Samaritan Ministries International Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Ted Pittenger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AMAZING"

I have been working at Samaritan Ministries International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, atmosphere, and culture

Cons

None that I can think of. Potentially a more competitive compensation plan

Advice to Management

Keep hiring capable people

2. "Best workplace environment ever!"

Pros

Always willing to work with employees and communicate expectations for each position. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Limited salary thresholds in all departments except ITS

3. "Database Administrator"

Former Employee - Health Care Sharing in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Health Care Sharing in Peoria, IL

I worked at Samaritan Ministries International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best atmosphere someone could ask for! A real blessing to help our members, praying, and the whole experience in general.

Cons

As part of IT, we could have fellowships and prayed with the other departments a little more. But all in all. There were no real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job you are doing. Continue to walk in the Spirit for Gods glory and for what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross.

4. "Best. Job. Ever."

I have been working at Samaritan Ministries International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture. The staff development/HR team recruits for fit and so if you belong here you'll make it through the opening interview but if you don't they'll likely decline a second meeting.

Food and fun with frequency.

People genuinely care about one another, even amidst trials and struggles.

Cons

Still some plugging of holes from rapid growth, so there's some blind spots they're still discovering.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to keep the environment healthy. Don't compromise to keep the seats full. Keep the leaders humble, hungry and smart.

"Samaritan is a great place to work"

I have been working at Samaritan Ministries International full-time

Pros

Warm community, good benefits, gracious leadership, great people

Cons

Poor communication, occasional personal bias, clique-ish departments

"Member Services"

Pros

Healthy work environment - you are actually valued as an employee, Encouraging staff

Cons

Staying away from all of the food that they offer their staff!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Remain focused on Christ.

"Such a blessing!"

Current Employee - Membership Development Specialist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Samaritan Ministries International (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful place to work. Focused on God's glory. Genuine care for employees. My co-workers are dedicated to serving others. Coffee flows like water. Wearing jeans is celebrated. :)

Cons

1. There is much delicious food to resist. 2. Lots of info to acclimate to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You all are doing a great job! fell free to make T-Shirt Tuesday every Tuesday!

"SMI is who they say they are"

Pros

Samaritan ministries is an inviting and encouraging environment to work in. I never feel burdened to come to work in the morning and I am never anxious to leave for the evening. I actually miss seeing my coworkers over the weekend and cant wait to see them on a Monday because they not only my coworkers they are my friends. When I started my work here I was shocked to see that it really functioned as it was described to me, that the work environment was relaxed, energetic, kind and uplifting. I believe that the true mark of integrity is when someone or something is what they say they are when no one is looking. Samaritan continues to be who they say they are even after I joined the team, that is integrity.

Cons

I wish that I had joined Samaritan sooner than I did. I put many years in at a job where I was not appreciated, encouraged or cared about. After I joined the team here and saw how attractive a job and work environment could be I regretted not leaving my previous job sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep taking your time to hire the right people and seek out the best positions for them. Keep encouraging and leading your teams well.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Samaritan Ministries International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a clear vision and an excitement about what we do here. They have great benefits and because the ministry is growing rapidly, there are good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Depending on the department, the work load can be quite heavy during certain parts of the year. But, when you clock home, it's easy to leave the stress at work rather than taking it with you.

"A wonderful work environment"

Current Employee - Membership Development Specialist in Peoria, IL

Pros

Working at Samaritan I look forward to going to work each day. I don't feel like I am working for the weekend and I definitely don't dread the going back to work blues that you get Sunday night before heading back into the work week. This company works hard to provide a community atmosphere within it's workforce. My coworkers are fun and genuine people who care about helping me become better at my job.

Cons

In my experience so far I can't find much that I would place in this category. It is still a job so there are parts that may provide more of a challenge than others. But I haven't yet found a challenge that I couldn't go to my leadership to get help....and they provide it. So that would actually go in the pros section!

Advice to Management

T-shirt Tuesday should be every week instead of once a month!