KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SambaSafety Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2022

Found 111 of over 113 reviews

4.9
SambaSafety CEO Allison Guidette (no image)
Allison Guidette

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SambaSafety and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company, important mission, great opportunity

Apr 15, 2022 - Product Management in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

SambaSafety is a mission driven company with products that make a difference to our customers and our communities. There are no shortage of opportunities to learn, grow and advance your career. SambaSafety continues to invest in leadership across the entire organization resulting in a great culture.

Cons

Fast pasted growth can be stressful at times but the knowledge and experience learned along the way is invaluable.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If culture and career progression matter, SambaSafety is for you

Apr 8, 2022 - Marketing Operations Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where do I begin.... - ample opportunity for career progression - strong work/life balance - great company culture - we are a growing company that continues to innovate - there is a large emphasis on collaboration and innovation - fantastic perks and benefits - leadership genuinely appreciates their employees and they show it

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of one. Bandwidth is a little tight right now, but that is because we are growing so much - which presents a lot of opportunities. Opportunities to contribute right away as well as grow within the company. So not a con per se, just a challenge.

VP HR

Thank you for submitting a review and more importantly thank you for all your contributions in making SambaSafety an exceptional workplace!

3. 5.0

Solid company

Mar 20, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, good work life balance, easy to move up

Cons

I don't love the clients you work with. Like I was servicing Peleton right after their lay offs and I felt so dirty for it.

VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Samba! Very happy that you are pleased with your decision to join us. Definitely agree on the ability to grow your career at Samba. Last year alone we promoted over 30% of our workforce. It's difficult supporting a customer who is downsizing, however that is makes your function so important, you can be the shiny part of their day.

4. 5.0

SambaSafety Review

Mar 8, 2022 - Product Owner in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best placed I've worked for, by far. People hold themselves accountable for their work and are always willing to jump in and help anyone in the organization. The company also does a quarterly alignment that provides key updates for employees to stay in the know. Transparency from executive leadership all the way down the ladder is real. Benefits package is above average for companies this size. They offer a lot and cover a lot for their employees. -Work/Life Balance: This company is fast paced and very milestone / initiative driven so there is a lot going on (like most companies) but everyone respects the balance of work. Unlimited PTO doesn't mean we will make you feel bad for taking time off. Here at Samba, leadership wants you to take time off so that you succeed and aren't burned out in your job so unlimited PTO really means take time off. They also expect everyone to work hard but manage your time, if you have to take your dog to the vet or take care of a sick kid, there is no judgement. Samba is successful at this because employees hold themselves accountable and work hard. -Growth Opportunities: Samba is growing in the market and growing in their workforce. They invest in their employees and promote from within. A mentorship program and education dollars that we can use for learning is also a nice addition that supports employee growth.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any and it's not just because I want the company to look good. I just really don't have negative feedback. The company is growing so there are some growth pains with change but they work really hard to deliver change with an employee centric mindset.

VP HR

Love this! It's a great summation of what makes SambaSafety and its people so exceptional. Thank you!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mission driven company full of smart people

Mar 7, 2022 - Vice President in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our mission : we use data to make our customers and communities safer. We are by far the market leader but have almost endless room to grow. Everyone at Samba believes in what we do and respects and supports their colleagues in this mission

Cons

The company moves quickly and you will not run short of challenges- must thrive in a fast paced environment where customer expectations are high.

VP HR

Thank you for posting a review of Samba. Completely agree with your comments. It is amazing to work for an organization where all it's people have such pride for what we are ultimately doing; promoting safer communities. We are saving lives daily.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great overall

Dec 29, 2021 - BDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation, great technology, and lots of PTO

Cons

Company had little direction. Tough to navigate the workplace with very little guidance .

VP HR

Thank you for submitting a review of Samba. I'm sorry to see your experience with us was not exceptional. Wondering if you felt you had the opportunity to reach out to your manager, your ELT member, or HR to gain additional guidance. Wish you well in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Safety Company with great Culture

Dec 20, 2021 - Account Manager in Centennial, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, team building and collaborative problem solving teams. growing quickly and looking to add more products to help create a complete solution for our customers

Cons

working through streamlining processes but only minor issues

VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Truly appreciate all your contributions to making Samba as exceptional as it is.

8. 5.0

SambaSafety Company Review

Nov 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Within SambaSafety, there is a multitude of different departments that work in tandem, making teamwork crucial; because SambaSafety prides itself on teamwork, I have been able to efficiently and effectively complete each project within a timely manner. I have found that many employees within Samba are always eager to assist in helping get the job done!

Cons

I do not have any cons to speak to.

VP HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Samba. We truly appreciate the teamwork we have at Samba and that is thanks to exceptional people such as yourself.

9. 5.0

Dynamic, energetic company

Nov 16, 2021 - Business Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engaging workplace, positive environment and culture

Cons

No major cons so far

VP HR

Thank you for submitting a review. It is thanks to you and all Sambans that we have such an energized and engaging workplace and culture.

10. 5.0

Incredible Place To Work

Nov 12, 2021 - Enterprise Sales Development Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is like no other company I have ever worked for. It's like one large family. People care and actually work as one large team. The management is second to none... The company has one very strict rule that they stick with which is not negotiable. That rule is: "No Attitudes Allowed". Great communication all the way up to the very involved CEO.

Cons

I can't think of any....

VP HR

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Samba. We are so very pleased to have you in the Samba family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Reviews

SambaSafety Reviews FAQs

SambaSafety has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 113 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at SambaSafety to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SambaSafety employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SambaSafety. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

97% of SambaSafety employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SambaSafety 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SambaSafety to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with SambaSafety Job Seekers