Sammons Financial Group Companies Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.8
Pros
  • "Good Benefits / Compensation / Work Life Balance(in 68 reviews)

• "Great culture and company benefits(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None that come to mind at this time(in 13 reviews)

• "I don't really have any cons of working here(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Employment at Sammons

Apr 27, 2021 - Case Manager in West Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management takes care of employees

Cons

I have no current cons

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Review

May 12, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, ESOP program that is pretty amazing. Ability to work from home.

Cons

They are all about productivity and really don't care about what other things you have to do that aren't being calculated into your numbers. It's the quantity, not focused on quality and the true ability of an individual while taking account of accuracy. A lot of management don't know how to do the work they are managing.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company but Less Than Excellent Departments

Apr 4, 2021 - Correspondence Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits at the time were good, ESOP made it easy to ensure you had something to retire with if you didn’t make sufficient wages to put away money for retirement. Company culture was overall good, I enjoyed the Sammons Leadership Series (SLS) as that helped shape me as a young employee. Some departments were very close and would often hold team potlucks or participate in onsite games (note: precovid). Volunteer opportunities were abundant.

Cons

Pay was not sufficient for living, raises were nearly nonexistent often being less than 10 cents per hour for a year. Some of the departments did not follow the culture of the company, my department was an unfortunate example of this. Issues and delays with implementation of accommodations for medical. Applying within the company requires approval from supervisors (HR actually contacts them to inform them of the application).

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company - Culture and Benefits

Apr 22, 2021 - Assistant Vice President, IT Data Analytics in Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Culture - Love working with people who take accountability and have a lot of pride in the products we deliver. I trust this organization to look for the best situation for our agents, employees and policy holders. I also appreciate half day Fridays!

Cons

I can't really think of any right now. I feel very fortunate to be at a place that values the work we do each day.

5. 5.0

Highly Recommend

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Desk in West Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comp, culture, employees, willingness to help, friendliness, kindness, atmosphere, inclusion, values.

Cons

I am on day 60, as of right now, and I truly haven't found any.

6. 5.0

I love working for Sammons

Apr 26, 2021 - Regional Vice President in West Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a great culture

Cons

I haven't found one yet

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Apr 18, 2021 - Service Effectiveness Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture that all employees truly live by, great benefits, and many opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

I can not think of any

Sammons Financial Group Companies Response

Senior HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very grateful for the strong culture that our employees create. We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, great focus on employee development

Cons

Can’t think of anything that is a con.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Took me awhile, but I found the ideal company

Jan 29, 2021 - Data Analyst in West Des Moines, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture. We live our values here. They are not words you read from a poster on the wall. These are real life daily events. Respect for one another is incredible here. The levels of understanding, commitment, accountability and encouragement are unlike any other company I've been associated with. It is truly a refreshing change to be treated with so much respect and encouraged to give it right back. I love it here.

Cons

I haven't been here long, but I can honestly not think of any.

Sammons Financial Group Companies Response

Senior HR Specialist

Thank you so much for providing a review! It is great to hear such positive remarks regarding our culture. It is very much a focus for our incredible employees. We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

"Wow! That's unheard of!"

Oct 7, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

This employer shines on a normal basis. The culture, the values, the diverse and inclusive nature of our workforce stands out in our industry and in our communities. For an organization to shine even brighter during a crisis is simply unheard of. That is the response I received time and time again when I shared the care and concern Sammons Financial Group demonstrated for our employees during the company's pandemic response. As I shared the laundry list of details including technology updates, benefit updates, pay, flexibility, communications, and the health & safety protocols the company so diligently and quickly stood-up during this COVID crisis with my peers and external colleagues, every response was: "Wow! That's unheard of!" Thank you Sammons for reiterating, in action, how our culture and our employee "family" is the foundation of our business success even in an unpredictable and unstable climate.

Cons

As with any organization, there will be individuals who see the "glass" as half empty. Nothing that can be done about this. Managers and culture counsel are great and trying to help these individuals see what a great organization this is.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 470 Reviews