Samanage Reviews | Glassdoor

Samanage Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2019

3.5
Samanage CEO Doron Gordon (no image)
Doron Gordon

"Love Samanage"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Samanage full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many great things I can say about Samanage. The company works hard but we all celebrate together. Any time anyone has a question, there is someone who is willing to help you get the answer you are looking for.

Cons

There are some times where employees opinions aren't taken into consideration all the time, but management is doing a great job at wanting to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions which is great.

Samanage2018-08-23

"Winds are howling against this company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cary, NC

I worked at Samanage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worker bees are super nice to have as peers, lots of beer guzzling and free food, sometimes we do shots. A snowflakes dream job. Parking is cool other than the pine needles. I can stuff 5 packs of granola in my pocket before heading home

Cons

None that I can think of because we don't work very hard. Just be a good furry little gerbil and spin up a 5 seat deal and save your job every month. From time to time people smile at me in the hallways

Advice to Management

Congrats brooooooo's you pulled the pin at just the right time.

Samanage2019-08-07
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Cary, NC

I have been working at Samanage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture, Good People, Excellent owner

Cons

Just got acquired by SolarWinds

Samanage2019-05-15

"Lackluster Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I worked at Samanage full-time for more than a year

Pros

-EXCELLENT employees below mid-management. Some of the brightest, hardest-working people I have been around. -401k match -Healthcare benefits are excellent (as of the time of this review). -The HR team is excellent at hiring great people with solid work ethics. -Managers are paid well.

Cons

-Below average salaries for mid-management and below, with little hope of increase/promotion unless you're in a sales role. The company does not do employee reviews, and as a result employees are left wondering how they're doing / if they're going to have a job tomorrow. -Fraternity/sorority feeling with the different teams across the organization. -Workload is extremely heavy, particularly for the teams that... get paid the least. People on several teams end up working an hour or two at home every night just to catch up with THAT DAY's work. -As a result of the above, turnover is extremely high. There is a general feeling that the company is slowly circling the toilet bowl. Moral has been very low over the past 6 months. -Executive leadership seems to only care about the teams that bring in money (sales/marketing). All other positions are overworked, underpayed, and underappreciated. -I have seen several employees (genuinely good people that were valuable to the organization) essentially get bullied out of their jobs by exectuive leadership. This was unwarranted and is unacceptable.

Samanage2019-02-05

"Talented Employees, Terrible Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Samanage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will meet some talented and smart individuals that work here and learn a lot from your peers.

Cons

The leadership is terrible, with the exception of a few! There is a lack of diversity on the leadership team. There is only one female on the leadership team who was just made a VP after over a year of being on the team, while all of her male counterparts were already VPs. The CEO is hostile and treats only a handful of his favorites with respect, while he passes others in the hallway without so much of a hello. The... CEO is also a micromanager, and will insert himself in every project slowing the progress down. Other leaders within the company at a director level are cliquey within their own teams. They choose who they want to associate with on THEIR own team and are rude to other team members, even going to the point of yelling at them in an open office space or trying to humiliate them over slack.

Advice to Management

Have the CEO stay out of the small projects and focus on the big picture items. Also get rid of the old team members who are toxic to your culture and dragging the culture down and down treat individuals with respect. I would also advise on adding more diversity to your leadership team in the form of gender and race.

Samanage2018-11-27

"Terrible Executives"

I worked at Samanage

Pros

This company only gets its stars for the people who work below these executives. the recruiting team is amazing and has brought in some of the best people I've worked with. the product is actually really great as well very easy to understand and sell.

Cons

LOTS OF CONS: HR doesn't care about their employees or how they get treated. they only want to make sure they don't get sued. I've witnessed and experienced people get bullied at work to the point they've bullied people out of their jobs. The heads of departments have gone so far as to spread rumors and lies to hurt the reputation of employees on more than one occasion. Employees are constantly treated... differently based on whether they like you or not. They have fired and lay people off in droves this year. and of course many decided to jump ship on their own terms. From when I started to now the company has gone from a great culture of people willing to work hard for a company to a toxic environment where you might not have a job the next day. They will most likely respond to this post saying they take this allegation seriously, but they don't as they already know this stuff and haven't taken action.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. I understand people like to complain and change is hard, but this is very toxic. please HR do your job take heed of what your employees say. don't' worry about this post as I don't care any more focus on keeping the people happy. events and swag does not make happy employees

Samanage2018-08-30

September 3, 2018

I'm sorry that your experience at Samanage wasn't good. I know that I won't say anything in this response that will change your mind and you are 100% entitled to your opinion. Like people, companies make mistakes too. Sometimes we don't hire the right people and we have to make changes. That is probably the worst part of any leaders role, having to let someone go. Other times we may have the best laid plans, thoughts, or ideas and they just don't go as planned and we have to course correct. That's difficult too. To give you a statistic, our annualized turnover is 13%. We work hard every single day to hire the right people, give them a career path, and get out of their way. Like I said before, sometimes we hire the right people that can do this and thrive and other times we do not. We learn from these mistakes and try not to make them again. I wish you the very best of luck in your future endeavors. I'm sorry Samanage wasn't that place for you and hope you find it. Stay in touch because even though we have a difference in opinion, we still want the best for you.

"Proud and fortunate to be a part of the Samanage team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Samanage full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Samanage hires top notch talent and my coworkers are a joy to be around. The camaraderie I've found at Samanage is unparalleled. - Generous benefits package, with new perks typically added on an annual basis. - Unlimited PTO and flexible WFH option. I recognize that not every department has the same amount of flexibility in this area, but it's managed well within my team and we're able to use these benefits... as needed. - Education reimbursement - Professional development and continued education are highly encouraged within my department. -My team: I have a leader who will stand up for me, correct me when I'm wrong, and take the time to transfer knowledge to me. My colleagues and I are a team in the truest sense of the word, always willing to help and stand in for each other.

Cons

No obvious cons come to mind. I'm very fortunate to work under a strong, fair, and kind leader who is eager to help me with my professional development. I recognize that not everyone has shared my positive experience.

Advice to Management

Continue taking steps towards transparency. The trust our employees have in you needs to be rebuilt and reinforced. Consider implementing a more structured performance review/merit increase process as we continue to grow.

Samanage2018-08-22
  8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Cary, NC

I have been working at Samanage full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, great culture, great product, flexibility is incredible!! Loved it since the day I walked through the door!Health benefits are second to none, could not be more happy to work with a better team

Cons

-not a one so far, love the place

Advice to Management

push the innovative juices, keep growing the product, I love the solution we have!

Samanage2018-08-14

"Mostly Great People. A Few Insufferable People. Getting Worse."

I worked at Samanage full-time

Pros

Some really great people who work there. Community service encouraged. MacBook airs and two monitors for all employees. Snacks and drinks in office.

Cons

A few employees who are difficult to work with that make life hard on everyone. Lack of trust from leadership leading to bad decisions and micromanaging. Leadership all men and very much a boys club.

Advice to Management

Trust people to do the jobs you hire them for. Dump the employees making everyone's life harder.

Samanage2018-08-03

August 22, 2018Career Opportunities Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience with Samanage. We are grateful for all feedback, even the negative, as there is always room for improvement, especially at a company that is growing and evolving at a rapid pace. We are in complete agreement that there is a great team of people here at Samanage! And we’re glad you saw value in our Social Good and Community Service projects. The passion behind those initiatives comes straight from our Executive Leadership Team and truly flows from the top down. We’re disappointed to hear that a portion of your employee experience was negative. Our goal is for each employee to feel empowered to complete the job they were hired to perform, and to minimize micromanaging. Thank you again for providing feedback. This helps us focus on specific areas for improvement while striving to maintain an atmosphere of empowerment, diversity, and inclusion.

"CEO will be the death of this company"

I worked at Samanage full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance IT teams are awesome

Cons

People team are a bunch of "yes" girls/boys Alcoholics flock to the bar at 5pm on the dot every day (lawsuit waiting to happen) CEO refuses to let other decision makers make any decisions Below-average pay/benefits

Advice to Management

Replace Doron (CEO) Get rid of the bar

Samanage2018-08-21

September 4, 2018Career Opportunities Manager

Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. We’re pleased to hear you saw the value in the work-life balance at Samanage. We recognize that this balance is vital for personal health and relationships, and fostering this type of environment continues to be a priority for us. Samanage is in an agile industry that at times requires pivots in our strategic direction. While we try to inform all teams about our decision making process, sometimes the decisions our executive team makes are made quickly. This is one of the reasons we have implemented regular Town Hall meetings, so we can keep people up to speed as quickly as possible The office bar serves as an avenue employees use to engage and collaborate with team members they may not otherwise interact with regularly. In the afternoon, you will often see individuals from various departments sitting down and working together over a beer, soda, or even a glass of ice water. That being said, we consistently communicate that there is no pressure or expectation for employees to participate in this type of activity. Our employees are adults capable of making their own decisions and knowing their own limits. We're disappointed to hear your opinion on our compensation structure and benefit offerings. We regularly review all salaries to ensure that our employees are being compensated within appropriate market ranges. We're also quite proud of our competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage at no cost to employees, 401(k) match, unlimited PTO, tuition and fitness reimbursement, and stock options (to name a few). Finally, we'd like to address the comments made regarding our Founder and CEO. We're proud of our fearless leader. He expects the best from everyone within the organization, and rightfully so. He has successfully led Samanage to be a disrupter and market leader in the ITSM industry, and we look forward forward to his continued leadership. Thank you for your feedback, and we wish you much success in the future.

Found 64 reviews