Salesforce Senior Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Salesforce Senior Account Executive Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2019

Found 147 reviews

4.3
  1. "Great Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture Company has values and lives them Innovative Thought Leaders Bright people Friendly and Respecful culture Amazing Brand

Cons

Salesforce app culture sometimes make things very interrupt-driven and /or seems like doing anything requrires inputting a lot of detail into the system. I get it from a macro level, but it can be a lot

Salesforce2019-04-06

"Enterprise?"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and support for employees.

Cons

Expect sales to sell licenses like a vending machine when trying to play in the Enterprise world. Having run rate is important but doesn’t leverage the skill set of the more seasoned sales team.

Advice to Management

You do not always have to do what you have always done.

Salesforce2019-03-13

Salesforce Response

March 27, 2019Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. Our Ohana is certainly made up of the best people and we're glad to see in the pros that you've listed employees have the support they need. Regarding what you've listed in your cons, I'd encourage you to have an open chat with your manager about your ...

3. "Great Values, Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is well ingrained. Some pockets where it's not lived out but overall very good.

Cons

Growth means smaller territories and increasing numbers to please Wall Street. Still, customer is value and cared for.

Salesforce2019-01-22

"6 Year Employee"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, culture, and benefits

Cons

It's a big company so you don't have much influence on the business as an Account Executive. Very competitive and success in sales varies greatly by territories and timing.

Advice to Management

Company is amazing but is getting a bit big. Doesn't feel the same as when I started.

Salesforce2019-01-05

"Visionary founders but terrible command-and-control management"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited time off - and I've taken it Generous time off to volunteer - which I haven't had time for Generous donation matching - which I always take advantage of for my favorite causes Superb brand for your resume - recruiters will come after you almost daily

Cons

Ohana, what Ohana? Management (at least in sales) only manages by the numbers, with no EQ to speak of, shuns 2-way dialogue, and pushes everything on the front line. They don't prioritize their requests and overwhelm their teams, who are trying to close business and/or appease unhappy customers. Meanwhile, there's zero knowledge management to speak of -- we are literally incessantly filling out shared docs with the...

Advice to Management

Marc, get rid of those stubborn leaders you mentioned on the earnings call and take back control of your company! Weed out the managers who aren't truly values aligned and don't promote people who aren't either. Look at the ways of working and improve them or there will be an inevitable implosion.

Salesforce2018-11-28

Salesforce Response

November 30, 2018President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback. What you described is concerning and completely counter to the company culture we want to create. Can you please reach out to Rachel Courtney for a confidential conversation on your experience so that we can work to improve? ...

6. "Excited to be at Salesforce!"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with every day. My immediate team, those we support, and the overall community is excellent and helps make every day fun. The culture of the company, and the dedication to innovation are also awesome.

Cons

I don't have a lot of negative things to say. I know we are in a period of rapid growth, just remember to keep the focus on the customer.

Salesforce2018-10-26
  7. "Salesforce: A Wonderful Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Senior Strategic Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing interview & on-boarding experience, and a truly remarkable company to work for! Proud to be a part of the Salesforce Ohana every single day!

Cons

a bit of an overwhelming pace, but well worth it!

Salesforce2018-10-05

"Ohana Software Company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Well known company name opens doors - Great Benefits - Friendly co-workers - Leading products

Cons

- Lots of moving pieces across accounts as more acquisitions take place - Some prospects don't understand Salesforces value beyond the CRM product creating objections in the marketplace - Depending on your territory you can find yourself traveling 90% of the time

Advice to Management

Keep up the Ohana culture. Make certain newly acquired products are well integrated into the marketplace and workflow.

Salesforce2018-08-17
  9. "Trailblazing Ohana"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salesforce has a healthy and supportive culture. The business is innovative and inspiring. The company is committed to having a positive impact on people, environment, customers, and social causes. Compensation and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Like any large organization it has some challenges. The pace of change if fast.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to values and people. Keep up the great work.

Salesforce2018-08-03

"Salesforce does not know to to retain valuable employees"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to move roles within the company. Very competitive pay with great benefits. Awesome opportunities to travel and meet great customers.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance, they expect long hours and push you extremely hard with not a lot of recognition or performance appreciation. They unfairly pay women employees even though there has been an effort to correct it. In the Sales organization is still a very close-knit boys club with no women leaders. Politics will get the best of you rather than actually focusing on getting the job done

Advice to Management

Executive leadership needs to foc

Salesforce2018-07-07