Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor

3,112 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3,112 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 233 reviews)

• great culture and 1/1/1 is inspiring (in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands (in 167 reviews)

• Fast paced environment with steep ramp up (in 96 reviews)

"Ohana culture diluted"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, solid compensation, and an authentic (and often successful) focus on work-life balance, time off, and giving back have made my career here both enjoyable and rewarding.

Culture at Salesforce is truly (and positively) unique in my experience. For the most part leadership and engineering works as a team and are cooperative, friendly, supportive.

Cons

After a couple of years you are functionally punished for staying at Salesforce in terms of compensation - it would be easier to make more in the same role elsewhere.

Recent management changes in the Security group have been very negative. Huge amounts of high-ranking leadership brought in from outside the company have had large negative effects on morale and culture within Security.

Most importantly - in the past Security leadership very obviously and effectively lived the value of 'Ohana' that is constantly focused on at Salesforce. It was clear leadership cared about people on the team. That does not seem to be the case anymore.

This has caused many long-time leaders and engineers to leave and that causes more culture shift/drain and the cycle continues.

This problem isn't limited to one group. Unfortunately, there are pockets of the company that don't live up to the positive culture mentioned. These pockets seem to be growing as Salesforce acquires more companies with other cultures and brings in senior leadership from other cultures.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people. Take the time to understand why so many leaders and engineers from your Security group (and others) are leaving. Reward people for staying at Salesforce - people that are already working and performing are more valuable than similarly-experienced external hires new to the company - treat them like it.

Ensure that senior leaders brought in from other companies live up to the Salesforce culture.

Salesforce Response

Aug 11, 2017 – President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for your 5 years of service with Salesforce. I'm sharing both the pros and the cons of your review with the leadership team for your group as an... More

"Amazing Company, Great Opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On-going growth opportunities. I have had the ability to grow my career, try new things, experiment... all while finding a niche.

Engaging, intelligent, collaborative peers. I am constantly learning while also collaborating to get stuff done. Some real stand outs in the group.

Culture. I have worked at other places. Having an executive leadership team that promotes customer trust... that makes a difference, all the way down the ranks. I've seen other companies put the customer in the background. Not here, it is clear from marketing materials to product decisions.

Brilliant CEO

Great product leaders

Best enterprise software marketing

Cons

Fire drills. Our company is rapidly growing and we are constantly innovating, which is great! But, it also means that the game plan last year is different from this year's approach.

There are fire drills, and strategy shifts. The culture is supportive to the needs of working parents, family needs, personal issues... but anyone considering Salesforce should know... you'll see a few fire drills now and again.

Advice to Management

Focus and transparency. People believe in the mission of the company, and are willing to work for it. We are driven to be successful with the company, so continuously keeping the doors open and being clear about changes let's everyone pivot more quickly to move the ship forward, together.

"It's A Dreamjob"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been here more than 10 years. In my group I have a great culture. And we do amazing work with our customers. It's very satisfying. I'm growing. The people around me are growing. And I love making a positive impact on the world.

Cons

Rapid growth is making alignment and prioritization more challenging.

Advice to Management

Double down on making the V2MOM really work for people. It's powerful in some groups and we need it working everywhere.

"a lot of chiefs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture...feels like a startup. Everyone contributes, lots of enthusiasm and hard work, work-life balance is important, very company vision. Benefits are amazing. Great healthcare plans. Volunteer hours expected monthly. Good pay.

Cons

A LOT of middle management. Too many 'bosses' and C-level execs accumulated from all the company acquisitions...way too much 'fat', too many cooks in the kitchen and any other metaphor you can add here.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat! A flatter organization keeps things moving forward. Too many levels for approvals and constantly shifting priorities depending on who was recently promoted up the food chain.

5. "data"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

good culture
    nice people
    ...... ......

Cons

nothing

6. "Sr. Developer"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

feel that my manager truly cares about me as an individual and is looking out for my best interests as well as my professional growth. The culture is open and collaborative and the facilities and benefits are incredible.

Cons

Nothing really anything to add here

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and rewarding! Love talking to candidates who are excited to work here

Cons

Not the best on-boarding/training....didn't feel very supported throughout my time as I actually began doing the job. I was often times told to read articles or ask someone else vs. being offered assistance from my manager or direct team

Advice to Management

Invest in your new hires - step away from the stress/existing meetings and make sure that your new hires are feeling the love and support

"Sales team is a bit immature"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Tons of resources
    - Great leadership
    - Great culture of giving back to community and volunteering
    - Great technology
    - Continued growth of portfolio

Cons

- The sales teams tend to be very young. This leads to a very clicky, high school type environment. A lot of drinking in the office and gossiping about other co workers.
    - A lot of people are more focused on networking to climb the ladder than on their current jobs.
    - Underpays for industry.
    - Territories are not divided evenly. They tend to play favorites with the best accounts. But everyone has the same goals.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to align the goals with the territories. Better segmentation is needed.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Salesforce culture that you hear about is true when it comes to volunteering and being encouraged to volunteer. The salaries are competitive and if you "grow up" in the Salesforce world it is a fantastic company to grow and learn.

Cons

If you are looking at Salesforce...stay away from the retail team. Leadership within this group is non-existent. Often times they talk out of both sides of their mouth. This is not a group that cares about the customer. They care about growth, growth and growth. Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods is a "boys club" plain and simple.

If you are looking to join Salesforce, make sure you have a strong leader. and, ask to speak with other people on the team under the Regional Vice President of the team you are looking to join.

Advice to Management

Salesforce doesn't even have an in person exit interview. They simply send out a survey. I found this comical considering how important values appear to be. Even though I spent significant time completing the survey and giving honest, constructive feedback I highly doubt any action will be taken.

10. "Innovative, rapid pace, competitive and very rewarding."

Current Employee - App Cloud Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - App Cloud Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, ability to work remote. As long as you are hitting your numbers you have a lot of flexibility and minimal pressure from management.

Cons

Since I'm not located in a hub office or HQ the visibility with management and opportunities for advancement seem less.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the fast paced, innovative environment you've created while keeping out the mindset that comes from larger, older software companies.

Showing 3,112 of 3,308 reviews