"Enterprise Account Executive"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

vision, talent, growth - great place to work. and lots of opportunity. Lot of support and resources and fantastic inclusive culture

Cons

success in the enterprise group has a lot to do with your patch, lot of folks making lot of money and a lot not making money.

"Senior Program Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Integration Expert in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Integration Expert in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OnBoarding is nice, your brought into the company, and after being at Oracle for 12 years, it felt like a breath of fresh air. Pay is average, but the stock options and employee stock purchase plan is well put together. Agile, and SLDC is practiced. You can work remote, with light travel.

Cons

I was recruited from Oracle, as many, many before and probably after me have also been. There is a large amount of Oracle like legacy. But to give the company credit, it is a lot less dysfunctional. But I am a Java coder, product developer so I am going to skip wether their management styles are better or worse. As an engineer I thought, Cool : Heroku, SalesForce1 Mobile SDK, but I had very limited usage of these products. Heroku, they are somewhat lost on what to do with the acquisition, for the integration of some projects, we ended up using AWS EC2, and not even bothering to use Heroku. And SalesForce1 is essentially is a PhoneGap/Cordova fork, without having to worry about CORS issues when working with Salesforce REST API's. Lets get to the real issue here, APEX is a subset of Java, with 3 datatypes : Map, List and Sets, That's it. A very dumbed down version of Java. APEX is an abstraction on Oracle Triggers, gross. It really was like seeing some pathetic figure behind the curtain in Wizard of the Oz. Technically I expected much more from Salesforce, but it's heavy on ease of use. There is a lot of posturing at that company, people front like they are a "Data Scientist" or a "Machine Learning Experts" Then when I look at resumes, I see a lot of liberal art degrees, behind the titles. I think it's a good company, but if you are growing and learning, I am not sure this is the company to do that at, maybe to polish up your resume. I left Salesforce, contracted for a year, before coming aboard Red Hat and the rates for APEX development, Salesforce work was much lower than core Java, Node.JS, or Android/IOS dev work, it was kind of a Cul de Sac in my career. I got to be part of the Ohana culture, and I got some cool T Shirts, but somewhat underwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Thats a tough one for me to put out there, I think maybe more real honest to god case study white papers and projects with integration between Twillio, Tableau,, Native Android and reach out to those communities. Give more love to Heroku

"DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY."

Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The top leaders truly have a vision and a plan. These are the angels that are on the pin head. Financial remuneration is as good or better than any other company if you attain your quotas. Most coworkers are helpful and cheerful. It is a joy to work from any from any of the beautiful offices. Internal tools such as Concierge and Trailheads are great. Growth is encouraged. Most new employees are given 60 days or so to ramp up.

Cons

First, It is very much the same old type of network. Don't be taken in by the facade of empowering women. It is just one step off Weinstein-like mentality (there is no harassment of that type but the mentality is "women, know your place".) What I specifically mean is this: men have a way of doing the Sales, R&D, IT, and programs like Ignite. Women have to scurry along and just make nice. You dare not speak up. Some small amount of benign questioning will be "allowed". If you really challenge the unproductive practices, a swarm of managers and their managers and their managers will put you on "employee success" plan. This goes on your HR records. Once it does, you cannot transfer, get promoted, get a letter to attend Business School or get a good reference to go to another company. A multitude of other good things you might have done and your hard work will go down the drain. It makes people suicidal. This culture does not understand that this job is food on our table. Second, many former Google, Facebook, Nvidia, Microsoft and 5 Agency employees are welcome if they just about have a pulse. Hence, high ranking executives will come one or two days to work; will not have full comprehension of client's current/future stages; treat all engineers as inferior; and publicly chide team members. Third, Veterans are hired in droves. Hiring is all they do. That is all. Then a handful of hyper-gamified, substance-less Trails are thrown at them along with a "mentor" program. Most new hires, especially veterans, struggle between not knowing how to navigate the million tools and the embarrassment of asking colleagues on how to do things. Fourth, Salesforce attracts prospective employees in with a seemingly high pay. But, a large part of that is commission or bonus. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to attain quota or utilization. This is another way for managers to crack the .

Advice to Management

Have a genuine and neutral body of inquiry when veterans and female employees are put on a "coaching program". Even if employees might have done something that can be improved, have the humility and impartiality to research into allegations. They might just be caught in the cross hair of manger's ego. Realize that you are pushing some employee to question their existence. You are one small step away from Enron in that sense.

Salesforce Response

Nov 28, 2017 – President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I want to assure you that we take all allegations of discrimination very seriously, and would welcome the opportunity to learn more, so we can... More

Showing 3,348 of 3,587 reviews