Samsung Electronics America Employee Reviews about "no work life"
60% would recommend to a friend
(204 total reviews)
62% approve of CEO
Found 204 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Samsung Electronics America
a month ago
Hello all, I am looking for career shift to Finance&economic industry. I am currently taking MBA after my 4 years of experience in MKTG and Operation at well-recognized tech start up and briefly with Samsung. My favor is towards investment banking or general consulting industry. I want to share my well-expanded knowledge and insight of the current market and industry, develop proper application from higher level. Open for any recommendation as well!
a year ago
Seeking LEK, EY-P, OW Referrals Hi All -- Am respectfully reaching out for referrals to any of the listed firms. I have 2+ YOE at Samsung, went to target undergrad, and am looking at entry-level, generalist consulting roles. Am happy to share my resume prior to ensure I'd be a decent fit! EY-Parthenon Oliver Wyman
a month ago
Happy Friday! I am looking for a new role - Front-end dev or UI Engineer. I have 2 YOE, ReactNext.js & SASS are my main stacks. I am currently working at an agency where my main clients are Samsung and LG. I am open for On-site or hybrid - I am located in Dallas, Texas. Thank you!
Got a burning question about Samsung Electronics America? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Samsung Electronics America employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "No work life balance and need to do work hard" (in 138 reviews)
- "Korean company with Korean values and culture." (in 88 reviews)
- "Poor management with Facilities Engineering Group" (in 81 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is lacking because they don't have power over the Korean management." (in 41 reviews)
- "Long hours and stress can be very high if you allow it to be" (in 35 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Samsung Electronics America and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "no work life"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 31, 2021Supply Chain ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Great overall benefits, decent medical insurance, PTO and 401K.
Too many unnecessary reporting and poor work/life balance.1
- 3.0Oct 4, 2023MarketingFormer EmployeeRidgefield Park, NJ
- Global respect and recognition for the Samsung brand - Smart talented employees dedicated to the work. Great experience working with them across functions and around the world - Opportunities to work on exciting / new / innovative products - Nice employee discount on Samsung products - Strong compensation and benefits package (except no profit sharing, stock options/RSUs, etc.)
- Horrendous culture driven from Korea HQ where life revolves around work (not the other way around). This is the expectation for all employees. Led to awful work/life balance, especially if you have a family or kids. My HR recruiter basically lied to me about the culture ('sold me' if you will). In hindsight I wish I had investigated this part more - Incredibly difficult to get anything done. So much red tape and lots of restrictive policies that cause high levels of frustration. ** example - the company has still not embraced real-time collaboration tools (Slack, Google Drive, etc.) that are standard at literally every other company worldwide. Net results are (1) CRAZY amounts of email and tons of meetings which doesn't leave much time for actual work, and (2) major communication struggles with colleagues around the world Overall I would not recommend working at Samsung if you care about working efficiently, work/life balance or have a family.4
- 1.0Oct 31, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDallas, TX
Pay and health insurance are good and that's it.
Possibly the WORST company I have ever worked for. Zero work life balance and complete incompetent mid-level leadership. Slave like culture, work overtime (with no additional pay), work weekends and work 15 hour days at month end. Zero HR support.3
- 5.0Aug 17, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
-Management is very understanding of circumstances that are out of your control. -Your vocie as an individual is heard at all levels of management.
-Work life balance is a focus of the company but at the lowest levels work is much heavier on the balance scales -Compesation isn't equitable across the company for the exact same roles
- 3.0Jul 12, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Always on the cutting edge of the lastest technology
No work life balance especially during launch time and holidays. There is very little to no upward mobility especially for the Field team.Samsung Electronics America Response7y
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear your positive review of our cutting edge and innovative technology! We honor and appreciate the creative, devoted, and hard-working individuals we have on our team and we recognize how vital it is to take time off to recharge. Additionally, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our goal is to grow and develop our people and set them up for success. We are continuously looking for ways to improve and it’s feedback like yours that helps us achieve our goals. Sincerely, The Employee Engagement Team
- 1.0Mar 19, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeRichardson, TX
Some really smart people that work really hard
Companies that make employees work 12 hour + days and weekends DO NOT have a great work life balance. Companies whose employees hate working there so much that they resign before they've found a new job DO NOT have a great culture. Companies that don't promote from within DO NOT offer great 'career opportunities'. If Samsung ever paid as much attention to the people who make them successful as they do the products those people work their butts off to support - this would be an amazing place to work. Unfortunately - they don't. Keep looking for your Next Big Thing. This isn't it.18
- 4.0Feb 7, 2023Senior Manager, MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRidgefield Park, NJ
Good benefits and salary People are nice Fast paced get to learn a lot Not very hierarchy driven- you can feel comfortable contributing, proposing ideas and giving your opinion at any level to any level
Work life balance Too focused on features and innovation Not sticking to a strategy enough time