Sam Carbis Solutions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shawn Cramer Mizell

Pros
  • Some of the people in the shop are good people (in 6 reviews)

• Some good co-workers and they have a (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything, backstabbers, gossipers, Rumor Mill, Brown Nosers, friend to your face-hateful behind your back (in 5 reviews)

• They drop good, quality people for no reason at all (in 3 reviews)

"Welder"

Pros

Hours and work environment are great compared to other companies.

Cons

Company is not considerate towards a new hires personal situation when it comes to PTO.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration your employees personal lives.

"It's a disease caused by an uncontrolled child"

Former Employee - Manager in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Florence, SC

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners care about themselves and will often shop online during their meetings while you are responding to their questions.

Cons

Changes everyday which leads me to believe they're ignorant in how to manage the company.

Pay structure changed so they keep more money and don't have to pay us overtime.

The vast majority of employees despise this place. It's an unhealthy work environment. I can't imagine a worse place to work outside of slavery.

Advice to Management

Fire me so I'll be forced to find another job.

"Favoritism"

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

The only people who get paid what they deserve are the people the plant manager likes on a personal level. How hard you work at Carbis is irrelevant because you do not get paid based on your work ethic. They do not value their employees nor do they care to hear any input you may have regarding production. The dogs are provided with heat and air yet the employees are not.

Advice to Management

Base raises on work and attendance instead of skin color and personal relationships. The production workers have good ideas to help better production and we are not all idiots so please stop treating us and speaking to us as such. Keep your word and actually acknowledge tier sheets

"Should be a reality show"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, SC

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some good people that work here, but they're going fast.
    We have a good product.
    The job is rewarding.
    Good job experience, working here will set me up for a career with somebody else in this industry.

Cons

It is amazing the amount of talented and good employees this company will fire for no reason.
    Well the product is good, the service is notoriously awful. Customers often regret decide to order from us.
    Employees often feel like ponds in a game of chess, expendable and not very empowered.

Advice to Management

Advice, opinions, or suggestions are viewed as attacks.

"Production"

Current Employee - Production in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Production in Florence, SC

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people in the shop are good people. No supervision in the shop. You can do what ever you want.

Cons

No accountability anywhere in the company. Pay is below average. The supervisors have different rules for different employees. No worth even considering for employment.

Advice to Management

Focus on what really matters.

"Same old Carbis"

Former Employee - Detailer in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Detailer in Florence, SC

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

I guess you could say "It's a Paycheck"

Cons

A lower value is placed on employees than the broken down equipment.
    A time limit is given employees for every job and heaven help you if you run over by even 5 minutes. One size fits all mentality. Suck up to the "family" and you get ahead even if you haven't a clue. If you are a suck up woman you have it made. (this one could have gone in the Pros section depending on your gender. If you're a male you have a target on your back if you complain.

Advice to Management

Just shut the place down and be done with it.

"Regional Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potentially large sales opportunities that could approach $1 million.

Cons

Entrenched ownership and management, "flip/flop sales/support approach and changing disciplines at the drop of a hat." Massive turnover.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the experience.

"They were there when it really mattered"

Pros

On Glassdoor you will always see a mix bag of reviews (some good, some bad). From my expereince I can say Sam Carbis Solutions Group does look after dedicated employees. I recently had a family emergency that meant I needed to fly to England at the last minute. After returning I had to fly back within the week. I contacted the President to explain my situation. There was never a question about taking time off. I was told to take off to be with my family and not to think about it. This shows me that if you are dedicated and a hard worker it is noticed. Carbs will look after you when it really matters.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

"Sales Consultant"

Pros

The company culture in this organization fosters an environment allowing individual growth and excellence. Whether or not the employees take advantage is up to the individual.

Cons

As with any manufacturing and technical organization there are ebbs and flows. During busier times of the year its great but this may create some tension during downtime while expectations never dropped from the good times based on market conditions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and understand your valued employees realize you appreciate loyalty as they strive to make you appreciative of their efforts.

"Formal employee."

Pros

There are people that want to make a difference, a change , and build this company of 4 generations back strong again.

Cons

You can't make things better if the staff in charge already have the answer but don't know the question yet. You will not be able to full evey person that comes along with big words and no results or action. In short, it's sad to see it going this way.

Advice to Management

What could anyone possibly say that you have not already heard. So I will just simply say my prayers are with you and your family.