Samsung Electronics America Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 28, 2020

3.1
Samsung Electronics America President and CEO YH Eom
YH Eom
Pros
Cons
  • "Work Life balance (working 50 hrs minimum per week)(in 162 reviews)

• "All approvals have to come from Korea(in 80 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I have loved working here!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will work with great people!

Cons

Samsung has high expectations, which is more a pro than a con, but can be a con as far as work-life balance.

2. COVID-19

"Wide Variance, Okay Overall"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good (not great) compensation. Great benefits. My work life balance has always been exceptionally good, although I’ve heard of Sales-related teams and our Korean staff having awful hours. The people, for the most part, are really nice. The Chelsea offices are convenient and beautiful—slightly less fun to commute to NJ, but Samsung has let me work from home most days even before COVID.

Cons

Wide variance in experiences. I’ve heard some people who work 12+ hour days, some people who slack and get away with it. Everything is silo’ed. Very little cross-departmental work. Compensation is good, but not compared to other tech companies (Samsung comp. is probably more in line with IBM vs Apple). SEA also takes marching orders from Korea, so sometimes little autonomy in making the right business decisions vs what you’re told to do. Lots of young people, and then tons of dinosaurs—again, huge variance. Lots of people who work at Samsung and then jump to Spotify, etc., but then tons of older staff from RadioShack, PC Richards, etc., which is not ideal.

Continue reading

3. "Staff systems engineer"

Former Employee - Staff Systems Engineer

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cutting edge technical stuff Fast pace

Cons

Not so great leave policy Poor work life balance

"Great Company, but long hours"

Former Employee - Senior Demand Planner in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits Unlimited Overtime Great office and cafeteria

Cons

Work Life balance (working 50 hrs minimum per week) Promotions not based on skill

Continue reading
  5. "Great pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

Pay, benefits and culture are all strong points as long as you aren't a 3rd party employee

Cons

Work load, work life/ balance.. Senior Management is clueless as to what happens on front lines

"Ok Company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

Good products, big in the industry, coworkers

Cons

Work life balance, top down culture

"Ok"

Current Intern - Purchasing Intern in Newberry, SC

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not too many pros, the other interns were great that’s why this is a 3-star rating. We also got a good amazing of free stuff and lunches.

Cons

Not a welcoming experience. Also very disorganized. Everyone there had a terrible work life balance. Upper management gets mad when you question them or even make suggestions.

"Cool Work, Subpar Team"

Former Employee - Category Manager in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

Samsung is a great company with many talented people Products are top of the line Work Life Balance is within reason

Cons

Office and its location are BOOTLEG for a tech company Leadership frequently are not aligned Minimal room for growth/upward mobility Pay is FAR below industry standard

9. COVID-19

"Positive changes last three years, but be ready to work hard."

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work with, present and learn about the latest tech. Outstanding benefits and great support during COVID-19. Great LGBTQ inclusiveness.

Cons

In the past work life balance was rough, but there have been recent positive changes with new leadership. Hoping for good things moving forward.

Continue reading
  10. "Excellent place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company cares about their employees, even through this challenging times. Growth path may be limited if you can relocate, but they give you all the tools and opportunities to move up if you work at it. Decent work life balance, but prepared to work. This isn't a kick back job. Flexibility in being able to schedule as you see fit, flex times as well. Fantastic benefits, some of the best I've had in 20 years in Wireless. Good perks and chances to travel. Love the people I work with, and even at the highest level, they care about their people. Communication is open and honest, and they accept feed forward as well. Training and coaching really can set you up for growth. I love working at Samsung.

Cons

Again, opportunities to move up could be limiting based on where you live, and what area you are in. Sometimes the work can pull you away from work life balance, but it typically happens during naturally heavier times like launches and holidays. Lastly, could benefit from a few extra perks other wireless manufacturers have in terms of deeper discounts for employees, and carrier partnerships on monthly billing, but that's just being picky.

Found 180 reviews