Sammons Financial Group Companies Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2020

4.9
Pros
  • "Flexibility and understanding of work/life balance(in 50 reviews)

• "Strong culture focused on what’s best for SFG overall(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that come to mind(in 13 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working at Sammons(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Culture!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President Sales and Sales Support in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Sammons Financial Group Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sammons walks the walk when it comes to culture. It's the people and an amazing culture that make this such an amazing place to work!! Having a casual work environment and Friday afternoons off doesn't hurt either!

Cons

I can't complain about a thing!

2. "Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Team Advisor

I have been working at Sammons Financial Group Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sammons demonstrates from day one that they care about who we are as people, not just employees. Culture emphasizes Integrity, Openness, Respect, and Accountability. It is easy to participate in learning and development opportunities. Job expectations are clear and achievable.

Cons

Interdepartmental communication is sometimes lacking; teams make changes without considering the impact on other teams. The company is actively working to improve this, which shows leadership is attentive to feedback.

3. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Chief Information Officer (CIO) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sammons Financial Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong culture focused on what’s best for SFG overall Private company allows weathering challenges better

Cons

I really don’t have any.

4. "My co-workers are the best!"

Current Employee - Shared Services

Pros

Culture, hours, work/life balance is top notch and the PEOPLE

Cons

Overall technology could use improvement throughout the company

5. COVID-19

"Great company, great benefits, and most importantly great people."

Current Employee - Paralegal in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Sammons Financial Group Companies full-time

Pros

I am impressed with the company culture here. I can say that Sammons is very intentional about their culture, who they hire and how employees are treated. I feel like the company is invested in me and feel I have a lot of support from my manager and colleagues. I feel the support from other teams as well as I integrate myself into my role and get to know members of this company. People are very pleasant and patient even though they are busy. Cant forget to add that every Friday is a half-day!

Cons

We are in a pandemic...COVID-19 year 2020. I got onboarded remotely and haven't meet the whole department in person.... even though the environment we live in today made it a little difficult for everyone, Sammons was able to integrate me into my position and my team seamlessly!

6. COVID-19

"Truly an employer of choice!"

Current Employee - Director in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Sammons Financial Group Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Sammons Financial Group over 3 years ago - still amazed by the culture at this company, and how purposeful leadership is to drive that strong culture, even during a pandemic. Values are strong and true. ESOP is a truly unique benefit - nothing like it!

Cons

While work/life balance is promoted and encouraged, it can be a challenge to achieve. Still, leadership does a great job encouraging that balance while driving for business results.

Continue reading
  7. "Sammons where our opinions matter"

Current Employee - Director IT Engineering in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

Enjoy working for Sammons as our opinion matters and all employees are valued.

Cons

There are no cons of working for Sammons

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

People are engaged because the company cares about them. In turn, people care about making this company successful in both our goals and mission.

Cons

Working for Sammons comes with great responsibilities and hard work! It's worth the effort!

9. COVID-19

"Great place to work, highly recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Overall, I really love the company culture at Sammons. Leaders are very open with communication, which is great to have. There are a lot of opportunities for learning, development,, growth, merit increases, TIP bonuses, and upward trajectory for careers. I really appreciate the benefits, ESOP, and half day Fridays. I also feel like leaders and coworkers at Sammons actually care about me as a person and my well-being, instead of just being an employee.

Cons

I wish there was an opportunity to "buy" additional PTO, which I have been able to do at other companies I've worked for. (You can "sell" a set amount of PTO, but not "buy" any extra time off here.) As a new hire, but someone with 10 years of professional working experience in my field, it's hard to start with zero PTO hours and accrue it so slowly. I also hope that more departments and areas will be able to work from home in future and post-pandemic. My specific department allows a WFH hybrid, but there could be improvement in allowing working from home on a semi-regular basis.

10. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales Administration in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

Sammons is a fantastic place to work and somewhere I can see myself working until retirement. The culture at the company is wonderful and it is truly a fun place to work. Management and Executive Teams are very transparent and open about the company, how we are doing and where we are going. I am very impressed with how well they have handled this pandemic and that they truly put their employees first.

Cons

I can't think of any specific cons for the company. I love working here.

Found 303 reviews