Sam Carbis Solutions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shawn Cramer Mizell

Pros
  • Some of the people in the shop are good people (in 6 reviews)

• Some good co-workers and they have a (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • They drop good, quality people for no reason at all (in 3 reviews)

• This company will fire you without ANY prior warning (in 2 reviews)

"Regional Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potentially large sales opportunities that could approach $1 million.

Cons

Entrenched ownership and management, "flip/flop sales/support approach and changing disciplines at the drop of a hat." Massive turnover.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the experience.

2. "Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, SC

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money is the only reason I worked there

Cons

Absolutely everything else about the job.

Advice to Management

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

"It's a disease caused by an uncontrolled child"

Former Employee - Manager in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Florence, SC

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners care about themselves and will often shop online during their meetings while you are responding to their questions.

Cons

Changes everyday which leads me to believe they're ignorant in how to manage the company.

Pay structure changed so they keep more money and don't have to pay us overtime.

The vast majority of employees despise this place. It's an unhealthy work environment. I can't imagine a worse place to work outside of slavery.

Advice to Management

Fire me so I'll be forced to find another job.

"Should be a reality show"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Florence, SC

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some good people that work here, but they're going fast.
    We have a good product.
    The job is rewarding.
    Good job experience, working here will set me up for a career with somebody else in this industry.

Cons

It is amazing the amount of talented and good employees this company will fire for no reason.
    Well the product is good, the service is notoriously awful. Customers often regret decide to order from us.
    Employees often feel like ponds in a game of chess, expendable and not very empowered.

Advice to Management

Advice, opinions, or suggestions are viewed as attacks.

"Production"

Current Employee - Production in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Production in Florence, SC

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people in the shop are good people. No supervision in the shop. You can do what ever you want.

Cons

No accountability anywhere in the company. Pay is below average. The supervisors have different rules for different employees. No worth even considering for employment.

Advice to Management

Focus on what really matters.

"Same old Carbis"

Former Employee - Detailer in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Detailer in Florence, SC

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

I guess you could say "It's a Paycheck"

Cons

A lower value is placed on employees than the broken down equipment.
    A time limit is given employees for every job and heaven help you if you run over by even 5 minutes. One size fits all mentality. Suck up to the "family" and you get ahead even if you haven't a clue. If you are a suck up woman you have it made. (this one could have gone in the Pros section depending on your gender. If you're a male you have a target on your back if you complain.

Advice to Management

Just shut the place down and be done with it.

"Shop worker, florence sc Potentially great company, needs some changes though.."

Current Employee - Shop Worker in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Shop Worker in Florence, SC

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Co workers that are more like friends. Good advancement opportunities if management can keep up with giving workers their raises they deserve according to their tiers, and work they do.

Cons

The pay is not that great, tier system def needs to be updated some people that should be getting master tier 3 pay are getting beginner tier 2 pay, communication between management and shop workers isn't very good. Breaks and every Saturday isn't worth the overtime especially since nothing ships out and nothing productive is really getting done. People have family's you know... 1 day off a week is not enough. The temperature in the shop is brutal whether hot or cold outside. I promise production would go up if the temperature was more comfortable.

Advice to Management

Communicate with ALL shop workers because WE do the real work, and without us, there would be no products. Value suggestions from shop workers, get us some heat and air conditioning, update these people's tier levels in ALL areas of the shop and pay us for the hard work we do and skills we have in our tiers. Please less saturday work, especially without a 48 hr notice like the hand book and labor law states.

"Absolutely the worst business in whole to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot say one good thing about this supposed "team". Lack of respect and conniving behind the backs of others.

Cons

Management = JOKE if your not accepted into the clicks they have throughout the "family" business, you might as well keep your resume up to date. They will cut down people who are there to work and learn with no help of the "coaches" they have in place and LACK of training if can even call it that.

Advice to Management

Look within - your LEADERS are followers and are down right disrespectful with the outlook to save themselves before anything. Knowledge is everything- not knowing someone or trying to save face so you stay in the in crowd does not make a business. A lot of scheming and manipulation if your not liked or you show you have a back bone and stand up. TRUST is one thing that no one has there, as everyone has their own agenda and if you fit in and threaten or step on toes, pack your bags. Heaven forbid you acknowledge instead of tear down hard workers who do their job and want to learn to better the company. A lot of favoritism and covering up-

"Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

I have been working at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time

Pros

The pay is competitive and I work in a welcoming family environment where even though there are 200 (give or take) employees, we all know each others names. I feel at home when I come to work every day. I feel as though my ideas and thoughts are taken into consideration and I am never alone in a situation that may arise in my department. The department I work in is not only a team but also a small family inside the big family. I do not feel like I am being watched over my shoulder constantly and am trusted to do my job as I was hired to do.

Cons

Policies change from day to day. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring. What is okay to do today is not okay to do tomorrow. There is a rumor mill that is typical in any company that you work for. There is a lot of brown nosing which is also typical.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees fairly by looking out for what's best not only for the company but for them as well.

Sam Carbis Solutions Group Response

Oct 7, 2015 – Inside Sales

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is that family atmosphere you describe that we believe makes us such a great company to work for. We celebrate our successes and commiserate our failures ... More

"Awful place to work"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Darlington, SC
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Darlington, SC

I worked at Sam Carbis Solutions Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None, Nothing, Nada, Zilch, Zero, Leaving

Cons

Everything, backstabbers, gossipers, Rumor Mill, Brown Nosers, friend to your face-hateful behind your back

Advice to Management

You get out of your employees what you put in