SalonCentric Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bertrand Fontaine

Pros
  • Great employees, 40 percent employee discount (in 36 reviews)

• Lot of free products from vendors (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't listen to the employees (in 53 reviews)

• No benefits for part time,no advancement, no work life balance due to call in (in 19 reviews)

1. "Store Manager"

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time

Pros

Product, bosses are nice, customers are awesome

Cons

Pay, pay, pay.
    Lack of communication

2. "Horrible they are unfair and not very honest"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in None (Italy)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in None (Italy)

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

40 percent discount and that would be about it and most of the customers are nice but frustrated with the company as well.

Cons

Management from the top all the way to the dm's most of the managers are over worked and upper management just doesn't care. The company as a whole is the worst I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Be nicer and more understanding of your employees. They are people too. They are the ones that keep the stores running.

"Wouldn't recommend"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounts and free stuff

Cons

Not alot of consistency in policies. Salon centric is still q growing company so things are always changing with them. Too much work is given to one person because they like to use minimal employees when they need to hire more people.

Advice to Management

Be considerate of your employees health. Stress causes heart attacks.

4. "I was a demand planner now a supply chain analyst."

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable job security. There was high turnover but that seems to have ended. Standard analitical work. I work as a sales forecaster, buyer, and many other roles.

Cons

Upper management doesn't listen to the employees. Roles and responsibilities change on a whim based on which middle manager was just in the big boss's office.

Advice to Management

Please review local salaries for similar positions.

"manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Jackson, TN

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the customers, discounts and paid holiday/vacations are the only thing going for saloncentric now. upper management has lost sight of the customers satisfaction and are concentrating on tasks which takes employees away from customer service.
    expectations are unrealistic and unattainable, security is a major issue cause you usually are working alone. Upper management, who does not have a clue of the day to day operation of running the store are making all the wrong decisions and it trickles down to the customers. you are wooed when applying but once hired, its the complete opposite of what is said during the interview process. all the loyal employees are leaving and they are being replaced with people who do not have a clue about the industry in cosmo, barbering, nail tech, etc. good luck with that!!!!

Cons

upper management wanting employees to work like robots with no consideration for them, no loyality to the ones that are loyal to them, unattainable expectations and I could go on and on.......upper management sucks.

Advice to Management

get a clue

"STAY AWAY.. WORST COMPANY EVER!"

Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pros? When it was Beauty Alliance we worked as a team. There are some people still there that ROCK but not in the Gulf Region..

Cons

Let's see... Any perks they tell you are lies. Unorganized, Turnover is through the roof. Everyone's a leader, but, not one person knows how to lead. They change policies every month and each person has their own made up manual. One of the District Managers screen shots the reports because she has no clue how to use Excel or Word. These are no bitter lies, it's the truth... And OMG! Human Resources is a complete joke. They spend thousands of money each month changing marketing. The customers could care less, they just want their supplies and people to help them because everyone is quitting. I've seen the difference over many years so please, if you'd like to work alone hours at a time, and satisfied with 15 hours a week. That's your job. Favoritism, they lie on their employees and most of all... NO ETHICS! If you don't believe me, visit and see for yourself... one month (or less) and you're outta there.

Advice to Management

PLEASE!!!! Will someone from France come over and spend some time, especially in the Gulf Region... and when you visit, ask the DM to work the computer or even the Customer Service the customers deserve. Just come because if you tell them you're coming they will fly people in and fix those crashing numbers..
    Remember Pink Floyd's words
    ..RUN RUN. RUN. RUN. 🏃 YOU BETTER RUN!!!!

"Don't waste your life"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Get lots of free product samples, have great co workers and good employee discount. Nothing else is worth working here

Cons

Lots! You Work alone a lot, they over work employees until the quit. They don't care about personal life or if you are sick you are expected to be at work. Stores are always short staffed and managers make less then 35k with bonuses a year.
    You are on call all the time, and have to drop everything to come in when they say. Sense stores are so short staffed and we are left alone managers get lots of phone calls at home from employees and saloncentric don't pay our phone bills!
    No upper management support, and when they do come in it's a nightmare of a visit. They beat you down to feel like you are nothing and can't go anyplace else to work. Save yourself the stress and look else where for employment.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and come work in the store to see what we deal with being alone day after day. It's bad enough we work alone while trying to provide our customers good service then you pile tons of tasks on us with unreasonable time limits.

"Terrible company"

Pros

You get cheap or free product

Cons

A lot of work for little pay. There's no work life balance

9. "Solid company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interested in the success of its customers. Realizes they need to be successful before Sa lonCentric can be successful.

Cons

Since it's a fun industry, they get away with not paying wages commensurate with the effort of their employees.

Advice to Management

Pay managers at the level of other, comparable sales organizations. Very demoralizing!

10. "Not awesome"

I worked at SalonCentric full-time

Pros

I got to try new hair products before they were available to salons

Cons

Very difficult and condescending district management. No room for growth and really low pay considering we were all licensed professionals.