KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Salesforce

Engaged Employer

Salesforce

Add a Review

Salesforce Employee Reviews about "big company"

Updated Jan 25, 2021

Found 129 of over 9K reviews

4.5
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff
3,064 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits (free food/drink kitchen big plus)(in 468 reviews)

• "Great Culture and Diverse Workforce(in 435 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Typical big company problems, can be sometimes lost in the shuffle of things(in 131 reviews)

• "Fast Paced, High Expectations etc(in 127 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Salesforce and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "big company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to work!

Jan 22, 2021 - Senior Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is amazing and cares to get the job done. The managers care about progression of career. Wonderful work-life balance. Interesting work. Highly recommend.

Cons

Takes a bit of time to learn how to navigate a big company, but the team helps, and can do it!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching.

Jul 9, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros: - vibrant, fast paced culture - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology - good benefits and perqs - hip urban culture at HQ - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

Cons

After my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head. Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion. The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

527 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great sales culture!

Jan 13, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salesforce is a company who’s CEO was a salesperson...sales is for sure treated well! They do a great job being a fantasist company overall, there is certainly different opinions based on what team you’re on. I was there for 5 years, had different managers. Most were great, some were still good. Everyone here is smart and cares about what they do!

Cons

It’s becoming a big company. Anything you’d expect from a really large company. Promotion processes have become more rigid. Territories have shrunk a bit. But with this comes more opportunity.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

The most driven people I've ever worked with!

Jan 15, 2021 - Product Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always busy with new projects and truly everyone is willing to help no matter what. Great sense of camaraderie. For diversity/inclusion, Marc Benioff is one of the only CEOs (in my opinion) that truly walks the walk and talks the talk. You see a lot of women in leadership positions and people of color in non-diversity roles as well.

Cons

Typical big company problems, can be sometimes lost in the shuffle of things

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Solid Big Enterprise Tech Company

Jan 10, 2021 - Corporate Development Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salesforce does right by its employees. The pay and benefits are good. You can do pretty much anything at Salesforce: coast and hide or dig in and contribute. People are smart, helpful, and genuine.

Cons

It's a very big company. At times things are slow, bureaucratic, and inefficient, but that comes with the territory. Internal mobility is possible, but not as easy as it should.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company, I'm amazed at the company culture

Sep 26, 2020 - Senior Director, Product Management in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ohana is real and management takes very seriously the well being of the employees at every level. Every manager is regularly (if not always) reminded to make sure their teams are doing well, encourage them to take time off, offer courses and so much more. The company despite its size is nimble and I have seen us changing our course quite quickly considering the size of Salesforce. CRM may sounds boring but Salesforce has been able to make good use of all the latest technology in their vision and products to make the work super interesting. Salesforce is so much more than just the Salesforce employees and products, it feels good to know we care about our partners, customers, users.

Cons

Salesforce is a big company and if you come from a startup, it takes a bit of time to adjust.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lives up to All The Best Place to Work Hype

Nov 8, 2020 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is in growth mode which means they are always looking for new talent and new ideas. There's always something new happening to change the game whether it's from an acquisition, a new product, an updated product, or just a new way of thinking. It's truly an exciting time to be apart of Salesforce. - Company culture - Smart & talented people - Promotion transparency - Wellness opportunities - Volunteer focused

Cons

- Big company which means big changes - You have to know the right people

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jan 3, 2021 - Software Architect in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, good compensation, great products, socially responsible, flexible work hours

Cons

Big company, many mandates, things can go very slow

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top Company in Software Sales

Jul 24, 2020 - Account Executive, General Business in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salesforce was the first to pioneer Saas, and is the leader worldwide today. This is a fantastic platform to sell, that is known universally, and is adopted for a reason. The product works, and it works well. This is a product that any AE can be confident in, and for me being confident in what I sell drives my success. Further, Salesforce takes care of it's employees. I've been blown away by the pandemic response. Salesforce is not only a place that a strong AE can make a lot of money, it's a place you know where management stands. Salesforce management publicly came out and said there would be no lay-offs(there weren't), and pro-actively rolled out programs and incentives to take care of employees. Salesforce is a place you can grow your career, and you can constantly learn. With all of the acquisitions, you can switch to a new product that interests you, or pivot into leadership. I've worked a number of places in my career, and Salesforce is the best so far. There are absolutely downsides, which I get into below, but for me personally I plan to be here for the foreseeable future. Frankly, I believe in Salesforce's leadership team and strategy. We are making some incredible acquisitions and are positioned to be the undisputed cloud leader in ten years.

Cons

Politics. If you have only worked at small companies, big companies are a different beast. Salesforce, like any big company, has an element of politicking to it. At any company playing "the game" is important, so expect that here. Large quotas, and small patches. Salesforce has fine tuned territory management, and some ae's have stronger patches than others. It is important to succeed early and often so that you have the credibility to be assigned stronger accounts. New employees not willing to hustle and prove themselves do not last. This is how every big company is in my experience. If you don't have a ton of sales experience, make sure you start at a lower title with a larger territory. Big companies are harder to "learn the ropes at", as you are competing with the best of the best for things like territory. Other than the above, Salesforce has been the best move in my career, and I'm thrilled and proud to work here. I've never found a place without the above cons, and the pros far outweigh them for me.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Benefits, Cult like Culture, not so good exit

Mar 30, 2020 - Lead Systems Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are awesome. It's amazing to see 40k+ employees all marching to the beat of the same drum. Great benefits. Lots of upward and lateral opportunity for employees

Cons

Can feel "cultish" at times. SE pay varies based on Geography which can mean a paycut/non-competitive pay depending on where you live and where you were working before. SE's are not paid commission for the quarter if they leave during the quarter. No pro-rated pay. Nothing. You just lose it. Only place I've worked where you give two weeks notice, they agree you can leave after a week because there is not reason to keep you aboard for the full two weeks, and they don't pay you the full two weeks. While employed, the culture felt caring and inclusive, and not like a big company . When you're ready to leave, you get treated like it's a big company where you are just a number.

8 people found this review helpful

Salesforce Response

Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to see you're no longer with the business but are glad to hear that you had such a positive experience while you were here. It is disappointing, though, to hear about your experience during your exit. This is an area that we'd like to improve in. To help us better understand the process that you went through, we'd like to ask that you reach out to our third-party provider Ethicspoint at http://www.salesforce.ethicspoint.com so we can incorporate your feedback into our plans.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 129 Reviews